Liquid Gold (ALL PCs)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Liquid Gold (ALL PCs)

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Well there was a note that said tha walkin dead 're gonna come back if ya don't sell the house ta her." Arquebus For Hit:[1d20] = 17 Thaco=18 All Dmg:[1d10] = 10
Thinking the threat might work on the farmer but then still doubtful his ploy will work on such a simple human, Throm tries to evaluate the situation. Evaluate 51% [1d100] = 89
:roll: :(
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by tooleychris »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Throm "Well there was a note that said tha walkin dead 're gonna come back if ya don't sell the house ta her." Arquebus For Hit:[1d20] = 17 Thaco=18 All Dmg:[1d10] = 10
Thinking the threat might work on the farmer but then still doubtful his ploy will work on such a simple human, Throm tries to evaluate the situation. Evaluate 51% [1d100] = 89
:roll: :(
Evaluate is for figuring the value of an item. And...I think you may have included the wrong macro for fast talk. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Rukellian »

"...hmmm... rrrhmmmph, yes, I see. There appears to be several tell-tale signs of collagenases occuring within the epiphysis regions of the bones, the peptides having been reduced to their constituent amino acids, hydroxyapatite content entering a state of chemical degradation." Ruken scoops some nearby soil with a finger and sucks on it. After tasting it for a bit, he nods his head and brings his attention back to the skeletal remains. "The ichor seems to be a prevalent catalyst for this phenomenon, though the acidity of the soil could have contributed. If I can isolate its essence or collect a large enough sample...."

The gnome continues his ramblings, spewing what appears to be a bunch of gibberish to those uneducated in certain fields of sciences, the little gnome's focus completely transfixed on the task at hand, salvaging ingredients, for what, no one but him quite knows at this point ;)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by tooleychris »

Rancho steps out and eyes the gem, then eyes the group, and spots the gnome cutting into the corpse and nearly upchucks. "You is all flat out yer heads!" he shouts.
He snatches the gem and looks closer. "you didn't steal it, eh? " he looks back to the gnome, then t Throm and back to Evie. "Aye. This'll cover yer debt fine. We're square. "
The farmer gathers his things and turns to leave, looking back at the group once more.
"Plum outta yer heads..." He spits on the ground and walks towards Midway.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick cackles as the man leaves, ruffling Evie's hair, "Rite Riot dat was ye! Hahaha! Tim' ta be claimin ye 'ome lil' lass."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#86 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm spits back on the ground at Racho "Yer insane yer self. Takin' someone else's home, running' like a chicken when harm comes at ya."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#87 Post by thesniperknight1 »

"well, that was solved very quickly, I didnt even have to use my magic"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm "Eh the favor was on our side that man is a coward an' greedy. Numbers were on our side. Sorry never introduced me self. Throm thundergut, hopefully honored guest still. At you're service." and the dwarf bows kindly to the others.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#89 Post by thesniperknight1 »

A look of surprise showed on Eirenaios's face, "What?....you are Throm? But I thought he was...", He looks at Thorgrim, "Oh, never mind, it all worked out I suppose. I am Eirenaios Norland, I have been sent by Ambassador Orilus in Midway to aid you in any way I can"
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Rukellian »

Ruken finishes surveying the remains and nods his head in approval. The liver he found has some special properties that will aid him in his future work. Wiping his hands on his robes, he turns around and reunites with the group.

"Little missie, I'd shake hands now that I know you are the rightful owner of this place, but they are a bit... grimy at the moment. Mind if I go inside and wash up?" The gnome asks with a smile and tries to show some respect to the new previously-was-but-now-is-again owner of the place. "Oh, and the name is Ruken by the way, Ruken Honeybeard. My first calling was with bees, but now I hold a different profession; I still love them little buzzers though and the liquid gold they produce." The gnome hesitates for a moment as he contemplates something in his mind, then quickly speaks up again, not wanting to break the rhythm of his greeting. "I hope you don't mind our intrusion here. When we arrived, it was under different circumstances, I assure you."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by tooleychris »

"Glad ta hear so." says Evie to Ruken. "You didn't look like hands Rancho might be hirin, but never know." she looks to the others then her home, then the hives. "Looks like the hives need some tendin but everything else looks 'bout right. Youz right ta call it liquid gold, sir. If ol Rancho knew something 'bout bees he'd a known their worth. Pa supplied them buzzers sweet stuff ta Elizabeth Bay, Midway, Charlotte, and more dan a few farms. You good folk help'n me get back what's his, what's mine..." she sobs a bit but wipes away the tear.
"I owe ya. We're friends, you and me." she looks to Varrick and Thorgrim and kisses their hands. "You always gots a friend'ere. You could stay an help. We'll make a pile a coin with the buzzer juice. You could stay..."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick laughs and ruffles the girls hair, "Don' be writtin' us off yet ye? A'm nawt dissapearin', you 'n me? We be seein' 'chother 'gain ye. Ya ain't so far out dat A' can't be makin' any future visits ye?" He gives the young girl a wink, "An' 'sides, wit ya skill I bet ye be out 'dere wit me in'na few years, blastin critters ta 'ell 'n back, Heh"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by tooleychris »

