Side thread for non-essential interactions

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Side thread for non-essential interactions

#21 Post by Rukellian »

"Words of wisdom no doubt, thank you Master Dwarf!" Malfiac sounds enthusiastic enough as he produces the necessary coin. "I will probably take both the lamp and oil for 10 bronze and ten of those torches as well. I still know not where my first journey will take me," he says with a nod. (191 bronze or 200?)

When all of the item have been purchased and are now in Malfiac's hands, he will slowly yet steadily put the items in his bag of holding, testing its limits. If he can not fit everything he would like he will look to purchase a backpack from the Dwarf as well.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by tooleychris »

Micah to Malfiac:

torches are 1bp each so 190+ #torches =200 BPs .

"Aye, Aye. Pleasurebe mine'an luckbe tooya. " he says.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by Blazeguard »

After a refreshing sleep at the Northend Inn, Thorgrim wakes and sets about purchasing supplies.

"Me axe serves me well but adding a bow or somesuch would probably be a good idea", he thinks to himself. "Ah, The Hunter's Eye, that looks like a good place" he muses.

He enters the shop and greets the proprietor, "My good man, I'm in the market for a weapon. Me axe has saved me life more'n once", he slaps it affectionately, "but I'm lookin' fer something with a little more range. A crossbow possibly. What would you suggest?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick walks down the street after getting his salary, making sure to complement each woman he passes by before making it to Micah's Rugged outdoors, hollering upon entering "Yo Micah! how ya been ya loose screwed halfing!?" In a joking manner as he does so each time he has entered the store. "I just got back inta town and I'm lookin for some new gear, last gear got ate up by some shitty bugs, two rookies that had ta go with me' got bit up and says they done now, believe that shit?"
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by tooleychris »

Blazeguard wrote:After a refreshing sleep at the Northend Inn, Thorgrim wakes and sets about purchasing supplies.

"Me axe serves me well but adding a bow or somesuch would probably be a good idea", he thinks to himself. "Ah, The Hunter's Eye, that looks like a good place" he muses.

He enters the shop and greets the proprietor, "My good man, I'm in the market for a weapon. Me axe has saved me life more'n once", he slaps it affectionately, "but I'm lookin' fer something with a little more range. A crossbow possibly. What would you suggest?"
Daeghun to Throgrim

The elf aautomatically goes to the display shelf and grabs a well used crossbow. "This," he says proudly, "Doesn't look like much but," he loads a bolt and fires it at a target in the shop. To your amazement the draw string magically returns to the firing mechanism all by itself.
"This crossbow is enchanted to redraw, making it fireable much quicker. Twice as fast actually. 1000 bronze and it's yours. I'll even throw in a score of bolts for free."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by tooleychris »

MonkeyWrench wrote:Varrick walks down the street after getting his salary, making sure to complement each woman he passes by before making it to Micah's Rugged outdoors, hollering upon entering "Yo Micah! how ya been ya loose screwed halfing!?" In a joking manner as he does so each time he has entered the store. "I just got back inta town and I'm lookin for some new gear, last gear got ate up by some shitty bugs, two rookies that had ta go with me' got bit up and says they done now, believe that shit?"
Micah to Varrick:

"Varrick, youold dog! Tis goodta beseein ya'agin. Beena bit. Figurin youfer bug food yerself. You git'n Angie ta payya still?" he laughs. "Whatcha be needin?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick laughs with Micah, "ye I almost was a coupl' times, shitty rookies dun know what they doin an' set off a whole ruin o' em. Damn shitty mess tha was." Varrick checks over the wares, "Micah I alway did love this place, everything ya culd eva want for yor adventurin needs, Lemme get some Rope, twelve torches, dat canteen ther, ohh dat tent(small), an oil lamp and oil, and about 3 days werth o' rations." He thinks for a moment then smiles wide, "Ahh ta hell wid it, get me a backpack as well, I don't think my ol trusty one will be holding any more." As he says this he hold up his pack to show that there is massive bug bite marks and a whole side of the pack is missing. "It was a dear thing an dun saved me back from a leaping bug, too bad the bug liked tha taste eh?"

