Temple of the Serpant Altar

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Temple of the Serpant Altar

#141 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick waits for Caltus and Evie to descend down the wall, as they are doing that and if he is not needed for anything he will take a look at the walls and the stairs, take a couple steps up to see what he can see from the bottom, how far they go for, if there is any light.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#142 Post by tooleychris »

As Varrick climbs the stairs, many insects crawl over the worn smooth stone. He sweeps away a mess of webbing covering the corridor and sees that it ends less than a dozen steps up, and turns to the left, where his torch glimmers off of reflective metal strewn about the floor, further off.
Right in front of him, however, is a strange symbol painted on the stair landing. It seems to shimmer in the torch light.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#143 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick carefully approaches the symbol, keeping his eyes open for any traps, he will walk near the symbol but not touch it, using his torch to get a better look he will inspect it and the surrounding area.

Spot (34.5)*+15 for 1/day for 1hour*: [1d100] = 2

Does the symbol glimmer or seem to be magical other than it being a... symbol? Based off of the picture I see some other things strewn about as well.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#144 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac DEX 10

After the checking the surrounding area, and confirming that all is clear at the moment, Malfiac will head back over to the wall and see if he can help Evie down, and perhaps Caltus too if he wants help as well. "I don't see any visibly safe ways down. If you're going to jump, I could try and catch you or at least break your fall..." He will then extend his arms, gesturing his readiness in catching someone.

(Let me know if catching something requires a specific skill or attribute roll on my end; I was thinking it might be an agility roll, but wasn't entirely sure, so here is me asking.)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#145 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Spider Den***
[1d100] = 94 physic
If allowed to use the free reroll, I think using dark/light magic allegiance points---rerolled [1d100] = 5 physik

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by tooleychris »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Varrick carefully approaches the symbol, keeping his eyes open for any traps, he will walk near the symbol but not touch it, using his torch to get a better look he will inspect it and the surrounding area.

Spot (34.5)*+15 for 1/day for 1hour*: [1d100] = 2

Does the symbol glimmer or seem to be magical other than it being a... symbol? Based off of the picture I see some other things strewn about as well.
The symbols are not something Varrick understands. They don't glow so much as reflect your torch light in a purple color, as if a thousand purple gems were crushed into the ink. However, the symbol appears to overlap a pool of green water, as if floating just above it. Peculiar for sure. Past the symbol and the pool is a raised dias that has what looks like a stone table surrounded by rotting bags and spilled coins. It's hard to make much out at this range and around a corner.

Rukellian wrote:Malfiac DEX 10

After the checking the surrounding area, and confirming that all is clear at the moment, Malfiac will head back over to the wall and see if he can help Evie down, and perhaps Caltus too if he wants help as well. "I don't see any visibly safe ways down. If you're going to jump, I could try and catch you or at least break your fall..." He will then extend his arms, gesturing his readiness in catching someone.

(Let me know if catching something requires a specific skill or attribute roll on my end; I was thinking it might be an agility roll, but wasn't entirely sure, so here is me asking.)
Malfiac reaches for Evie who appears unsure.
"You sure? I'm kinda....ya know..." she says jiggling her belly flab through her dress.

Rafo carefully digs through where the spiders ass used to be and accidentally slices it's web producing sac which splurts all over him. The sticky substance is all over him, but hasn't yet congealed into solid webbing. The poison glands remain untouched.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#147 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Spider Den***

"Blaa, nasty stuff!" Rafo, wipes off the goo that is on him; spitting on the floor he continues to go for the spider's glands.
He can use his survival skills to better his odds of gathering the glands? He played with spiders as a child and Rafo never really grew up)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick sees the stone dias, his curiosity getting the better of him and he carefully walks around the corner, making sure not to step on the symbol as he makes his way forward, he makes sure to look for any traps or danger. When he gets to the dias he will inspect it and the different things littering the floor around it.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#149 Post by tooleychris »

MrHemlocks wrote:***Rafo, Spider Den***

"Blaa, nasty stuff!" Rafo, wipes off the goo that is on him; spitting on the floor he continues to go for the spider's glands.
He can use his survival skills to better his odds of gathering the glands? He played with spiders as a child and Rafo never really grew up)
tell ya what I'll do. Since you've got the web sack out of the way :lol: :lol: , I'll let you make an idea roll to figure out the rest of the guts.

Varrick sees no way to avoid the symbol. If it wasn't on a corner, and he had running room, he might jump it and into the water, but that's not the case.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac DEX 10
Malfiac reaches for Evie who appears unsure.
"You sure? I'm kinda....ya know..." she says jiggling her belly flab through her dress.
The man nods his head in assurance, letting Evie know that he is ready. He tries not to laugh and just keeps it a smile.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#151 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

"Have any of you some rope? I can tie it off up here and Evie and I can climb down."
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by tooleychris »

A sticky mess

overhead map updated

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#153 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Spider Den***

Digging into the belly of the spider, Rafo tosses out unwanted organs till he finds what he is looking for. "Ha! Found those glands!"
Idea(35%)
idea roll [1d100] = 2
Now give him those glands! :mrgreen:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#154 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Seeing no way to get around the symbol Varrick has a moment of internal conflict, does he throw caution to the wind and just go in? Or does he see if the others may be able to tell what it is... He decides to do both.

Varrick takes a few steps back, away from the symbol, and tosses something in it, if he cannot find a rock or something then he will use one of his torches.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#155 Post by tooleychris »

Rafo digs around for a few minutes and gets an idea. He follows the rubbery tubing from the spiders sting to a sac deep within. Trying to ignore the solidifying web stuff coating his beard and chest, he carefully cuts the muscles and sinew that hold the sac in place and removes it, tying off the tube so it doesn't leak.
The sac is fairly full of liquid.

There is plenty of rubble along the chamber floor and stairs, but Varrick finds the brick Rafo used earlier to bait the giant spider, and tosses it onto the circular symbol before him. The brick clanks against the floor and tumbles into the pool beyond, causing no more than the rest of the party to look to what caused the noise.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac DEX 10
Tomcat42 wrote:Caltus the mage

"Have any of you some rope? I can tie it off up here and Evie and I can climb down."
He nods his head as he produces some rope from his sack. "I suppose that will work too. Here!" Malfiac then tosses the rope up, hoping that either Caltus or Evie can catch it.

Throwing Something.... 51% [1d100] = 78Huh, how embarrassing... :oops: :lol:

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#157 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim heads up the stairs, "Eh Varrick, whatcha doin'? Playin' hopscotch or looking for traps?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#158 Post by tooleychris »

Evie catches the poorly thrown rope and nearly tumbles over the edge, but Caltus steadies her. She hands him the rope to tie off.
"I ain't so good wit knots n such." she says.
She climbs down into Malfiacs waiting arms.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#159 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

Calltus secures the rope to any steady anchor at the top of the wall and gestures for Evie to climb down. He looks at his newfound pet, the enormous wet rat "Well we'll see if we can catch you below." he says to himself.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#160 Post by tooleychris »

The rat scurries down the wall easily enough. It's weight finally pulling it off the bricks a couple feet above the ground. It looks up at Caltus lovingly.
"Dis be the elfs new pet. " says Evie, excited. "All he did was pet it and poof! Deys buddies!"

Return to “Silverymoon”