Tomb of the Builders

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Tomb of the Builders

#701 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios's intrigue grows bigger, a metallic machine shaped in the form of an insect. He smiles out of excitement and tries to remember in his journeys if he cam upon the prospect of such a thing or if he heard anything related to magic about it.

World Lore(45): [1d100] = 46
Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 69

He then tries to see what exactly is broken and make a lousy attempt at fixing it without the needed tools or spare parts

Evaluate(25): [1d100] = 92
Repair(35): [1d100] = 97
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#702 Post by Rukellian »

...someone will need more vials soon.
:lol: Yes, something to save my valuable BP for. I seem to go through these things quickly enough. ;)

Once the gnome secures the vials of the ingredients he is collecting, he will search the grounds nearby for common herbs and ingredients for his future works. He is not looking for anything out of the ordinary, just things he knows will be useful for at least something. Though, if he finds an interesting looking stone or rock, he will not hesitate to pick it up for closer inspection.

Search Check 46% [1d100] = 23
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#703 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Takes a close look at the Metalic bug. I've seen these bugs before. They were in the alchemists shop. I wonder if these are his. Does anyone a leather pouch or bag. I bet he would like these back. He continues searching for anything of value.

Search roll
% roll[1d100] = 6
Last edited by Dram on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#704 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios sighs, "I thought it was a new spectacle never seen before.....too bad. I don't have any bags on me but I could carry it on my out if you want", He leaves the bug and goes back to the nest poking holes in it until he finds something interesting or hidden.

Search(27): [1d100] = 91
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#705 Post by tooleychris »

Tyrion wrote:Search (66%) [1d100] = 44

Sorting thru the debris trying to collect all the valuable bits, Does anyone have a pouch to put this in?
Tyrion finds a few coins of various types of precious metals in the pile and pushes them outside the rubbish to keep looking. It's very slow going in the limited light.

thesniperknight1 wrote:Eirenaios's intrigue grows bigger, a metallic machine shaped in the form of an insect. He smiles out of excitement and tries to remember in his journeys if he cam upon the prospect of such a thing or if he heard anything related to magic about it.

World Lore(45): [1d100] = 46
Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 69

He then tries to see what exactly is broken and make a lousy attempt at fixing it without the needed tools or spare parts

Evaluate(25): [1d100] = 92
Repair(35): [1d100] = 97
Eirenaios turns the metallic insect over and over and realizes he's never seen or heard of such a contraption. He doesn't have the first clue as to how to fix it.
GreyWolfVT wrote:Throm starts to aid in the searching of the piles and what not.

Search (25%) [1d100] = 64
Throm also finds a few scattered coins of various types and pushes them out of the heap of filth. In the dim light it isn't easy seeing the difference between rubbish and what might be of value.

Dram wrote:Craxzus- Takes a close look at the Metalic bug. I've seen these bugs before. They were in the alchemists shop. I wonder if these are his. Does anyone a leather pouch or bag. I bet he would like these back. He continues searching for anything of value.

Search roll
% roll[1d100] = 6
Craxzus gets extremely lucky and sees something glimmer in the limited torch light. He finds a silver ring embedded with 4 small Alexandrite gems.

So far the coins separated are 2 gold, 3 silver, 8 bronze.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#706 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios is a bit tired of the darkness crippling their search for treasure, "This is a real waste for a grand spell but......I suppose treasure is worth it if we find any magical artifacts"

Eirenaios starts the incantation to preform Flames of The Sun
Sorcery(89): [1d100] = 57

He looks at the flaming ball with great pride, he smiles and moves the fireball closer to the ceiling to illuminate the whole cave.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#707 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm shrugs grabbing up the coins he has found "Coins worth it enough ta me."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#708 Post by tooleychris »

Eirenaios rubs his hands together and slowly seperates his palms in a ball shape. Finishing some words of power a small flame appears between his stretched fingers. He spreads his hands further and the flame grows into a flaming sphere which he sends to the ceiling, illuminating the entire cave. The sounds of wings flapping startles everyone as a swarm of bats swirl around the roof and flow in a stream out the caves mouth. The noise settles and the parties eyes adjust to having a miniature sun in the hole with them. Treasure gleams in the light.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#709 Post by tooleychris »

Fishing through the now illuminated mess you find the following items in the rubbish:

Throm finds an iron shield with silver runes etched into its outer circumference.

Eirenaios picks up a staff sling with the engraved image of a dragon entwining the shaft.

Tyrion kicks over an old cloak to discover a skeleton wearing silver guantlets with gold rune inlay.
As a group you manage to fish out 12 gems, and 125 different coins.
Will need another search roll if search continues..
edited Tyrion found guantlets. Craxzus found the ring on his search check.

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#710 Post by Tyrion »

Search (66%) [1d100] = 13

This beasty had quite a nice collection.

I continue to look around

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#711 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm takes the shield and searches some more with the others.

Search (25%) [1d100] = 91
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#712 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios searches with the others after trying to contain his excitement for the staff but he hopes to find more, he joins the others in their search but it has never been an ability of his to find hidden things

Search(27): [1d100] = 42

he then gets frustrated again but waits for everyone to finish their search first then proclaims, "Hey, could everyone please move away from the nest? I am gonna burn it, something might be hidden amongst all this.....straw and what not", he motions his two hands and moves the ball, as though he had hidden strings, to the nest to burn it then returns the ball to the ceiling.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#713 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Pockets the ring quietly and continues to search before Eiranios burns away some of debris. Are you sure you want to burn this we may lose some of the treasure.

Search check
% roll[1d100] = 42
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#714 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios ponders for a second, "thats true, there might be scrolls around.....say, do you happen to know a spell that detects magic? as you see I have my hands full at the moment and if the spell turns out with nothing, I will burn just in case there is a secret entrance or something"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#715 Post by Rukellian »

While the group plunders the wyvern's nest up above, Ruken Honeybeard plays with small pebbles of various sizes, and arranges them in such a fashion so that he can play marbles.

"My marble flicking skills are a bit rusty... that first flick hurt." He nurses his fingers and tries again, having done a warm up shot. He casually looks up and wonders just how much loot they are gathering. His curiosity burns in the back of his mind.

Luck Check 40% [1d100] = 49

Because Ruken does not have a skill in games (strangely enough...), he will make use of his innate luck in things and hopes his stone strikes the cluster just the way he wants. :D
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Tyrion
Strider
Strider

#716 Post by Tyrion »

Climb (49%)[1d100] = 69

The cave seems fairly well searched and a bit on fire, I will take my gauntlet and start back down.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#717 Post by Dram »

Craxzus- Backs away from the rubbish. I do not have that spell. Go ahead and burn it.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#718 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios commences the eradication of rubbish

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#719 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim will spot for the people climbing back down and try to guide them safely back down.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#720 Post by tooleychris »

Abandoning the search for more treasyre, Eirenaios calls to his miniature sun. The nesting material isnt dry but Eirenaios' ball of fire ignites the branches and leaves quite efficiently and the fires spread quickly filling the cave with black billowing smoke. Breathing will soon be problematic.
Thorgrim spots Tyrion making his way back down and offers aid, saving his dwarf brother from a nasty spill.

Return to “Silverymoon”