It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Assignment One: Bug Hunt
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The party enters Elizabeth Bays Town Hall and are escorted to Angelas office.
Cassavir, Elizabeth Bays general, meets you at the door with no more than a nod.

Image

The room is richly decorated, but a table to the right of Angelas desk catches your attention as it is stacked with various gold ornaments, statuary, and relics.
Angela is seated at her desk and asks for your papers without looking up from her map and scroll.
One by one you are registered, she hands your papers back and says "Please endeavor not to lose these."
She organizes her desk a bit then looks up.
"This is where we are. " she says pointing to her map, a small circle entitled Elizabeth Bay on the southern end of the map, near the ocean.

Image

Her finger traces an obvious dirt road to the north until she stops at the drawing of a building, just past a bridge.
"This is a fortified and protected building known as the Midway Inn. I have a trusted officer here named Orilus Penstack. You may report to him as you would me, at any time. Further north," she says pointing her finger along the road again, "Is the bordertown of Charlotte. My officer here is Seren Filsworth. You may also report to him. Either of these have authority to judge your productivity and pay your salary."
Her finger backtracks down the road to the Midway Inn and then to the east to a marking titled "Ancient Ruin"
"This," she continues ,"Is where Varrick tells me is a previously unexplored ruin. This is fairly close to the inn. Perhaps a 2 day journey by the reports of my scouts, so I'm uncertain how it was missed on previous assignments, but, as I said, my scouts have verified. "
She stands and paces a bit.
"Varrick also informed me that it is over run by some form of large insects. Enough to cause him an his previously assigned party to flee. You are advised caution. I also want a 10 mile radius around this ruin re-mapped, as it obviously wasn't properly done 6 months ago.
She sits back down at her desk.

Image

"I'm assuming this should take roughly 2 months, including clearing the ruin, but as always, as long as you are productive there is no real time limit. Coincidentally there is a small armed trade convoy heading north to Charlotte momentarily. It will escort you as far as the Midway Inn. You will head east from there. Are we understood? Any questions?"

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
New thread.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Varrick looks at Angela, "Oy, ma saweet Angie, alway gettin straigh' ta da point." He looks partially at the group, shrugging his shoulders, "It alway like dis eh? She don' drink wit us, she don' write a' all. I tell ya, real tease she is" He looks over to Angie and gives her a very obvious wink. "Since we do 'ave ya 'n all a' do gotta ask ya Angie ma dear, since we gon' ona mission wid peril an all... Do we get us a good luck kiss yeh?" He gives her a playful smile and a wink, his eyes and mouth still giving off that subtle sly confident attitude.

And because I don't know when to use this but love to use it, fast talk!
Fast Talk(67)[1d100] = 23

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:00 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 934
***Rafo, Meet with Angie***

Responding with a nod to Angie's request, Rafo takes a look at the table, on the right. He tries to spot anything dwarven made. Being that Varrick is busy with doing his 'thing' will enable Rafo the opportunity to take a peek at the items...from a distance of course.

[1d100] = 35 ....Not sure what skill/ability to use so just rolled 1d100.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:01 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
MonkeyWrench wrote:
Varrick looks at Angela, "Oy, ma saweet Angie, alway gettin straigh' ta da point." He looks partially at the group, shrugging his shoulders, "It alway like dis eh? She don' drink wit us, she don' write a' all. I tell ya, real tease she is" He looks over to Angie and gives her a very obvious wink. "Since we do 'ave ya 'n all a' do gotta ask ya Angie ma dear, since we gon' ona mission wid peril an all... Do we get us a good luck kiss yeh?" He gives her a playful smile and a wink, his eyes and mouth still giving off that subtle sly confident attitude.

And because I don't know when to use this but love to use it, fast talk!
Fast Talk(67)[1d100] = 23


Angela pauses a moment at Varricks flirting.
Angelas reaction roll [1d100] = 58
Then Cassiver steps up interrupting. He pats his own open hand with the head of his hammer and replies to Varrick: "Perhaps the rogue would prefer a much longer lasting kiss?" indicating his hammer.
"Enough." says Angela, a bit flushed. "This is not a forum for such talk."
She stands and looks Varrick in the eyes (although still a bit flustered) "Perform your mission, mister. THAT is my only concern."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
"Yeh I git ya." Varricks rolls his papers up and puts them away. He turns to the group, giving Angela a wink as he does so, "Well den, we all set ta go? I rememba tha ruins so we's jus' gotta get ta tha Inn yeh?"

That situation went beautifully :lol: 2 under my reaction and an awesome roll for fast talk flirting.
Angela wants me 8-)

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
MrHemlocks wrote:
***Rafo, Meet with Angie***

Responding with a nod to Angie's request, Rafo takes a look at the table, on the right. He tries to spot anything dwarven made. Being that Varrick is busy with doing his 'thing' will enable Rafo the opportunity to take a peek at the items...from a distance of course.

[1d100] = 35 ....Not sure what skill/ability to use so just rolled 1d100.


a thorough search of the table would call for a Spot Skill check Which Rafo has a 25%

While Rafo visually examines the contents of the table, he sees gems, coins, chalices, statues, and a chest. None of which is of obvious dwarven make, and some of which have writings engraved on them he has never seen.