Back pack
Rope (30yards, STR 40)
Canteen(2 liters)
Small Tent(holds 2)
Oil Lamp
Lamp Oil(7 days)
Torchesx12
Trail rations(1 days)x3

Should come out to 190bps and if I'm am getting the conversion right that would be 19s? I'm kind of going off of Ruke's post so let me know if that's wrong.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by tooleychris »

Yes. 10 CP=1 BP. 10 BP =1 SP 10 SP=1 GP

Micah to Verrick

"Zues' beard but'Ima lovin when'o lordy Byron be sendin greenbacks ta town. E'ry time'a shipbe pullin'n o'Micah be rakin it in. " says the dwarf in jolly form.
"I stock up'n its gone in'a day'er two. Breaks me heart thinkin whatdem bandits in Charlotte be rakin'n. I heartell a torch up der be costin 5 bronze! N'ferget what oil be costin! Still, I guess if'n adventurin types'r findin lotsa loot, it be worth it."
The dwarf runs through some figures in his head, counting on fingers.
"Aye, lad. 19 silver'll cover this. Wantin meetah fill dat canteen wit rotgut ferya? Onda house'course."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by Blazeguard »

tooleychris wrote: Daeghun to Throgrim

The elf aautomatically goes to the display shelf and grabs a well used crossbow. "This," he says proudly, "Doesn't look like much but," he loads a bolt and fires it at a target in the shop. To your amazement the draw string magically returns to the firing mechanism all by itself.
"This crossbow is enchanted to redraw, making it fireable much quicker. Twice as fast actually. 1000 bronze and it's yours. I'll even throw in a score of bolts for free."

Thorgrim takes the crossbow and examines it, hefting it, sighting down the bow, and generally inspecting it, trying to make it look like he is more knowledgeable than he is. After a couple of minutes he grudgingly gives it back, "Aye, it looks like a fine weapon but I'm afraid that would lighten my coin purse too much. You wouldn't consider taking a suit of magical ring mail in trade for it, would ya?" Thorgrim pulls it out and lays it on the counter. "This may look like ordinary ring mail but it's stronger than dragon hide. Go ahead 'n check it out."
Trying to use bargain skill: Skill Roll: [1d100] = 50

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by tooleychris »

Blazeguard wrote:
tooleychris wrote: Thorgrim takes the crossbow and examines it, hefting it, sighting down the bow, and generally inspecting it, trying to make it look like he is more knowledgeable than he is. After a couple of minutes he grudgingly gives it back, "Aye, it looks like a fine weapon but I'm afraid that would lighten my coin purse too much. You wouldn't consider taking a suit of magical ring mail in trade for it, would ya?" Thorgrim pulls it out and lays it on the counter. "This may look like ordinary ring mail but it's stronger than dragon hide. Go ahead 'n check it out."
Trying to use bargain skill: Skill Roll: [1d100] = 50
Okay. A Little confusion here I think. Thorgrim had to pick either the ringmail OR breastplate from Sand.. Not both.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Blazeguard »

Oops, sorry. I will go with the breastplate.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by tooleychris »

Daeghun to Throgrim

"If it's a bit rich for dwarven blood," says the elf replacing the weapon, "I have plenty mundane crossbows that are still excellent weapons. I'd recommend a medium crossbow, with 20 bolts it would only cost 420."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim bristles a bit at the dwarven jab but accepts the offer. "That would be fine. That includes a quiver, right? I'll take it. I'll pick the other one up next time I'm back in town."

With that taken care of he heads out the door and off to the next shop.

His rumbling stomach reminds him that he will need rations for the road. He pops into Barker's Butchery and peruses the wares. "I'll need provisions for traveling out of town. Could you put together an assortment of your meats, enough for say, a week?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by tooleychris »

Barker to Thirgrim

"Well sure. I keep packs of smoke-dried meats made up just for travellers. An assortment of salted pork and smoke beef strips for a week will cost ya 8 bronze. But just between me and you, I've got a whole suckling pig I've salted and been smoking for 2 days now for an order that cancelled. Enough to feed 4 for a week, If you like pork well enough. I'll let it go and wrap it up for 20 bronze?"

