Side thread for non-essential interactions

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Side thread for non-essential interactions

#41 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:Daeghun to Varrick

"Of course I've got bows." snorts the elf.
" A simple bow will cost you 150 bronze. Arrows are a bronze each. How many may I get you?"
Varrick flashes a small mischievous grin at the elf, "So ya do got bows back der? ya know Daeghun... ya had best watch out or people a start thinkin this place a shop or somethin. But since ya offerin I suppose I could take a bow an bout 20 arrows" Varrick pulls out about 17 silver from his pack to show Daeghun that he does indeed have the coin.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by tooleychris »

Daeghun to Varrick

"Then our business in concluded?" asks the elf, not expecting a reply.
"Always a...pleasure. I do so Hope to see you again soon." he smiles thinly.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick takes the bow and tests the strength out, "I must say, ya bows always do impress me. Ya we done, today at least hahaha." Varrick hands over the Silver and then straps the bow and arrows to his pack before heading towards the door. Before leaving he calls out behind him, "I'll be wishin ya tha best o' luck with ya sales and if ya need help gettin tha stick outta ya arse I know a cute lil thang down at the Tavern that I could intraduce ya too hahaha."

Varrick then heads out into the street and heads over to the Kraven Kobold Tavern, walking in and checking out everyone in the place, letting his eyes linger for a bit on the pretty girls and making sure to smile and wink at those that notice him, as he heads over to the bar, "Sven! How ya been mate? It's been a while since I been drinkin in ya fine place!"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by tooleychris »

Sven to Verrick

The barkeeper looks around quickly then leans in to whisper "Oy, Verrick. Ya know I ain't got no troubles with ya, but If Sally happens to come in, she might get herself arrested, If ya get my meaning. Twerent too happy with you...dissapearin on one of yer quests after...romancing her last time."
He leans back and smiles, speaking normal tones "Welcome back, um... Sorry, what was yer name again? Ya thirsty?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac addresses the barkeep, inquiring about anyone in town with a skillset around traps and other sneaky activitites. "I have heard of the dangers outside this town, and I would like to venture out there with someone who is prepared for such traps and dangerous ruins. Does anyone come to mind?" He pushes forth a silver coin to help jog the barkeep's memory. This occurs before Verrick steps in, sorry for the late post.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick ducks his head down, "oy... Almost fergot all bout her... oh man... Thank ya fer lookin out Sven." He attempts to subtly look around the tavern for Sally before directing his gaze back onto Sven, "Yeah, lemme get ma usual... and if ya see Sally comin in lemme know so I can make a hasty gettaway, or atleas face ma death wit glory eh?" At that Varrick laughs a bit before checking the tavern again.

Varricks usual would probably be the Dwarven Ale, but you would know that if you were the real Sven!!!

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by MonkeyWrench »

So to keep things in order it happens like this?

Malfiac addresses the barkeep, inquiring about anyone in town with a skillset around traps and other sneaky activitites. "I have heard of the dangers outside this town, and I would like to venture out there with someone who is prepared for such traps and dangerous ruins. Does anyone come to mind?" He pushes forth a silver coin to help jog the barkeep's memory.

Then I come walkin in

Varrick then heads out into the street and heads over to the Kraven Kobold Tavern, walking in and checking out everyone in the place, letting his eyes linger for a bit on the pretty girls and making sure to smile and wink at those that notice him, as he heads over to the bar, "Sven! How ya been mate? It's been a while since I been drinkin in ya fine place!"

Svens Turn:

The barkeeper looks around quickly then leans in to whisper "Oy, Verrick. Ya know I ain't got no troubles with ya, but If Sally happens to come in, she might get herself arrested, If ya get my meaning. Twerent too happy with you...dissapearin on one of yer quests after...romancing her last time."
He leans back and smiles, speaking normal tones "Welcome back, um... Sorry, what was yer name again? Ya thirsty?"

BACK TO ME AGAIN!!!!

Varrick ducks his head down, "oy... Almost fergot all bout her... oh man... Thank ya fer lookin out Sven." He attempts to subtly look around the tavern for Sally before directing his gaze back onto Sven, "Yeah, lemme get ma usual... and if ya see Sally comin in lemme know so I can make a hasty gettaway, or atleas face ma death wit glory eh?" At that Varrick laughs a bit before checking the tavern again.

This was for clarification purposes and may or may not be in the correct topic area.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by tooleychris »

Sven to Malfiac

"Ta be on the up'n'up with ya, I've only known a couple of people any good with mechanics. One of them is a lass working for me named Sally. But she got a bit of something in her eyes on her last venture out. Left her blind in one eye, and shes given up running around for dancing. The other lad...well he's a bit on the wiley side. Makes friends easy enough, peeves'em off about the same. If ya asked Sally about Verrick. She's like to give you an ear full. However, he went out in the wilds about a month ago with some new recruits. Ain't seen hide nor hair in a bit. Might be best for him, If Sally ever catches up with him." he laughs.
"But I'm not one ta gossip."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by tooleychris »

Oops, Yeah, not sure what time line Ruke has in mind here. Will wait to hear his reasoning

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:Oops, Yeah, not sure what time line Ruke has in mind here. Will wait to hear his reasoning
Yeah Ruke... Explain yourself!!!