Image

Angela spots him looking and addresses him.
"Master Dwarf, I see you have an eye for the finer things. Good. This brings up something I've forgotten. I am a collector of finely crafted art from this region. Should any of you find such in your travels, I would gladly pay well for such. If I find it attractive."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Varrick leans in towards the group, speaking under his breath, "Attractive eh? Think she'd wanna buy me eh? Hehe" He speaks just softly enough that angela may be able to hear him but not those behind her.

I had to post this after what she said, I know Varrick would do it in my shoes... :oops:

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:47 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Etiquette (2) [1d100] = 90

The roll above was my etiquette skill check. Whilst meeting Advisor Angela for the first time, Malfiac puts up his best first impression, making sure he is neatly groomed, his face clean, and is very attentive when she speaks. And, if the situation wishes to see such, he will perform a respectful bow to those present. Using what he has learned from talking to others about the advisor, Malfiac thinks that he is at least seen in some sort of positive light, at least when standing next to Varrick. ;)

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Rukellian wrote:
at least when standing next to Varrick. ;)

THIS :)

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:29 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
Thorgrim addresses Varrick "What sort of insects were they? What else can you tell us about them?" He pauses for Varrick's reply and then turns to Angela. "Does the Inn have any supplies that we can purchase? Even just some basic rations and such. It would be quite the inconvenience to have to come back to Elizabeth Bay every time we needed to replenish our stores."

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Cassiver speaks up: "The Midway Inn is merely it's original title. As Lady Angela said, it is now fortified and they do have a blacksmith, a couple of not so honest merchants, a temple to Apollo, and an Inn proper, as well as tavern. It's a small walled village more than a single building. You should be able to make repairs, heal your hurts, and buy basic provisions. Our advice to purchase supplies here in the Bay was merely so that you got fair prices. You may also sell anything of value you find among the merchants, though I dare say, for coppers on the bronze.""

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:45 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Varrick thinks for a moment on Thorgrims question, "Well, tha thangs dat bit ma first crew were big ol' beetles of sum kind, But dere's really no tellin what is down 'ere"

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
MonkeyWrench wrote:
Varrick thinks for a moment on Thorgrims question, "Well, tha thangs dat bit ma first crew were big ol' beetles of sum kind, But dere's really no tellin what is down 'ere"


Malfiac thinks on this information for but a moment and then says out loud: "Beetles you say? Aren't they the kind of bugs that have thick shells?"

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
"Right ya are Mal', An' dey got dese raza sha'p teeth or somthin, cut thru bone like papar. Soun' like fun yeh? Hahahah"

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:00 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus the mage

"I need a bedroll and some rations for the trail before we leave with the caravan." Caltus says to the group. He turns and bows toward the counselor "I have no questions about our assignment. I shall take my leave now. Thank you." and then turns and heads for the exit.

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:49 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 934
"Waite for me Caltus." Thank you Angela."I will take my leave now." Giving Angela a short nod he turns toward the door and heads over to Caltus. As they leave the building Rafo looks up at him and says," I really think this Varrick guy is a twisted screwball. He might joke around and make others smile but I truly believe me may become a hazard to himself and the rest of the party. All he thinks about is sex. He is like an animal if you ask me. His mind and soul are not centered. He worries me...a lot."

Taking out his pipe, lighting it up and walking down toward the waiting caravan Rafo wonders off in thought. He tells himself this nightmare will soon end and he will return to his clan and the comfort of his family. He smiles...


Last edited by MrHemlocks on Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:13 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
With his assignment now made clear, and the dangers of such, Malfiac respectfully takes his leave, and gives one last wary look to Varrick, wondering whether he should be leaving him alone with another female.... He then smiles as remembers the two guards nearby, "Yeah, those two would set him straight if he tried anything, heh."

Malfiac will meet with the others at the northern entrance to town. He will take the time to don his hard leather armor before venturing outside Elizabeth Bay. Eating a couple of dates while doing so. Having eaten them for the first time, Malfiac finds them delicious and eats a couple more before putting the sack of fruit away. He will have to thank that baker when he comes back; the fruit has been flavorful and filling so far!

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:44 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
lol, no trust for poor Varrick.

As the others leave the room Varrick looks over the map once again for the locations, mentally making notes before addressing Angela, "'ell looks 'ike they gon' an' left meh Haha" As he turns and begins to leave he says over his shoulder, "I'll Make sure ta keep ya in da loop Angie, Jus' make sure ya write ta me dis time yeh?" After saying that he turns his head to face her and gives her a sly wink before leaving, Laughing as he does so.

With everyone doing their own thing it seems they everyone will be meeting up at the Midway Inn so Varrick will go to the Tavern and tell Sven he's leaving and to talk with him for a bit before heading off.

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:41 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Tomcat42 wrote:
Caltus the mage

"I need a bedroll and some rations for the trail before we leave with the caravan." Caltus says to the group. He turns and bows toward the counselor "I have no questions about our assignment. I shall take my leave now. Thank you." and then turns and heads for the exit.


a comfortable yet portable bedroll will cost 20 BP, RATIONS are 2BP per day.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 294 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group