Liquid Gold (ALL PCs)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Liquid Gold (ALL PCs)

#121 Post by tooleychris »

"Oh, my help ain't due till mid day." Evie waves off Ruken. "I ain't worried. A lot a young boys needin work. They'll show."
Evelyn whistles as Varrick empties the bag. "That be a lot of pretties, for true. How much'll that bag hold?" She runs her hands through the gems more playful than greedily. She picks up the sceptre and hold it like a queen might against her breast, then taps Thorgrim on the shoulders with it. "I dub thee Sir Thorgrim. Rise a knight! " she laughs and looks at the loot again, placing the sceptre on the table.
"I gots an idea." she says, wiping her hands and letting the elf finish clean up.
"I got two or three extra hive boxes in ma barn. You could store your treasure in dat. Put it out with the other hives. No one gonna go near THAT. " she laughs.
"Might as well be a dragon guardin it! That way if you find more goodies out west you gots room. You'll be comin this way ta get back ta Midway anyway....gives Ya a good excuse ta stop by so as I know yous all OK. "

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#122 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios smiles as he puts away more dishes, "I was instructed to help you. Wherever you go I am there my friend, I will be there with a spell and a smile on my mouth. So we are visiting a shrine in the western forest? Sounds interesting, ancient magic must is aleways hidden in such places, I am looking forward to it", he hears Evie's suggestion, "this might not be any of my business but that's a great idea, I have met plenty of people in my life but she is one of the most pure and honest I have ever met", he doesnt pay any attention to the gems in front of him, as if he doesn't care about coins and riches at all until he noticed the grimoire, his eyes light up.

His right hand begins to shake, though he is hiding it, his excitement was very visible on his face for half a second before he restrained himself and hide his eagerness. He tried to look away to fake not caring but soon after he spoke, "Sorry, I know that I have no right to ask you for anything you have acquired so far, after all, I didn't help you in any way to deserve any of it but", he swallowed, "If you can please give me the grimoire, I would be most thankful", his voice stank of desperation, "If you want I can buy it, name your price, I don't have much on me at the moment but I can pay you with whatever we get in our next adventure, ANYTHING", he caught himself and tried to tone it down a bit, "Oh, sorry, I am just a bit curious that's all", he laughed awkwardly.
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by tooleychris »

Fast Talk skill roll FAIL. LOL. This Poor attempt at bluffing probably makes Varricks insides knot up. :)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#124 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm Thundergut the dwarf waves off the gnome "Eh Ruke I don't care bout them shinies. I ain t here ta make a fortune. I'm just here ta help however I can." looking at the folks gathered in the house he smiles "Gald ta see you keep good company though." he says seeing another dwarf in the mix.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#125 Post by tooleychris »

THorgrims Status [1d100] = 63
Throm doesn't recognize Thorgrim

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Sorry all, was sick yesterday... or rather, I'm still sick...

Varrick looks over the treasure, laughing along with Evie and then listening to the others. He looks down to the grimoire, "A'm sorry ta say but firs' dibs be goin' ta lil miss 'ere." He hands the large book over to Evie's side of the table, "Ya got plenta o' magic 'bout ye. Lookin' ta use dat? I'm sur' dat our frend would wan't ye te 'ave it. If ye don' I dun see no reason to not let da elf 'ave it ye?"

He starts piling the gems up, setting smaller and likewise things with each other, "A' take ye up on dat offa, we ain' goin' ta te city rit' now and A' trus' ye. Sides, ye rit' It is a good excus' ta see ye lil self agin" Varrick gives Evie a playful wink.

