Assignment One: Bug Hunt

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Assignment One: Bug Hunt

#281 Post by MonkeyWrench »

After a while Varrick comes back up from the water, smile still spread across his face, "Lookit 'ere! A' got mah self 'a good ol' catch!" Varrick plops three nice sized fish down and takes his knife out to gut them, as he does so says "Well, Why don' we 'all jus' sit down an' eat dis 'ere fish yeh? Ya can tell us 'all 'bout dat diamond. Like fer startas, how ya even knowin' 'dere is one yeh?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Rukellian »

"If there really is a big diamond like that in there, then there MUST be something else too that the Advisor would like, buried or stored away somewhere in that cave... We are not pressed for time either. I'd also say this sort of work qualifies for 'being productive', but the girl's safety; I've just met her as I am sure is the case for you all, and I have no idea how well she can take care of herself in dangerous combat."

The reluctance in Malfiac's voice is now apparent, but he is also eager to clear out the cave, making the area a safer place.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by tooleychris »

Elsie: "Fish sound goooood. " she says tossing more wood on the fire.
"I ain't no good ina fight, fer true, but I ain't harmless neither.. Maybe I showin ya later, but first..."
She sits closer to the fire and motions everyone to gather.
"Okay." she says sitting down and leaning in close, as if telling a spooky camp fire story or deep secret.
"So I tells ya Poppy, my memas friend was lettin me stay wit her...well, this'eer man come lookin ta buy one a her horses. He ain't got no coin but he gives Poppy this ring. A real pretty thing. All silver and gold striped."
She leans in closer, as if the jungle might over hear.
"I asks Poppy if'n I can hold it, and when I touches it...I dang near passes out! I see, like I'm dreamin, a different young man, climbin around a cave, THAT cave. He goes down a slippery tunnel and sees dis brick wall. He climbs it. He looks around a bit, then sees a... statue, I guess, lyin on a rock shelf er box. "
She seems to be getting very excited now.
But his torch shines on sumptin in the dark, shinin like a thousand fireflies, it was. But den he sees sumptin I can't see. Scares his hair white! I swear! He grabs a hand full of the shiney stuff, coins, jewelry, and runs. Runs like the devil us after him!"
She sits back, studying everyone's faces to see a response, like a child might.
" 'Bout den, Poppy starts slappin me ta wake me up. Says I was mutterin all I saw like a damn fool. She thought I was bein idiot like, but that man....i could see it, he believed me. He laughed but his eyes were scared. Scared but...knowin. He laughed and patted my head like a pup."
She looks at Varrick and then the fish, he snaps to and finishes skinning them.
"When he pats ma head I see another....dream. Dat man in the cave was dis mans pa! Deys been lookin fer dat treasure fer long time now, but couldn't find it agin. Dis man means ta snatch me. Make me show'em where. Do murder on me if needed. That night I run away. I look for 8 sunups before I findin it but find it I did. Yous found it too."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#284 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick finishes gutting the fish and then places them over the fire to cook, "A' ain't neva been good wit magic an' 'all dat but if's ya be sayin' it tru den why not yeh? Can' 'elp ta go an' check it out, clearin da place out jus' like ol' Mal be wantin, mebbe even Caltus 'ere can see if ya got any potental fer magic yeh? Check ya aura 'er sumtin." Varrick inspects the fish and give the first fully cooked one to Evelynn, "'ere ya be goin, nice an' big fish fer ya, Careful tho yeh? 'it prettay 'ot."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#285 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim sits in the background, mulling things over in his head. He never did quite pick up the knack of reading people but the girl sure sounded sincere to him. "Rescuing a helpless girl, returning her farm to her, and topping it off with some incredible treasure? That's gotta put at least a couple of points in the book with my father" he thinks.
"Aye, I'd say that qualifies as 'clearin' out' the area. Me and my axe are ready to split some skulls." He quickly finishes the rest of his fish and then begins sharpening his axe while waiting for the rest to complete their meal.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac offers some fruit to the girl while eating his own share. After his meal, he too is ready to go back in. Before this happens though, Malfiac hands the girl a spare dagger of his and says this with a grave tone, "I still do not like the idea of putting you in further danger, but if you insist on coming along for a while, at least use this to protect yourself. If anything, it would help put my mind at ease, even if just by a little." He then extends the simple dagger to Evie.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by tooleychris »

