#61 Post by tooleychris »

Micah to Thorgrim

PM SENT

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Side thread for non-essential interactions

#62 Post by Rukellian »

Once Caltus' player chimes in I will be posting more for Malfiac, for sure. I don't want to assume things though, and make the pace too fast for other player's, I'm trying to give Caltus some dialogue time, but uh.... guess my time management is falling a bit short. Sorry...

Malfiac too seems a bit dismayed at his lack of manners and brings his hand to his face to cover it up quickly in an automatic reaction. "My apologies! I guess Verrick would need to know who is asking for his services. My name is Malfiac. I will let everyone else introduce themeselves."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage
MonkeyWrench wrote:With a wide smile to Sven, Varrick then heads over to the table with Malfiac and the Elf, "How ya two doin! This ya friend you were talkin bout? I say we get this whole boat movin yeh? Lets get outta 'ere go find ya otha friend so I can meet em, I gotta be sure you all a trusty group ya know? Can't be givin ma good mates up to slaughter right? Hahahaha" As he is leading them out of their chairs he stops a moment and then says, "Seems I lost ma manners ha, what shall I be callin ya two?"
Caltus bows to Varrick "My name is Caltus, friend. And I understand your name is Varrick?" he says. "We are newly arrived and should soon be on our way after we meet with the town counselor for whatever task she will put to us. It would certainly be to the good to travel with someone familiar with the surrounding area!"

Trying to adjust to monitoring two separate threads for game actions! :lol:
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by Rukellian »

Tomcat42 wrote:Caltus the mage
MonkeyWrench wrote:With a wide smile to Sven, Varrick then heads over to the table with Malfiac and the Elf, "How ya two doin! This ya friend you were talkin bout? I say we get this whole boat movin yeh? Lets get outta 'ere go find ya otha friend so I can meet em, I gotta be sure you all a trusty group ya know? Can't be givin ma good mates up to slaughter right? Hahahaha" As he is leading them out of their chairs he stops a moment and then says, "Seems I lost ma manners ha, what shall I be callin ya two?"
Caltus bows to Varrick "My name is Caltus, friend. And I understand your name is Varrick?" he says. "We are newly arrived and should soon be on our way after we meet with the town counselor for whatever task she will put to us. It would certainly be to the good to travel with someone familiar with the surrounding area!"

Malfiac quickly and politely corrects him, saying that he is going to be showing us to Varrick soon. Even Malfiac is not quite sure how this guy is and didn't ask for a name.... strange. "Ah, I don't think this is Varrick, I think. Yes, he was going to take us to him when he deemed us safe enough to introduce, right?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#65 Post by Tomcat42 »

Rukellian wrote:
Tomcat42 wrote:Caltus the mage

Malfiac quickly and politely corrects him, saying that he is going to be showing us to Varrick soon. Even Malfiac is not quite sure how this guy is and didn't ask for a name.... strange. "Ah, I don't think this is Varrick, I think. Yes, he was going to take us to him when he deemed us safe enough to introduce, right?"
Meh! I need a map to keep track of all the players! I'm going to hold off on further dialog until I clear my head and re-read earlier posts! :oops:
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#66 Post by tooleychris »

Tomcat42 wrote: Trying to adjust to monitoring two separate threads for game actions! :lol:
Yeah the idea of THIS thread was for NPC interaction when all the players weren't together.
I think we can move PC interaction back to main thread. Sorry for confusion Tomcat!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by MonkeyWrench »

But I'm not an essential character yet :lol:
I'll move my next post to the correct forum
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by tooleychris »

Sven to Varrick
"I see you're back. Short tomb robbing campaign, was it?" he laughs. "That girl you saw on your way in...Mabel. She's a real looker, eh?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#69 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As Varrick watches Mabel leave he turns back to Sven, "Ya do got a good one, she new? I dun think I saw 'er aroun' befo..." His natural smile turning into more of a mischievous smirk.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by tooleychris »

Sven to Varrick

"New? Aye. Well, newish. She started 'bout 2 weeks ago. Made quick friends with someone else you know." replies Sven with a big smile.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#71 Post by MonkeyWrench »

