Tomb of the Builders

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Tomb of the Builders

#61 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm listens to Varrick and Ruken talking about tracks or a trail with not but this look on his face when Varrick speaks
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#62 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken draws upon his vast experience in talking with humans and manages to produce a rough translation for the group behind the man with the crazy tongue. "I don't think he is good at tracking footprints, figuring out what's what on the ground. Does anyone here have experience with that? It would help to know what exactly went down this path..." Ruken looks up to the crazed tongue man and just smiles with reassurance.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#63 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios ponders for a moment, "I don't really possess the skill of tracking but....as a mage, I would be useless if I didn't have a means to find whoever I am looking for", he smiles then concentrates at the sky, muttering a few words and searching for a close by bird. He casts Bird Vision to see the plains from a higher view point and see if he can see anything interesting to where the tracks are heading.

INT: 19
Sorcery(88): [1d100] = 49
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by tooleychris »

The elf wizard looks to the sky and finds his target. He closes his eyes and chants the incantations. When he opens them again they are a milky white.

Eirenaios:
Your body begins to slip away. You feel yourself contacting the birds mind. You feel the lightness of hollow bones. You feel the wind gliding smoothly over your form. The warm sun against you feathers. Then you can see through its eyes! You guide it gently. Causing it to rise higher, above the tree line. You bank toward the path Ruken discovered and follow east. Crossing a creek you see a cave with a large troll, similar to the ones you defeated, but twice as big. With two heads!

You urge your new form lower, circling the monstrosity and can see it swinging a tree trunk like a club at some branches. It walks to and fro swinging the massive club, as if bored or impatient.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#65 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios looks to his companions, "One more troll this way, a giant one with two heads guarding a cave, shall we head there or ignore him and head to the shrine? Or is the shrine on the same way? My mind is a little hazy after looking through the bird's eyes"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#66 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Hope we got more oil ta burn more trolls with then." the dwarf comments back towards the others.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome fidgets around nervously as the mage speaks of two headed giant trolls. "I'd rather not pick a fight with such a thing if I can help it... but if everyone thinks they are up to the task, I'm sure that Elizabeth Bay would benefit from its removal. The shrine is in different direction though, from what you described. Over all, the western forests need to be explored, that was my original mission, and the more we explore, the better I suppose." Ruken's words are filled heavily with hesitation and uncertainty, his eyes not making direct contact with anyone for more than a few seconds.

After a few moments of silent deliberation, Ruken nods his head and says to everyone. "I will go with the group's choice, considering my lack of personal strength. I can bring oil to the table, but not a whole lot. It's a precious commodity for my profession you see, I can't be wasteful with it."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick thinks for a moment, pondering the situation, he then turns to Eirenaios, "Ye got ta spe'll ta lookit tru birds rite? Wot 'bout 'a big 'ol ball 'a fire ye? A' like ta see dis big tr'oll walk round wit dat. alsa mean we wou'nt be lookin fer all ta oil, smack dab 'n killin' two bird' wit one stone ye?" Varrick lets out a little laugh, grinning at the mental image he has made for himself.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#69 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios's eyes widens, "I-I think I can understand you now! This is fascinating, just as I evolved in magic I suddenly started understanding you, are you magical? Do you dabble in the great art?", he smiles, "Yes my charming friend, if you want a giant ball of fire then your request is granted", a bit of arrogance is starting to be present in his voice, "Well, I guess it wouldn't do us any harm to get that Ogre, and you my friend can show us your oil throwing skills!"

GreyWolfVT

#70 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh Ruke yah ain't no dwarf, a dwarf would fight that thing no problems."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by Rukellian »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Throm "Eh Ruke yah ain't no dwarf, a dwarf would fight that thing no problems."
Ruken just shrugs his shoulders and raises his hands palm up in confirmation. He nods his head silently with a knowing smile towards Throm's remark. "Aye, I've had my fair share of combat in the past. Now I stick to where its safe, hidden, out of sight and out of mind. I will leave the fighting to the fighters, yeah?"

GreyWolfVT

#72 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Sounds bout right Ruke. You tent ta bees we tend ta killin trolls." he adds a sly wink and grin at the last part of his reply to Ruke.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by tooleychris »

The sun peaking through the tree lines tells the party it's not quite noon, but the humidity of the jungle is thick none the less. The elf can estimate about a 45 minute walk to the creek that borders the troll cave While Throm believes the shrine to be over a days march still. What path will the brave adventurers (and Ruken :) ) take?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken will stick close to the group, as they probably head towards the troll's cave. He will be on the lookout for any special ingredient components that may catch his eyes along the way, always looking to keep his supply of stuff up.

Search Check 45% [1d100] = 58

Along the way he makes casual conversation with the others, hoping to learn all of their names this time around.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick will choose the path leading to the large ogre/troll? Seeing that the mission was to scout the area and remove any dangers, plus Evie's house is right by this place...

He will also give his name, several times, to Ruken as they walk.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by tooleychris »

"Is it Vark? Varri? Farik? Eric? I just dont understand!' :D

GreyWolfVT

#77 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well i can honestly say from time to time being in as many games as MW and I it is easy to forget who you are posting as lol ;)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Lol, true.

I've made the mistake of talking to a character from another game or even acting as a character I play as in another game.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by tooleychris »

As the party makes its way through the woods towards the giant two headed troll, a massive gush of breeze can be heard and then felt!
The trees bend in the gust and the stink of wyrm fills your nostrils!
A vast shadow plunges you into darkness as a mighty blue colored dragon lands hard before you, rending earth with its impact! It's all you can do just to keep your feet as the ground shudders.
Straddling the mighty beasts neck you can see a horror only heard of during bedtime stories to keep little children from being bad. What must be an ancient lich!

Actions!
"Yeah, April Fools. I like ya'all too much for such an end. ;)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by MonkeyWrench »

ROLLING FAST TALK AND PERSUASION ;)

VARRICKS GONNA SEDUCE THE LICH Dragon

Return to “Silverymoon”