Evie takes the dagger and uses it to cut open the fruit,which she eats like it's nectar of the gods.
"Ohhhh.. that's goood. " she says, juice dripping down her chin.
"Poppy grows fruit like this..might even be parta her harvest. So, yous believe me den? I told dis same song ta Poppy and she just smiled. Thinkin me a simpleton. Just like everybody do. Just a stupid little girl. Stupider den most, I spect. I spected ya'all ta drag me ta Midway. Let dem deal wit da stupid little girl."
She smiles and takes another bite.
"So yous either stupid too, just plain nice which most ain't, or greedin fer the loot...which is ya?"
She wipes her mouth with her dress sleeve and rises.
"Ya'all should be knowin. I feel like I slept a week in that demin lair. If'n yer plan was ta let da stupid girl fall asleep so'as ta tie'er up an leave'er or haul her back'ta town, I ain't sleepin. So what's it gonna be?"

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#288 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Cave with Evie***

Looking over at Evie, Rafo feels a sad vibe about the girl and that she might not be telling the entire story."Evie, you do not want us to take you to town but demand you travel with us. But, how long do you plan to travel with us and where do plan on ending up when we are done here? Surely you realize that we can not baby sit you all the time. Nor can we let you come to harms way. You are a minor and we will have to take you home of least to another relative.. understand?"

"Well I suggest we take a look down that path Evie pointed out to us and see if the loot still waits within." Unless we take her home or to town now."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varick sits beside the fire, eating his fish, as he watches the rest of the group and the girl. He does not add anything to the conversation but that sly knowing smile is present on his face.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#290 Post by tooleychris »

Evie: "I don't wanna go anywhere with yous, past findin ma gem." states Evie rinsing down breakfast with water. "Yous saved ma skin back der, so I tells ya 'bout der maybe bein some coin fer ya. Ta be honest, I didn't know da witch was in der, and I dunno what else my dream didn't show me. Somptin scared dat man pretty bad in ma dream. So, yeah, I'm payin ya back, but sorta usin ya ta get me all da way der too. I get dat pretty rock an I can buy back me pa's farm from Rancho."
She sighs.
"Ima used ta folk not wantin me 'round. I know I'm... different. "

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#291 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick puts the fish bones into the fire and puts his hand on Elive's head, patting her gently, "Ain't nuthin diffrent 'bout ya den dese folk 'ere. Ya got a good 'ead on ya shouldas an' ya got a fire stirrin in ya 'eart ta protect wot ya luv yeh? Same as Dem" He points to the rest of the group to show her who he is talking about, "Erryon, 'ere got sumtin dey wanna protect no mattas wot yeh? Same as ya, so don' be thinkin ya is any less 'o a person Jus' cuz peple be sayin it. Now lets go'an gettus sum treasa yeh? Haha" Varrick then makes sure his pack is all together before standing up and offering his hand to Elvie to help her up.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by tooleychris »

if everyone is ready to re-enter the cave, I'm going to start a new thread for it here:
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2595&p=87634#p87634

We will return to this thread when the Cave is cleared. Feel free to add any follow up RP here before the party packs up camp, if you need. Yes, a new thread means experience rolls!
A skill that was successfully used in this thread allows a d100 roll. If this roll is greater than your current skill % then it increases by 1d6. If it is your CHOSEN skill, it increases 1d8. I'm throwing something new into the mix as well this time. If you used the skill more than once in a thread you can roll that many times UNTIL you either succeed or fail at all the rolls. EXAMPLE: If Rafo used his track skill successfully 3 times, he gets 3 chances to raise it once. Say his Track skill is 75. His first attempt is a 30, fail. He gets to roll again. Second attempt is a 76. Success, he stops there.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by MonkeyWrench »

I'm ready to move on! Lets get us some treasure.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Rukellian »

Ready as well, well adjust Malfiac's ration count by the end of the day in-game.

Return to “Silverymoon”