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac would have asked the barkeep this after Thorgrim left for the town merchant area, before Verrick arrived. After the barkeep mentions the information that he does, Verrick walks in and does his thing. Malfiac is still in the area when the whispered conversation takes place, he does not eavesdrop.

-----

After waiting patiently for the new person to finish talking to the barkeep, Malfiac will casually walk towards him and extend his hand. "Hello. I'm currently in search of someone familiar with traps and dungeon exploring outside this town, would you happen to know a man named Verrick? I was told that he would be a suitable person." Malfiac will try to keep up a good first impression as he speaks to the (what race is he currently speaking to :lol: ?)....
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks at the stranger with his hand extended, a smile starts to form on his face, "Well ello der! It'sa always nice ta meet new people ya agree?! Haha." Varrick thinks for a moment on Malfiac's question, "So ya be lookin for Varrick eh? I do happen ta know the man, in fact I be in pretty good standin with him. Tha question be, what kinda work you have for em? Ya got a nice girl ya need help wooin ova? some impentrable vault ya need breakin inta? He does all dis an more I assure you! You can even ask ol Sven here, the man is a livin legend round these parts!" Varrick keeps a wide smile while saying all of this and comes off as an extremely friendly and charismatic person.

I would say he is speaking to a human but I believe the character would go for something like, Sex God? Or Man of Legend? :lol:
And yes, I did in fact have fun writing this. :D

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac's face brightens up as he is told that the man knows the guy. "Indeed, I would have use of his skills when performing my assignments here. I do not know much about this land other than the fact that it is dangerous and riddled with traps and who knows what else. If he would need some sort of payment, I could offer some of my coin as payment, though I suspect that there is much to be found outside this town, valuables that would be his for the taking. Know that I am a capable fighter and that I have paired up with a dwarf who is also proficient in combat. You can tell him this, and with the coin, perhaps he will be interested in helping us out?" Malfiac seems to be putting a lot of trust in this person, maybe it's because the man is friendly and charismatic, who knows?

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by MonkeyWrench »

"Oh? you got yaself a team den? always a good idea to be ina team, believe me on that, this land ain't the most hospitable. So is ye friends here? Before I go tellin ma friends about potential jobs I like ta meet tha employers ye?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rukellian »

"If I recall correctly, the dwarf went out to stock up on supplies..." Malfiac then looks to Caltus. "There is someone else who hasn't officially joined yet, but he accompianed us on our trip here and is already familiar with the others." Malfiac walks towards Caltus and mentions that he found someone who can point us towards a new team member who knows about traps.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by tooleychris »

Sven just rolls his eyes, shakes his head, and chuckles under breath as he spit shines some mugs.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick watches Malfiac walk over to the Elf sitting at the table and start talking to him. He notices Sven chuckling under his breath and gives the man a wide smile, "Always fun seein what people be sayin bout ya when they don know it ya, so Sven, before dey come back ova here, you know anything bout em?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by tooleychris »

Sven to Varrick

"Fresh of the boat's my guess. Probably do them some good having someone with 'em knows his way around."
He shakes his head again and laughs.
" 'course I'm not saying that can't do better." he says with a wide smile.
"But, eh. Anything to get you outta me tavern 'fore you know who shows up."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick laughs with Sven as they joke around until his last words sink in and Varrick feels a sort of shiver run up his spine,"Gah, ya bastard you know sayin shit lika dat is how ya get curses, next thang ya know Sally'll be strollin in here wit some roughers... But I do see ya point, I suppose it be time I made some friends eh? gotta blend in haha." He hands Sven the 2 Bronze pieces he owes him along with 5 additional bronze pieces, "If ya see Sally tell her you ain't seen me eh?"

With a wide smile to Sven, Varrick then heads over to the table with Malfiac and the Elf, "How ya two doin! This ya friend you were talkin bout? I say we get this whole boat movin yeh? Lets get outta 'ere go find ya otha friend so I can meet em, I gotta be sure you all a trusty group ya know? Can't be givin ma good mates up to slaughter right? Hahahaha" As he is leading them out of their chairs he stops a moment and then says, "Seems I lost ma manners ha, what shall I be callin ya two?"

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#60 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim walks down the street mentally checking things off his list: "weapon, check. rations, check." Just then he looks up and spies a sign that says 'Micah's Rugged Outdoors'. "Ah, just what I need."

He enters the shop and approaches the counter. "Good day, sir. I reckon you'll be familiar with Lord Byron and his 'assignments'. I'll need to outfit meself with whatever I'll be needin' out there." Thorgrim stops and looks around. "I figure I could use a backpack, canteen, 4 sets of those bandages, and...", he pauses, "whatever else you might suggest."

Return to “Silverymoon”