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:Yes. 10 CP=1 BP. 10 BP =1 SP 10 SP=1 GP

Micah to Verrick

"Zues' beard but'Ima lovin when'o lordy Byron be sendin greenbacks ta town. E'ry time'a shipbe pullin'n o'Micah be rakin it in. " says the dwarf in jolly form.
"I stock up'n its gone in'a day'er two. Breaks me heart thinkin whatdem bandits in Charlotte be rakin'n. I heartell a torch up der be costin 5 bronze! N'ferget what oil be costin! Still, I guess if'n adventurin types'r findin lotsa loot, it be worth it."
The dwarf runs through some figures in his head, counting on fingers.
"Aye, lad. 19 silver'll cover this. Wantin meetah fill dat canteen wit rotgut ferya? Onda house'course."
"O' course! ya know I cud neva turn down ya special brew Micah!" Varrick laughs and then hands him 19 silver, After doing the exchange He begins to head towards the door and in a joking manner says, "Hopefully I'll be catchin ya later, all dependin on who in this shitty lil town gets me killed o' course haha"

Varrick then heads down the street, making sure to compliment each pretty girl he comes across until he makes it to the Hunters Eye, walking in he calls out, "Daeghun ma favorit Elf! how ya been?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by tooleychris »

Daeghun to Varrick

The elf rolls his eyes impatiently. "More likely the only elf to put up with you." he says snobbishly.
"I had heard you were returned to the Bay. Also that you nearly got your crew ate."
He smiles in an also snobbish manner awaiting a reply.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by MonkeyWrench »

The elf rolls his eyes impatiently. "More likely the only elf to put up with you." he says snobbishly.
"I had heard you were returned to the Bay. Also that you nearly got your crew ate."
He smiles in an also snobbish manner awaiting a reply.
Varrick feigns a hurt look towards the elf, "Why I am jus hurt by that, ya think dat a young, strappin handsome, pilla of tha community like me would do wrong?" He waits for a moment before regressing back to his usual smile/smirk, "I always love talkin ta ya Daeghun, ya always know just how to sober me up hahaha, But I'm sure ya know how it is, some hot shots here for da first time and lookin for all da glory and treasure. I was undoin dis spring trap for a chest when I hear a bunch o' clickin, I turn around and ya know what I find? da two rookies wit me had gone and disturbed a whole nest o' giant bugs! So as we runnin out like bats outta da fiery hells one o' dem suckas latches onto my pack tryin to bite me, I make it out but ma pack din't so now cuz o' them I gotta resupply everythin. But aside from dat I was lookin ta replace ma old and now lost bow, simple shortbow would do me fine. ya got any back der?"

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by Blazeguard »

tooleychris wrote:Barker to Thirgrim

"Well sure. I keep packs of smoke-dried meats made up just for travellers. An assortment of salted pork and smoke beef strips for a week will cost ya 8 bronze. But just between me and you, I've got a whole suckling pig I've salted and been smoking for 2 days now for an order that cancelled. Enough to feed 4 for a week, If you like pork well enough. I'll let it go and wrap it up for 20 bronze?"
"Mmmmmm...pork." Thorgrim gets a glazed look in his eye and then shakes himself out of his reverie after a few moments. "What the 'ell. That sounds like a right fine deal. That should keep me going for a few days." he adds as he pats his stomach. "Wrap it up, sir."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by tooleychris »

Daeghun to Varrick

"Of course I've got bows." snorts the elf.
" A simple bow will cost you 150 bronze. Arrows are a bronze each. How many may I get you?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by tooleychris »

Barker to Thirgrim

"That's a right good deal. I was afraid some might go to waste. Good business with ya."

Return to “Silverymoon”