Side thread for non-essential interactions

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Elizabeth Bay

#1 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac walks through town, with 100 new silver coins to spend. He gazes upon all of the shops with some level of interest, but does not readily show his excitement to those around him. His stomachs grumbles and his throat starts to feel dry. Looking towards the Tavern, he takes a step forward but then hesitates. Too much drink can rot the mind, the foods there are heavy as well, perhaps something a bit more safter to consume... He then looks upon the bakery and the fruit pies on display.

Ah yes, if there are fruit pies made then there must be fruit to be sold. Thinking back, Malfiac remembers from past experience that apples always did a fine job in satisfying his thirst as well as his hunger. He enters the bakery and nods towards the baker at the counter. Stepping up to said counter, Malfiac finally speaks for the first time out loud. "Enough apples for a week's journey outside of town, please." He pulls his coin purse out and shows the man that he has enough coin and then waits patiently.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#2 Post by tooleychris »

The Baker rubs flour from his hands and says "A week?" he laughs softly.
"These wouldn't be for your horse would they? How many apples can you or..the horse eat in a day? I can sell ya a bag of 5 for a bronze penny, but I'm afraid If you want more than 3 of such bags, they'd have to be...3 bronze each. Cutting into my pie profits after that. I also got some oranges in from a farm up north, but them will cost ya a bronze each."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:The Baker rubs flour from his hands and says "A week?" he laughs softly.
"These wouldn't be for your horse would they? How many apples can you or..the horse eat in a day? I can sell ya a bag of 5 for a bronze penny, but I'm afraid If you want more than 3 of such bags, they'd have to be...3 bronze each. Cutting into my pie profits after that. I also got some oranges in from a farm up north, but them will cost ya a bronze each."

"If profit be a concern, I'd be willing to pay the same amount as if they were pies, a bag of those oranges too. Do you know how long those oranges last?" Malfiac pulls out his coinpurse and counts out 15 bronze coins, 12 for the 3 bags of apples and 3 for the bag of oranges. "Will this be enough?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by tooleychris »

Baker to Malfiac
He shakes his head laughing again.
"That suits me fine. I'll even toss in a bag of dates for free. Them oranges are only 3 days off the tree. Should last a couple weeks, even in these tropics. Will you be wanting more later? I may need to increase my order."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:Baker to Malfiac
"That suits me fine. I'll even toss in a bag of dates for free. Them oranges are only 3 days off the tree. Should last a couple weeks, even in these tropics. Will you be wanting more later? I may need to increase my order."
He nods as he says this in reply. "Well, I do like my fruit. The next time I stop by, it will probably be for only a bag or so, to keep up my supply." Malfiac allows himself to share one of his rare smiles as he hands over the payment.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian wrote:
tooleychris wrote:Baker to Malfiac
He nods as he says this in reply. "Well, I do like my fruit. The next time I stop by, it will probably be for only a bag or so, to keep up my supply." Malfiac allows himself to share one of his rare smiles as he hands over the payment.
"I'll see you later, then. Back to work. I've got loaves in the oven for the temple. "

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Side thread for non-essential interactions

#7 Post by tooleychris »

Let's place RP stuff that is not important to everyone else here so not to clutter party threads.
Stuff like shopping in town, interactions when your character is alone with an NPC, ect....

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Side thread for non-essential interactions

#8 Post by Rukellian »

Thank you for moving the posts over Tooley. :)

Pulling an apple out of one of the bags, Malfiac bites into it with a crisp snapping sound, munching on its sweet juices. He rubs his face with his arm when he is done eating and then proceeds to retie the bag he opened. He will systematically place the bags of fruit into his bigger bag, and is amazed at how much it is able to carry while doing so. Peering inside, it is as if he barely even filled it up, and the weight, not nearly as heavy as the bags of fruit themselves! Interesting, he thought to himself. His contact with magic has been brief, but already he is in awe of it.

Heading back out to town, his stomach now at peace, the man starts to look for the local tailor, hoping to find some decent clothes to switch into, in comparison to the scruffy pair of patched up pants that he is currently only wearing, save his dagger strap vest and worn cloth shoes (fit for a beggar to boot). It does not take long for him to find such a shop, for there are wooden mannequins showing off pretty fabrics and clean work clothes of all sorts. Walking into said store, he starts to gawk at all of the clothing spread out, not entirely sure what he should be getting. The selection is overwhelming, at least to Malfiac. (Men and clothes shopping... you know, it just doesn't go together, am I right? :lol: )

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by tooleychris »

"Yes sir, please come in. I get a lot of clothes from Lashingport and make a good deal of my own as well. If you have the coin, I'll find the fit...I'm Martha, by the by..." she says and then eyes your current clothes.
" You DO have the coin...yes?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac nods his head and produces his coinpurse full of silver, showing her its contents. "I don't need anything extravagent for I am no noble. But I would like something decent enough to wear around town. Can you find something that would fit me?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by tooleychris »

"I have just the thing." she says going to two wardrobes.
"A nice, but sturdy pair of slacks, good material, this. And a light buttoned shirt. May I see your foot?"
She measures it using a display shoe and opens a trunk, digging through boots.
"These arent riding boots or made for hard labor, but they have a thick sole and should be good for you. The whole lot for a 100 BP? Ugh. And that bag. We should replace that foe you to, If you're to look a gentleman."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by Rukellian »

"Ah that won't be necessary miss," Malfiac says quckly with his hands raised. "I appreciate you helping me find a suitable set of clothing, and here is your payment for such *hands over 10 silver pieces* but I would also greatly appreciate it if the bag stays with me. It was a gift, and it holds much value to me. No offense to you and your trained eyes of such things, of course!"

