"Aye!" Caltus responds as he moves toward Varrick "How can I assist you?"
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Assignment One: Bug Hunt

#242 Post by MonkeyWrench »

In a hushed tone Varrick says to caltus, "As a' was wrappin 'er up a' noticed dis" He moves the wrapping to reveal the bloodgem amulet wrapped around her neck, "What ya make of it eh?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#243 Post by MrHemlocks »

"Rafo, Listening Near Bridge***

Seeing the mage and Varrick speak in hushed tones, Rafo stretches out his neck and tries to hear what is being said? Muttering to himself,"secrets you say? Well, well now what you be hiding in the hushed words mates?"
Listens and spot checks:

listen(30), rolled [1d100] = 100
spot(30), rolled [1d100] = 28

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by MonkeyWrench »

lol, you see us but cannot hear us it seems
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by tooleychris »

just VArrick spreading more vile anti-dwarf propaganda :)

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#246 Post by MrHemlocks »

tooleychris wrote:just VArrick spreading more vile anti-dwarf propaganda :)
That is ok. For what Rafo could of added was information that would of explained many important game elements. But I will not meta game and Rafo does not know what they are talking about. Lol...your misfortune!
Seeing Varrick, with the resting girl so close to him, causes Rafo to gag and spit out some distasteful phlegm. "I wonders how long before that pervert tries to have sex with the poor she beast."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#247 Post by Blazeguard »

Having plugged the hole in the bowl (he thinks), Thorgrim moves over to assist Varrack with the girl. "Do ye think she'll be alright? Mighty strange, her bein' all paralyzed and stuck in the bowl like that. Mighty strange. Well, let's get her outta here before anyone else shows up."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick says to thorgrim in the same hushed tone as Caltus examines the piece of jewelry around the girls neck, "'ait jus' a minnut yeh? Let Ol' Caltus 'ere see dis thang propa, cud be wot is ailin dis girl yeh?"

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#249 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

"The Hag also wore one of these necklaces." Caltus says "The woman's paralysis persists. I say we take the necklace off and see if it cancels the effect on her." he continues "If it does, then she may walk under her own power and lessen your load.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks down at the girl, "'ell a' ain't bout ta question ya werd now yeh? et's see wot 'appens." Varrick then takes some cloth that he had been using to wrap the girl in and pinches the bloodstone in it, using the cloth as some form of protection he then begins to lift the stone and remove it from the girl.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by tooleychris »

Almost as soon as it is removed, the girl sits up gasping for air as if she was drowning.
A fit of coughing seizes her and she shakes violently in Varricks arms. Her eyes go wide as she stares back and forth between those watching. Terror is evident in her eyes as she gasps for air.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick takes the wraps and puts them around her, "Jus' 'ake it easy yeh? Breeth in an' breeth out, It'll be a'right yeh? Varrick then hands the bloodgem over to Caltus, "'Neva was much good wit magic items, 'ere ya go wit da matchin set yeh? Letta see wot ya can tell from it eh?

Throwing Fast talk in there again to show myself as a friend and non-threatening, due to her terrified state it kind of matches my almost fail lol.
Fast Talk (67) [1d100] = 64

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac DEX 10

In his boredom Malfiac starts to trace a map out in the dirt, practicing his mapping skills. He will listen for any signs of his traveling group's return or from the other unexplored corridor.

Mapping 32% Mapping Check [1d100] = 71

Listen 30% Listen Check [1d100] = 88
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As Malfiac continues to map in the dirt of the cavern he has just explored he can't help but wonder where the underground city came from... :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Rukellian »

MonkeyWrench wrote:As Malfiac continues to map in the dirt of the cavern he has just explored he can't help but wonder where the underground city came from... :lol:
Right?! :lol:
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#256 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, In The Cave Near Bridge***

"Go ahead and lead Varrick." Rafo, steps aside letting the rest of the party do their 'thing' and when ready to move onward he takes the rear position.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by tooleychris »

The girl calms down after Varricks soothing words. She takes in the scene and finally speaks:
"They be....gone...dead, mista?"

She smiles a bit at his reply.
"Tanks be ta da gods!"
She manages to get on her feet and attempt to straighten out her wrinkled dress.

"Dey were so...bad..." she continues, looking around as if they might reappear.
"Dey was gonna...dey...SHE wanted her young'uns ta have childrens wit me..."
She starts to cry, remembering what must have been a horrible experience, and buries her face in Varricks chest. He tries to sooth her and she finally calms again.
"Tanks be ta da gods..."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick continues to sooth the young girl, letting her calm down before speaking. "A' Dun'na 'bout da gods 'avin any werk 'ere, ya shud be' thankin ya own strenth yeh? 'oldin out fer as long as ya did." He looks to the rest of the companions, "Tha ruin ain't goin' no'wher, lettus take 'er back to da town an git 'er situated befo' 'eadin out agin, yeh?" He looks back to the girl, looking her in the eye with a soothing look to his face, "Wots yer name eh? Ya 'able ta move on frum dis place, yeh?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by tooleychris »

"I'll bloody well walk outta here, beggin yet pardon, sir."
She looks to the elf and continues:
"An I ain't fer town neither. Ain't safe fer me...I could maybe stays wit yous... I can'elp some. Better still, sir, if'n yous'll have me, I can maybe make ya rich fer yer kindness.."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#260 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick eyes the girl, "'whered ya come frum den eh lass? An' wot 'bout dis riches ya beh speekin ov?"

Return to “Silverymoon”