Temple of the Serpant Altar

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Temple of the Serpant Altar

#161 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac DEX 10

"Right.... if its all the same to you guys, I will keep my distance from the animal. I'm not sure how long that friendship of theirs will last to be honest." After everyone is safely down the wall, he will untie the rope, or attempt to for that matter, and place it back into his bag of holding. Let me know if there are any associated rolls for this action, strength checks or skill use, stuff like that.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#162 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

Caltus will ascend the steps, see the symbol on the floor and search his memory for any knowledge concerning a circle of such construct.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by tooleychris »

Malfiac goes to remove the rope and it occurs to him that it may be their only way back up.
Malfiac Idea roll [1d100] = 1

While Caltus can't make out the exact order of the symbols because some are very strange, he does make out "spirit, eternity, dire, and a symbol used for calling demons. Or perhaps it's devils...or spirits. "
In any case he knows it to be magical and possibly a summoning circle.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As Thorgrim comes up the steps Varrick calls out to him, "Oy, be car'ful yeh? Dun' Wanna step on dis thang witout kno'in wot it does."

As Caltus Ascends the steps and looks at the inscription, "Wot yeh be readin eh? We be seein' 'a trap a' magic er sumthin yeh?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac DEX 10

Malfiac realizes that the rope could be their only way back up. He leaves it be, grateful that the idea just came to mind. ;) He joins the others who are currently observing the magical circle on the ground. He takes a step back as he realizes what everyone is looking at. He is wary of magic and does not want to be too close if the thing explodes on him. From behind the group, he will look around to see if he can spot anything of interest, perform a listen check as well. And since he is just standing around at this point, he will also update his now slightly more accurate map.

Spot Check 5% [1d100] = 24
Listen Check 30% [1d100] = 75
Mapping Skill Check 31% [1d100] = 57
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#166 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

"The circle is used to summon evil from other planes of existence." Caltus says to the group "I'm not familiar with any type of circle constructed as a trap, only as a gateway needing the energy and skill of the summoner to power it."

"Hold here for a moment." he says and then gestures for his new pet to walk to the other side of the circle. "Go, and I will follow."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by tooleychris »

As the rat obediently follows the simple instructions, the circle pulses to life! Gaining an ambience of it's own as the purple ink radiates, illuminating the chamber. Treasure flickers in the light on the far side, and what appeared before as a stone table is revealed to be a burial vault. An energy seems to float from the glyphs, coalescing at the ceiling in a swirling ball, then shoots across the water and into the sarcophagus.
All is quiet as the party collectively holds its breath. The rat scurries back to hide under Caltus cape and a grinding sound comes from the coffin as the lid is pushed aside.
All at once, a large form in plate armor rises and a wicked sword is unsheathed!
The dark knight turns to the party. Two evil red pins of light show beneath black helm.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac DEX 10

Malfiac's eyes widen in surprise as he sees the figure clad in dark armor rise from the sarcophagus. He manages to say out loud to know one in particular, "I knew that circle on the ground was bad news.... and that sword looks pretty dangerous too!" He will pull out his jagged bone dagger and ready it in a defensive position (You made the parry skill percentage separate from the weapon attack one, correct? How do I calculate parry again?), not quite wanting to charge the opponent. He will wait and see what the armored figure does.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by tooleychris »

nah, parry is currently equal to weapon skill

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#170 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim tightens his grip on his battle axe and mutters to himself, "This ain't boding well".

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#171 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo Inside Spider Den***

No sooner did Rafo clean off the spider gunk from his beard did he see the dark armored figure rise up from above his position. "Damn Varrick, now what did you do?" Rafo, decides not to walk up the steps and confront the knight, but instead calls out to Evie. "Darn it girl blast that thing!"
Rafo can not help himself from wondering if the girl is not screwed up in the head. He likes her but she seem like a simpleton, to him, and will cause the party undo hardship by going out of their way to guard her the way they do.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick's eyes widen as the figure comes alive, wielding a sword. He quickly steps to the side of the group, he watches the armored figure and if it does not charge towards them then he will try to do what he does best.

If the figure stands still then Varrick will don a calm and confident attitude about himself and take a step forward, "Wot be yeh? We 'ave summond yeh 'ere, now speak."

If the figure charges towards them then Varrick will retreat several paces back with his knife drawn so that he can let the more melee oriented members of the group hold it's attention while he does a flanking maneuver.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#173 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

Caltus glances behind him and makes sure he has a clear path down the stairs to the previous room. "I suggest we fall back to the room below to give ourselves more room to deal with this creature." he whispers to the rest of the group.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Forgot to add my rolls for talking to the thing if it didnt attack us.
Fast Talk (67) [1d100] = 60
Persuade (41) [1d100] = 6

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#175 Post by tooleychris »

The black plated spectre, floats more than walks, across the pool, and to the magic circle. Here is seems to pause staring down. It goes around the center of the circle, crosses, and stands before you.
Caltus, Varrick, and Thorgrim all notice a large gem remaining on the floor beneath the circle. 3 difficult spot checks! :)
A sinister voice reverberates through the armor and sounds like a whisper on the wind:
"Ashka saluun trasik veriloon."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#176 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick says in a low tone, "Yeh go't anae 'dea wot 'es sayin?" His words are directed at Caltus mostly.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#177 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo In the Spider Den***

Not liking the dark knight one bit and those nasty red eyes sending radiating chills through him, Rafo backs away and will let Varrick talk his way out of this one. This time he refuses to be anyone's cannon fodder. ;)

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#178 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim wracks his brain to see if he recognizes the language or gets any sense of what the knight is saying.
Streetwise Knowledge (61%): [1d100] = 85
Political Knowledge (28%): [1d100] = 62
(Not even sure if either of those is applicable here but I figured it was worth a shot.)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by tooleychris »

will wait and see if caltus acts.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#180 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

If Caltus does not recognize the language
Spell-check (Know. Arcana, 71): [1d100] = 85

and it appears that he wouldn't, this time, if it's magical in nature
he whispers "I do not know this language. I would guess it to be a greeting couched in a challenge. We should repair to the room below."

Return to “Silverymoon”