Tomb of the Builders

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Tomb of the Builders

#661 Post by tooleychris »

(will wait a couple hours for Blaze to declare Thorgrim)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#662 Post by tooleychris »

Eirenaios finishes his incantation and whispers aloud "FEEL MY WRATH AND BOW BEFORE MY POWER!!!!"
almost as if the elf has taken control of it the beast obeys! It hisses and loses its feet as it rolls over as if in unbelievable pain. Its wings and tail thrashes wildly and it snaps its jaws at the air.
Recipes flood through Rukens mind and he almost laughs realizing if Clerics hood is crushed and distilled with a dram of rare earths it makes a powerful anti-venom. He already has all he needs.
Craxzus is unsure of his angle of attack. Even as he swings his sword he knows he will not find his mark but just then the beast falls showimg its belly and Craxzus sword bites deep into its flesh!
Throms war hammer sinks into its chest and he can hear the satisfying sound of ribs cracking under his might!
Tyrions ax falls almost in tandem with Throms hammer and cleaves a deep gash in the wyverns chest as well. Blood covers them both.
Thorgrim(NPC) gives a mighty dwarven battle cry and leaps to the advantage but is accidentally slapped away a buffeting wing and slides across the rocky earth on his backside.
The beast stops flailing as the elfs sling attack bounces a stone off the creatures snout.
It's breathing is labored but it is not conscious.

actions?

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#663 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Good enough it's knocked out. We don't have ta kill it yah know."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#664 Post by Tyrion »

I not be a bloodthirsty type, true enough. As long as we not be fighting this thing again.

GreyWolfVT

#665 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh well I think it'll be healin up fer a bit fer it will be wantin ta tangle wit us again anyway."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#666 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Looks over the flying bests wounds. The wounds appear to fatal, but am nohealer if you say that he will live I believe you. Shall we go check out its lair. There is sure to be treasures in there.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#667 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eienaios relaxes his magic mania after accomplishing such a feat, his mage arrogance is a bit hard to contain, "It's the rules of nature, this magnificent beast was only looking for a meal and protecting its lair, in the same way we hunt it for our own needs. I have no qualm about killing it or letting live but", he turns to the wyvern and checks its condition and if it can survive, "Hey there, need a companion through the rest of your journey in this world?"

Physik(70): [1d100] = 90

Eirenaios touches the wyvern and seems like he is starting to form a contract with it, with a couple of words he casts Animal Friend at the wounded wyvern

Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 13

He shouts to Ruken who as usual searching for something, "Hey friend! Could you tend to the wyvern's wounds? If you have any spare healing potion that would be great!"

He turns to Craxzus, "GREAT IDEA! Let's see what it collected through his wild hunts!"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#668 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm smiles "Now yer talkin me language Craxzus." referencing the treasure.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#669 Post by Rukellian »

thesniperknight1 wrote:He shouts to Ruken who as usual searching for something, "Hey friend! Could you tend to the wyvern's wounds? If you have any spare healing potion that would be great!"
"You want me to do what?!" The gnome stands up and looks at the mage with genuine confusion as he slowly approaches. "I uh... only know how to treat human-like creatures. I can understand a man's biochemistry, how it ticks, but a wyvern's... I don't know. Wait, why would I even want to anyways?" Ruken's voice is not angry, more so confused and baffled by the idea than anything else.

Even as the gnome rambles on about his doubts, his ever-curious mind starts to turn its wheels in the background. Just how much does he know about Wyvern biochemistry anyways? Can they be healed like men using elixirs, bandages?

Nature Check 41% [1d100] = 92

(Did Ruken still have some regeneration elixirs from the batch he made earlier with the troll ingredients? I remember him making multiple potions, but not sure if it was given as part of payment for buying the sulfur or if Evie had the gnome keep them.)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#670 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios stands there baffled, pointing to Ruken to not heal the injured wyvern, "hmmm.........I thought I could start a bond with this beast but.....it doesn't seem to be working.....could it be because of it's relation to dragons? Or the fact that it's unconscious? That spell was done perfectly to the last word.......hmmmm.....", he looks to Ruken, "Can you study this thing while we look for treasure? Don't treat it or anything like that but its blood may be of interest to you, I would think that this interests you far more than any treasure in there, Unless you want to join us? Don't worry, you will get your share", he laughs and pats him on the back.

He looks to the rest of the group, "Shall we see what we won?", he walks with the group to the wyvern's lair
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#671 Post by Tyrion »

I always thought birds really make the best pets, we used to have parakeets back at home. Of course most of them died from suffocating but with a little cooking they made a nice snack.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#672 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Starts walking towards the lair. Come Throm let us look for treasures in its lair.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#673 Post by tooleychris »

Who all will attempt the steep climb?
tooleychris wrote: The rock the dwarf motions to is almost 100' up the grade of the mountain and is a large outcrop. It can barely be seen through the canopy of trees you're resting under.

GreyWolfVT

#674 Post by GreyWolfVT »

The rock dwarf first naturally ;)

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#675 Post by Tyrion »

I will go with

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#676 Post by tooleychris »

Everyone climbing please supplya climb roll with current skill %.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#677 Post by Dram »

I am going with too. Already moving up the rock face.

Climb(50%)
Climb roll[1d100] = 14
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#678 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios follows along

Climb(43): [1d100] = 15

GreyWolfVT

#679 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm climbs up with the others

Climb 81% [1d100] = 37

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#680 Post by Rukellian »

Relieved that he is no longer expected to play doctor for a wyvern, the gnome eagerly begins his collection of ingredients from the creature, as long as he thinks its safe to do so. "Hrmmm, yes. The blood combined with bits of the wing, the tail barb's natural poisons... a treasure trove!"

Dex 6
Search Check 46% [1d100] = 2 Looks like Ruken spotted the choice bits that he is looking for.

My character does not know how to handle venoms and poisons specifically. Which skill or attribute would it fall back on? Going to provide a physik and alchemical procedures just in case.

Physik Check 41% [1d100] = 39
Alchemy Procedures Check 80% [1d100] = 15

He will attempt to remove the barb for poison extraction later on. If it is too large, he will attempt to siphon some of the venom and quickly contain it. After that is done, or he will gather as much blood as he can and parts of anything else he may deem useful from the wyvern.

Dodge Check 12% [1d100] = 57 Just in case...
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Silverymoon”