And yeah, you can't bullshit and bullshitter and Varrick is one of the best.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

GreyWolfVT

#127 Post by GreyWolfVT »

that's really making little sense a dwarf does not recognize a fellow dwarf. I doubt that seriously.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by tooleychris »

GreyWolfVT wrote:that's really making little sense a dwarf does not recognize a fellow dwarf. I doubt that seriously.
You recognize him AS a dwarf, of course. But not his family name which has status. :D

GreyWolfVT

#129 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I wasn't trying to recognise his family name or clan name just was pleased to see a fellow dwarf. :shock:

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by tooleychris »

GreyWolfVT wrote:I wasn't trying to recognise his family name or clan name just was pleased to see a fellow dwarf. :shock:
That's why I didn't ask YOU for a roll. ;) Any dwarf has a 30% chance to recognize Thorgrim. When Throm saw him, I made the roll to see if Throm knew Throgrim. He did not.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#131 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios continues to laugh awkwardly as he answers Varrick, "O-of course, I am not claiming it as my own at all, obviously I have no right to it, I am simply presenting myself as a simple buyer", he looks over to Evie and tries to steady himself, "So missy, what do you say? Name your price, Anything at all, I will be indebted to you and you will have all the riches I acquire until the debt is fulfilled", he reached his hand out for a handshake.

Damn it, Varrick just took that grimoire when I was so close :lol: But Eirenaios was actually sincere in his offer, no bullshitting
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by tooleychris »

Evelyn flips open the tome and scrinches her nose in confusion.
"I gots trouble with me own letters, more so with the elf words of poor Caltus... don't imagine this'd be much use fer a farm girl..." she turns some pages. "If'n the group wants me ta have it, I'll give it up to one who can reads it. Maybe you just bring me some pretty piece a jewelry when you see me next, Eh? I could use some prettyin up." she laughs. "I really fancy dat sceptre der but if I had such baubles as dat layin 'round, someone be wantin ta steal it. Not practical. For my part, just some pretty little thing I can wear under me dress. A shiney necklace or some such." she closes the book and slides it toward the elf.

GreyWolfVT

#133 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Throm Thundergut "Eh ya can all keep the treasure. I only look for a better weapon and armor. Riches mean little to me aside from provisions." the dwarf chimes in.

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#134 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Eirenaios's eyes widen, he holds the grimoire within his shaken hands and can't help but smile. He looks at Evie with genuine eyes, "Thank you, I will never forget this as long as I live, you are truly a nice person at heart, I am indebted to you", he puts his fist on his chest and stands proudly, "I swear to bring you the most glorious of gems, a gem that rivals the sun in it's sparkle. Mark my words young miss, I will honor this promise even if it kills me", he gives her a quick smile and says, "Excuse me".

He moves to the closest quiet room, closes the door and with great glee and a bit of a hysteric laugh he opens the grimoire and checks the content.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick gives Evie a knowing smile, "Ye kno' ya jus' too good 'a person ye?" After getting everything bundled up he goes to find the bee keeping boxes to store everything in.

What time of day is it? Those farmhands were supposed to be here at noon right?
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#136 Post by Rukellian »

The gnome beams at Varrick, the young man before him, as talks of visiting the shrine are now going underway. Ruken certainly did not want to back there with just Throm, no offense to the dwarf of course. "It sounds like the lot of you do not want the pretty shinies, save Varrick and myself." Ruken looks up to speak to the young man directly now. "Perhaps, I could strike a deal with you as well. I could use some of those gemstones for my work, and being an excellent gem-cutter, I could make them even more valuable if the chance arises. But just like what the... uh, what was his name, ah nevermind, not important. Let's just call him the Mage! Just like what the mage said, I do not want to ask for something I did not earn. If I were to say... mix up a special potion for yah, would that be good trade you think?"

If Varrick leaves the room before Ruken proposes the idea, he will follow him to the barn to speak there.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick thinks for a moment, "Wot Kin' 'a pots' can ye be makin'?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by tooleychris »

thesniperknight1
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#139 Post by thesniperknight1 »

Damn, now I am really hungry :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Varrick thinks for a moment, "Wot Kin' 'a pots' can ye be makin'?"
"Why, given the right materials, I can whip up many kinds of potions for yah. A special somethin's that can erase wrinkles and blemishes of the skin, a drink that can make you vanish from sight, even one that can cure all sorts of nasty diseases... most of the time." The gnome ends with a wink. "I can even make potions that can close wounds and heal like any other priest's magical touch. In fact, if you were to let me tag along with you all after everything is said and done, I could procure even more ingredients and make potions for you all, free o' charge of course. Whaddya' say? The possibilities in what I could mix up could be endless..."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Return to “Silverymoon”