-----

With his exchange with the tailor complete, Malfiac changes into his new civilian clothing and then heads out once more. He takes a mental note of what needs to be bought still before he can accept any assignments. "I probably won't be going out to battle with just this, i'm going to need some better protection, that and some traveling essential." The man looks to the local tannery and nods in approval. "Light armor means light on my feet, better to avoid attacks that way." He enters the shop and looks at the leathers on display, taking special interest in the Hard Leather presented.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by tooleychris »

"A fine suit." says the Tanner, seeing you looking.
"Made it myself. From a stud bull that died before its time. 300 bronze and it's yours. I'll even toss in a soft helm for free."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac nods as he finishes examining the hard leather, "Quality work indeed, well worth the coin. I can can certainly pay the 300 BP, however, the free helm does not sit well with me. Might I offer my old set of soft leather in exchange for said helm? I'm sure that you could salvage some leather straps from it. Would this arrangement be acceptable?" He hands over 30 silver coins while mentioning this.

Malfiac is slowly yet steadily showing his profiency in Common in his dealings with the townfolk and merchants, despite his gruff looking appearance and years spent in solitude. A glimpse from his past life slowly emerging perhaps?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by tooleychris »

Tanner to Malfiac:
"Never had someone turn down 'free' before." says the Tanner, examining the old leathers."But we've an accord. I can use some of this for belts, anyway."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:Tanner to Malfiac:
"Never had someone turn down 'free' before." says the Tanner, examining the old leathers."But we've an accord. I can use some of this for belts, anyway."
Malfiac nods his head once the arrangement has been made, he gives the tanner his 30 silver coins and his old soft leather while recieving his hard leather and helm. Looking at its fit, he wonder just how long it will take for him to put something like this on. "I've not tried on a new set of leather for some number of years, would you mind showing me how this goes together? These straps, I think they wrap around here, and this part here... like so?"

Malfiac will make sure he understand how to equip his new leathers and unequip them before he leaves the shop, giving the tanner his thanks on the way out.

-----

After having stored away his armor for future use, he makes his way to what appears to be a general goods store, Micah's Rugged Outdoors, a good place for his adventuring needs he thinks. Stepping inside the store (or towards the outside stall) he approaches what he assumes to be the owner of the place and takes notice that he is a dwarf. The only experience he has had with this kind was on the ship to Elizabeth Bay, and they were a rowdy bunch. Malfiac wonders how he is to speak to this one.

"Uhmm, excuse me, ...Master Dwarf? Could you perhaps help me in my selection of your wares here?" Malfiac says this with an awkward bow of the head as he tries to show proper respect. "I know not the outside dangers of this town as much as I should and any advice you can give me in what I should bring along would be much appreciated." He shows his coin purse of 60 silver, letting the merchant know that he has the coin.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by tooleychris »

The dwarf looks up and gives a huff.
" a'course I canelp ye, lad." he says in a rough voice.
"Twas a wanderin type meself, twas. "
He looks you up and down, then looks behind you to his door.
"Youaint allby yet lonesome, is ya? Me first bitto advice'd be git yousome 'elp, if'n yous goin anywheres offda roads."
He gets a far away look then comes back to the here and now.
"When Iwas first'ere, me anda couple lads wenta lookin fer our gold'n glory. Micah da onlyun a us comin back. Der be some shinies tuhbee had past da woods. Ders ruins dottinda landsa plenty. But taken it from me. If'n you be knowin boobytraps 'n such, you live longer. Dems ruins filledta da brim wit snags'n'snares. Nasty folk was liven der once'apona time, me thinks." he shakes his head and bellows a laugh.
"Miriam be sayin I talk a bit. Guessin shes righton dat. You be wanting ropes, maybe a tent'n'case'a rain er skeeters. Ders plenty'o game if'n you can hunt, but take some eats, in case. "

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by tooleychris »

Rafo finds a room in the Northend Inn and makes himself comfortable.
Taking off helm and setting weapons within his reach he settles in for a snooze.
The feather stuffed bed is a bit soft for his taste, and down right fluffy compared to the ships hammocks, but he manages to doze off.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac is barely able to make what the dwarf said and was able to pull a few key words out of his advice: tent, rope, traps.

He nods as he listens to the dwarf talk and points towards his wares as he takes a step forward. "I will need this tent then (small one for two), some of that rope (30 yds.) over there, a canteen and... ah, bandages, five sets of those please." Malfiac looks at the rest of the adventuring supply and takes notice of the torches too. "You think four bundles of those torches will be enough for a week or so?" Hoping to gleam some experience from this veteran adventurer, Malfiac wants to make sure that he does venture out short on anything.

When Malfiac finishes collecting everything, he asks how much coin this would cost.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by tooleychris »

Micah to Malfiac

" How many torches? " he says stroking his beard. "Well datbe dependin on if'n yous exlorin 'bove'er below.A good torcha lastya a coupa hours, a lamp'll hold oil fer a few nights. "
He starts doing figures in his head and counting fingers.
"Whatcha got'll runya 180 bronzies. Torches be a penny each and a lamp'n'oil be another 10. Whatchyer pleasure?"

Return to “Silverymoon”