As Sven's words sink in Varrick starts to go pale, and he looks around the tavern, "Sven! ya gotta warn me bout dat shit! Now she'll know ima 'ere and alive!" Varrick sighs and sits down at the bar, "Well... no matta yellin bout spilt milk eh? Lemme get some o' dat dwarven stuff, I'll either be gone befo' she gets 'ere or I'll get to be drunk when she 'temps ta kill me eh? Hahaha" As Varrick thinks for a moment, "But ah... If ya do happen ta see 'er walk in and she don' see me, lemme know eh? I can alway make a run fer it eh?" He still wears a smile but Sven can tell that Varrick is watching his surroundings very carefully.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Gah, the things you put poor varrick through lol

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by tooleychris »

Sven and Varrick... and guest stars

As Sven brings you your drink someone tosses some bronze pennies on the counter in front of you.
You turn to see an attractive, and a little masculine woman in ring armor.

"You Varrick? " she asks as an archer steps up behind her.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks her up and down, and makes a quick glance towards the man behind her, "Well den, don' dat all depen' on who askin?" Varrick gives her a wink and a sly smile, "If ya be lookin for ol' Varrick den ya cud onla wan' a few thangs. One bein o'course 'is help wit somethin and two bein ya herd sum thangs bout 'im, cud be bad, cud be good. So which is it beautiful?"

and since I have no idea when to properly apply this skill here's some fast talk!
Fast Talk: 65%
[1d100] = 40

I'm not going to like this interaction very much am I? :o

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#75 Post by tooleychris »

Kana to whatever his name is now (Varrick :) )

She smiles coyly "My name is Kana and this is Edario " she says motioning with her head.
"I was told that you...I mean, Varrick, was someone to speak with about scouting ruins. An elf merchant told us you...I mean, HE, was worth looking up and that HE might be here, getting drunk."

Edario speaks up. "Look, we need someone good with traps. You him or not? Match the description. "

reaction roll is more suited, so I applied it to a good reaction from Kana

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks Edario over briefly before smiling wide towards Kana, "Well den... go a'ead an 'ave a seat, tell me bout what ya lookin ta do eh?" Varrick looks over to Sven, "Oy Sven! Get ma anotha round fer ma new frends Edario and tha beautfiul Kana, whateva they be wantin!" Varrick then turns his attention towards Kana, motioning for her to sit next to him with a sly smile.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#77 Post by tooleychris »

Kana & Edario to Varrick

changed my mind about reaction and switched it to fast talk. That's how I roll ;)

"Water. " says Kana to Sven.
"Wine." answers Edario.
"And in a clean mug this time!" adds Kana.

She turns her attention back to Varrick
" You didn't answer Edarios question. We're leaving today. No time to waste."

Sven makes a point of loudly placing the mugs on the counter instead of delivery.
Edario sighs and goes to fetch them.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks at Kana a bit differently after ordering just water and then going straight to the point but still keeps his sly smile and casual demeaner. "an' ya neva said where ya was goin now did ya?" He takes a long drink from his beer and then looks directly into Kana's eyes, his smile still the same but his eye's take on a more serious tone.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#79 Post by tooleychris »

Kana sighs and pulls out a rolled parchment, unfurling it on the table.
"This," she points, "Is Elizabeth Bay." she runs a finger up the familiar northern road and veers of west.
"This 10 by 10 mile plot is where we are to map. However, Angela tells us that there was an old trapper setting up claw snares for pelts. Guess he disappeared. Says the lands here may be riddled with such snares. Edario is a good hunter, If you ask him, but neither of us are skilled at spotting such traps. Hence our need. "
Edario sits and she examines the mugs and takes a drink.
"That's a lot of wilderness to explore." says Edario. "Which I...WE could manage on our own. But with the traps.... I don't know...."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks at the map and then sighs, "That looks ta be more den a few hours work... Sorry love I gotta turn ya down dis time. I already got me a group to help a three and ya know how Angie don't like dem big numbas eh?" Varrick then thinks for a moment, "Unless ya wanted ta come along wit us? I gotta talk ta Angie bout da ruins I had ta leave jus' recently and hopefully she'll allow da bigger numbers. Wat ya say? Hold off fer now and maybe come wit us or ya can go now, wors' case is you ain't goin wit us and ya gotta leave fer da area a bit lata, bes case is you get some mo' loot from anotha place and ya get some help wit ya land."

Return to “Silverymoon”