It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:02 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
Thorgrim can only resist the temptation so long..."Well...I'll throw in to split a share with Varrick and Ruken. All I have to offer in return is my services but as I said before, if you need a strong arm and a stout axe, I'll be here." He pauses, "A weapon can only take you so far and I can't swing this axe forever. Gotta put something away for a rainy day, eh?!" Thorgrim turns to Evie, "That hive idea of yours is brilliant. If you don't mind I'll take you up on that and stash my share in one."

Thorgrim runs a practiced eye over the pile of gems to try and get a quick estimate of how much they're worth and how much Ruken could increase their worth by.
Evaluate (22%): [1d100] = 24

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:11 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Thorgrim eyes the gems quickly and determines Only a couple, like the Blue Spinet and Blue Sapphire, are uncommon. None of them are particularly rare. But there is enough value here to supercede what you make in salary easily.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Eirenaios returns to the dining room with quite a happy smile, as if he a little boy seeing candy for the first time, "So gentlemen, when do we leave? I am in the mood for some adventuring, and shrines are the best places for such things", he looks at the undistributed gems, "Oh, still haven't split the reward? I suppose you should settle it before we leave", he sits in an empty chair and whistles a merry tone.

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm Thundergut the proud dwarf proclaims while slapping his fist into his chest "I offer me strong arms, me hammer and me axe in service to ya."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The group separates their loot and stores it in the spare bee boxes, which are placed out among the other active hives.
Mid day rolls along and three young men come calling on Evie for work.
Two that she asked for and an extra. One of the boys friends needing work. Evie knows one of them personally and is content.
She settles them into the barn, which has a loft with a living area, and makes up a lunch for your group to take on the road.
Hugs and warm goodbyes are exchanged with promises of seeing each other again.
A final look over your shoulders shows the respectful young men being given assignment by a happy evie.

There are two roads ahead of you. One leads to Midway. The other to the west forest toward the shrine.

Image

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "Well tha shrine's were them walkin dead came from do we wanna go there or ta midway?"

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Eirenaios talks in a cherry tone, "To the shrine, to adventure, to take life into your own hands and plunder.....Am I rhyming all of a sudden, I wonder."

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:06 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
Thorgrim fondles his axe and pipes up, "Let's head to the shrine. We need to make sure that there's no more undead, or anything worse, that could harm Evie."

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Rukellian wrote:
MonkeyWrench wrote:
Varrick thinks for a moment, "Wot Kin' 'a pots' can ye be makin'?"

"Why, given the right materials, I can whip up many kinds of potions for yah. A special somethin's that can erase wrinkles and blemishes of the skin, a drink that can make you vanish from sight, even one that can cure all sorts of nasty diseases... most of the time." The gnome ends with a wink. "I can even make potions that can close wounds and heal like any other priest's magical touch. In fact, if you were to let me tag along with you all after everything is said and done, I could procure even more ingredients and make potions for you all, free o' charge of course. Whaddya' say? The possibilities in what I could mix up could be endless..."

Varrick thinks for a moment, rolling his eyes briefly with a grin at the supposed hint that he may contract some form of disease. "A' Don' see an' 'arm init. You can join up wit us an' mix up ye pots n' salv's. In return, som 'a dem gems is yers."

Varrick walks back and sets up the beekeeper boxes out in the area to store the stuff.

alright so, looks like everyone is getting some kind of cut into the stuff because none of us are greedy apparently! Subtracting the book that was taken now and whatever stuff Varrick and Thorgrim grab I say put it all into the box and when we return to town on the return trip we can just sell everything and split the cash between Thorgrim and Varrick, minus whatever smaller gems that Ruken takes. Sound good Blazeguard?

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:00 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Varrick heads off towards the shrine, "A' 'gree, bett'a ta finis' te group ot'ta miss'on 'fore 'eadin back, ye? If'n we kill an'more dead'eads we als'a be keepin' te lil' one safe, ye?"

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1419
Location: The New World
Eirenaios smiles at the dwarf, "I agree with everything Varrick said....blindly, but I agree nonetheless"

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
MonkeyWrench wrote:
alright so, looks like everyone is getting some kind of cut into the stuff because none of us are greedy apparently! Subtracting the book that was taken now and whatever stuff Varrick and Thorgrim grab I say put it all into the box and when we return to town on the return trip we can just sell everything and split the cash between Thorgrim and Varrick, minus whatever smaller gems that Ruken takes. Sound good Blazeguard?

Yep, sounds good to me.

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:54 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "I agree with my kin here. Best make sure the lady an her farm are safe afore goin elsewhere."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
When the loot is split, of the gems listed, Ruken will be most interested in these:

Bloodstone Estimated Value: 8 BP
Onyx Estimated Value: 8 BP
Bloodstone Estimated Value: 7 BP
Bloodstone Estimated Value: 7 BP
Silver Pearl Estimated Value: 70 BP
Banded Agate Estimated Value: 12 BP
Freshwater (Irregular) Pearl Estimated Value: 10 BP
Violet Garnet Estimated Value: 700 BP
Tiger Eye Turquoise Estimated Value: 13 BP
Moss Agate Estimated Value: 17 BP
Eye Agate Estimated Value: 17 BP
Tiger Eye Turquoise Estimated Value: 16 BP
Malachite Estimated Value: 12 BP

And will be willing to cut any others to improve BP value

While on the road to the western forest, Ruken will keep a lookout for the following ingredients for his future experiments:
Attachment:
alchemy ingredients Forest.JPG
alchemy ingredients Forest.JPG [ 58.2 KiB | Viewed 183 times ]


I will provide a spot check for each post when in the forest ;)

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3557
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Ruken can make Nature skill rolls once an hour of actively searching for herbs. I may make Search rolls for him ooccasionally to see if he accidentally spots something.

Moving action here:
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=4057&p=171803#p171803

But will probably use this thread whenever/if you visit Evie.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group