Side thread for non-essential interactions

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Side thread for non-essential interactions

#81 Post by tooleychris »

Edario, Kana to Varrick

"Told you." says Edario to Kana. "Waste of time."
"You would think, after all the pitfalls we've heard about, there would be more trappers here." Kansas sighs. "We have our assignments. Let's go." she gulps her water as Edario pours his wine into a flask. They stand to leave.
"Good luck to you." she says and winks.
"Maybe we'll see each other again."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by MonkeyWrench »

"I hope we meet unda betta terms as well, next time ya in town look fer me eh? I'll show ya some tricks that I can do wit ma hands" after saying that Varrick gives Kana a sly smile with a very mischievous look as he looks her over once more.

He then finishes his drink and hands Sven the money for the round of drinks. After a few minutes go by Varrick will get up and go outside, heading for Angela's office

How late in the day is it? Is angela still in office? if not then disregard the last part of that.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by tooleychris »

As Varrick watches Kana exit he notices the sun outside is setting. Might need to wait till morning.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by tooleychris »

As the day turns to night at the Kraven Kobold, many people visit the tavern. Mostly locals.
However, a couple of hours into watching the dancing girls a young girl Varrick knows as Sarah, a pre-teen who makes extra coin delivering messages and parcels around town, approaches you with a package.
"Sir, I've been asked by a young lady ta have ya deliver this ta her. She's stayin at the Northend in room C." she holds out her hand, palm up and smiles.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks down at Sarah as she is holding the letter," 'ey Sally! How ma favorite runna doin eh? A package fer me?" Varrick takes the package from Sarah, "Let's see wut we got 'ere eh?" He gives her a smile and puts 5 bronze coins in her hand, "take dat an' get ya some food when ya got a break ya?"

Varrick then handles the box to check the weight. He looks over to Sven, "Looks lika lady wan' me ta give 'er a present and she already picked it out fer me Haha, Wut ya say, do a' open it?" He gives Sven a smile as he looks at the package, his curiosity at wanting to know what is inside growing.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by tooleychris »

Varrick and Sven

Sven merely shrugs his shoulder and continues pouring ale in mugs. "Might'en be a snake, if I were a guessin." he laughs.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#87 Post by tooleychris »

Orland and Caltus

The sun is setting as Caltus enters the Orlands Sharp Blade. The older, dirty weapon smith wipes his hands and approaches. "Aye I gots a few spears, long and short." he replies when asked.
He grabs a rather exotic looking trident off the shelf and hands it to Caltus.
"This is me pride and joy of late. Got it from a fisherman who says he snagged it off the banks. Lying no doubtk but eh....This beauty secretes a green liquid when struck against something." he gives an example by sticking it in the timbers of the wall, which start to hiss and give off a putrid smelling smoke wisp.
"Yeah, doesnt smell too good but burns like a devil. Cost ya....say 1600 bronze."
He pulls another spear from the shelf that has a forked blade. "This'un is good for blocking blows. Perfectly balanced as well, makes it a might easier to score a hit. I'd let it go for 550 bronze."
He sighs, "Of course I've also got more mundane weapons if that suits better. My other spears'll run ya between 50 and a hundred. Whatcha liking?"

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#88 Post by Tomcat42 »

tooleychris wrote:Orland and Caltus

The sun is setting as Caltus enters the Orlands Sharp Blade. The older, dirty weapon smith wipes his hands and approaches. "Aye I gots a few spears, long and short." he replies when asked.
He grabs a rather exotic looking trident off the shelf and hands it to Caltus.
"This is me pride and joy of late. Got it from a fisherman who says he snagged it off the banks. Lying no doubtk but eh....This beauty secretes a green liquid when struck against something." he gives an example by sticking it in the timbers of the wall, which start to hiss and give off a putrid smelling smoke wisp.
"Yeah, doesnt smell too good but burns like a devil. Cost ya....say 1600 bronze."
He pulls another spear from the shelf that has a forked blade. "This'un is good for blocking blows. Perfectly balanced as well, makes it a might easier to score a hit. I'd let it go for 550 bronze."
He sighs, "Of course I've also got more mundane weapons if that suits better. My other spears'll run ya between 50 and a hundred. Whatcha liking?"
Caltus will briefly check both weapons for weight and balance "Both look to be fine weapons, sir, but as I'm fresh off the boat and running lean on coin just now I'll have to keep a good hold on what I do have." Caltus lingers on the second spear "You see your way to part with this one for 480 bronze and you'll have a sale. Otherwise," he glances across to another rack where the more mundane spears are stacked "I may have to settle on something a bit less extravagant. What say you?"

I need a coin conversion check before I get into something I can't pay for - what's the silver to bronze conversion rate anyway?
Last edited by Tomcat42 on Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by tooleychris »

10 bronze=1 silver You need to make a Bargain Roll (11) to haggle the price.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#90 Post by Tomcat42 »

tooleychris wrote:10 bronze=1 silver You need to make a Bargain Roll (11) to haggle the price.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Tomcat42 wrote:
tooleychris wrote:10 bronze=1 silver You need to make a Bargain Roll (11) to haggle the price.
That is an amazing roll, I was fully expecting you to fail with a skill of 11 :lol:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick laughs along with Sven, Well ya neva do know eh?" Varrick takes the package to the end of the bar, away from other people, and carefully begins to open it.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by tooleychris »

Orland and Caltus

Orland looks at the spear, weighing his options...against Caltus critical success!
Orlands Bargain roll [1d100] = 50
Ya know, this has been on my shelf for quite awhile. I guess I can let it go for your price.

-480 bronze from inventory and add following:
Spear 1d8+1+db damage +10 to Parry +indestructible
I'm also giving you a free experience roll (which I made for you to save time). Add 5 points to your bargaining skill

Caltus learns a lesson while haggling with Orland. Sometimes merely asking for a lower price reaps rewards.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by tooleychris »

Caltus admires his new weapon

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:Caltus admires his new weapon

Read as "Overcompensation" :oops: :lol:

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#96 Post by tooleychris »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Varrick laughs along with Sven, Well ya neva do know eh?" Varrick takes the package to the end of the bar, away from other people, and carefully begins to open it.
The bag contains a short but fat bottle of wine, a vial of honey, a knife sharpening strap of leather, and is insulated with feathers.
Sarah accepts the bronze happily and skips off."Gettin late. Gotta git home'for Da misses me."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks at the contents, He takes the knife sharpening strap and hides it on him then takes the package and starts to head out, He calls out to Sven with a wide smile, "Oy Sven! Imma go out an' meet wit dis lovely package giva. If those guys I was wit earlia come in lookin fer me let em know I'll be at da Inn."

Varrick then heads outside and goes to the Northrend Inn, looking for Room C. When he gets there he will stand beside the door and attempt to listen to what is inside the room.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by tooleychris »

Varrick and Rufus

As Varrick enters the inn he sees the tavern room is curtained off and under construction. It's pretty dark and empty of life.
Rufus, the owner, meets him at the door with a log book in hand. "Eh der young'en. Da taverns closed. You needin a bed?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#99 Post by MonkeyWrench »

With a cheerful smile Varrick says to Rufus, " 'eya! I wus jus' lookin fer room C, got a' message says I's suppos' ta meet up 'ere, Point ma in da right direction?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#100 Post by tooleychris »

Rufus to Varrick

The old man flips some pages and runs a boney finger across.
"Room C...ah, Varricks room. Aye she just checked in a bit ago. Strange name for a lass, but... whatsa old man know? Just up day stairs. Last door on left. It's marked."

You make your way up and hear nothing at the door except someone maybe pacing the floor boards.

Return to “Silverymoon”