"Oh no!" shutters Evelyn, "Almost mated ta demons, killed by big,squishy spiders, and got me soul eatin by dat black knight... no sir. I'ma farmer and dats dat." she looks sad. "Poor Malfiac, Rafio, Caltus... one a yer adventures was'nuff for dem. " she shakes her head sadly.
"No more a dat fer me, beggin yer pardon. I'm a Gonna set up a marker for'um in my fields, I am. Hurts my heart ta leave'em in dat dark hole..."
She sighs and fakes a smile. "Still, I'll be holdin Ya to yer word'bout comin fer visits. It's gettin late. Maybe I can find a bita meat and bread for we get our rest? "

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varricks cocky grin turns more solemn, now just a simply warm smile towards the girl, "A' be tinkin' dey'd like dat lil' one." He picks her up in a bridal carry before she can object and starts walking towards the house, cackling, "A' 'gree! Lettus fin' wot dat ol' basta'd 'ad stocked up ye?! Hahaha"

rest for the night then head back to midway? Or report back to elizabeth bay for new instructions? It's been so long that I've forgotten what our initial mission was, or did we just completely side track ourselves with that cave?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by Rukellian »

As Ruken returns to the room he rented for the night, he remembers the girl's claim to the farm and looks around in dismay. "I might very well be in the lil' girl's room, or her ma or pa's... I shouldn't be here. Paid or not, it was under a different person, a rotten man at that." The gnome's uneasiness increases as he sees the food that he and Throm ate, the little girl's food... With a sick feeling growing in his gut, any signs of sleepiness he may have had quickly vanishes as he makes haste in packing up his instruments and belongings.

As the gnome finishes up his packing and washes his hands, he exits the room and prepares to leave, without Throm if need be. He is stopped by the sound of a door being kicked open, the young man he met just a few moments ago walking in with the girl in his arms. It was sudden and very unexpected. The young man was laughing, and the girl embarassed but not at all looking upset.
"You always gots a friend'ere. You could stay an help. We'll make a pile a coin with the buzzer juice. You could stay..."
The girl's words echoed softly in the gnome's head. Even though they were not directed towards him, he heard them well enough and it made him worried. The girl was truly living by herself, and it didn't look like any one of the newcomers would stay.

"But you can't!" Ruken was surprised to hear the sudden outburst. It took him a moment to realize that the shout came out of his own mouth, that he was speaking his mind unintentionally. The shock quickly dissipates though as the young gnome straightens himself back up again and starts to speak more firmly. "You can't stay here by yourself little lady. Who knows when those shambling bones will come back to get you or your animals at night. A-and don't forget about the other people on this big whole island! There are plenty of bad people out there like the last man we drove away, that will try to take the farm again, by force even! It simply isn't safe to run a farm alone. I-I can't leave you here knowing this... not when I know you aren't safe. Little girl? Am I makin' any sense in what I'm sayin'?"

The gnome feels confused, torn between what he should do and what he wants to do. This isn't the first time he wanted to help someone so strongly, but then again, he has a mission to attend to, something bound by contract that needd to be completed. Ruken thinks he also has a personal stake in this. He has knowledge of bee keeping and he knows he can use it to help the girl run the bee farm. If he were to stay... but then what about his new profession? "There must be some middle ground here... something that could work for everyone... but what?" he mutters to himself out loud, now staring at the floorboards in heavy thinking. The gnome's brows are now all scrunched up in concentration and he folds his arms and tilts his head to one side, sighing as he rolls his head back and forth between his shoulders.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick continues to hold the girl, looking over the gnome and then looking at Evie, "Ye culd alway' jus' 'ire sum mor' peple ye? Gon' need extra worker's n' all dat." He shrugs and waits for Evie's response.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by tooleychris »

Evie giggles and pushes out of Varricks arms.
"I had me hopes but I was knowin ya'all wouldn't be tied down ta farmin. When we was in Midway I made plans fer help ta join me presently. I aint makin the same mistakes Pa made and bein all stingy. I'll have four or five good farm hands soon and even some militia ta check on us every other day or so. Glad for it to if'n I gotta worry 'bout them walkin dead. I'd still feel better knowin they wouldn't come back, but I spose a fence might keep'em out. Think?'
She opens some pantries and begins pulling food stuff out.
She sniffs a pot on the stove. "Looks like Rancho was nice 'nuff ta make us some soup from chicken bones. I'll have us a proper meal in no time."

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#99 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios stands there awkwardly as he listens to warm goodbyes between people he hardly knows

GreyWolfVT

#100 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm while everyone else is talking he tries to keep up and just gives up on understanding the odd one Varrick "Well pardon me but if I am still welcome I'd like ta get back ta my nap." the dwarf bows kindly and heads back to the guest house to rest some more still tired from the travel earlier and now the recent combat.

Return to “Silverymoon”