Elizabeth Bay

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Elizabeth Bay

#41 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick will not give up! when we return from that mission I am finding that dancer. :x
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#42 Post by Tomcat42 »

tooleychris wrote:
Tomcat42 wrote: That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.
your sheet shows you have a short spear. Was that just to record the skill and there's NOT one in inventory?
Correct, couldn't afford the spear, starting out, so my sheet is skill only for that item. Same with my armor (although I've since picked some up). Will update my sheet at earliest. Don't recall seeing stat increase associated with the magic cloak I received on the ship re. armor. Thanks!
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by tooleychris »

Tomcat42 wrote:
tooleychris wrote:
Tomcat42 wrote: That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.
your sheet shows you have a short spear. Was that just to record the skill and there's NOT one in inventory?
Correct, couldn't afford the spear, starting out, so my sheet is skill only for that item. Same with my armor (although I've since picked some up). Will update my sheet at earliest. Don't recall seeing stat increase associated with the magic cloak I received on the ship re. armor. Thanks!
I added the cloak of protection to your character sheet. It provides armor equivalent to sturdy leather but won't disrupt skills or spell use.
Sorry about the spear thang. Guess I need to check inventory AS WELL AS coins spent
. :)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Rukellian »

With Malfiac all set, supply wise, and the other's getting around to it as well, he will return to the inn and wait for the others to finish. Before he leaves, he asks the group if there was anyone else who accompanied them on the ship with contracts. He is having a hard time recalling the details at the moment and wants to double check with the group. "There were lots of people on that ship, not sure how many were guards and how many were members of the crew. Were there any others who held similiar contracts like ours? Maybe we can get them to tag along with us, safety in numbers and all that."

Technically speaking, Malfiac does not know about Rafo, or has easily forgotten about him, one of the two. So I am playing his character off of that note.
Last edited by Rukellian on Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick will spend the next few hours at the tavern as dusk turns into night, having a good time with the people there and drinking as he waits for the others to get ready so they can go to Angela and request a mission.

He may or may not be there, depending on if he needs to walk a pretty girl home... Or to the back alley.... ;)
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by tooleychris »

Tomcat42 wrote:Caltus the mage

Caltus shakes the man's hand, with a bemused look on his face "Good to finally meet you, Varrick."

"I'm going to buy a spear and some trail rations while we're here in town and I should be ready to travel." he says, in reply to Thorgrim.

That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.
do you wish to goto weapons shop?

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#47 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

Caltus will proceed to the weapons shop for a spear before retiring to the Northrend.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rukellian »

Rukellian wrote:With Malfiac all set, supply wise, and the other's getting around to it as well, he will return to the inn and wait for the others to finish. Before he leaves, he asks the group if there was anyone else who accompanied them on the ship with contracts. He is having a hard time recalling the details at the moment and wants to double check with the group. "There were lots of people on that ship, not sure how many were guards and how many were members of the crew. Were there any others who held similiar contracts like ours? Maybe we can get them to tag along with us, safety in numbers and all that."

Technically speaking, Malfiac does not know about Rafo, or has easily forgotten about him, one of the two. So I am playing his character off of that note.
It would appear as if Malfiac is talking to either himself or the wall right now. Awkward... :lol:
Malfiac nods to Micah once more before leaving his shop, taking anything Thorgrim might have to say on the matter into consideration as the man leaves for the inn. The light outside is running out and he thinks it may be best to rest for the night before picking up his assignment.

-----

Back at the tavern, he arranges himself a room for the night through Sven the barkeep.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by tooleychris »

Tomcat42 wrote:Caltus the mage

Caltus will proceed to the weapons shop for a spear before retiring to the Northrend.
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2385&p=79009#p79009

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian wrote: It would appear as if Malfiac is talking to either himself or the wall right now. Awkward... :lol:.
They're just not use to Mal being so sociable :)

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#51 Post by Tomcat42 »

tooleychris wrote:
Rukellian wrote: It would appear as if Malfiac is talking to either himself or the wall right now. Awkward... :lol:.
Yep, I was sure Mal was borderline autistic :shock:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rukellian »

Tomcat42 wrote:
tooleychris wrote:
Yep, I was sure Mal was borderline autistic :shock:
He just didn't have much to say on the ship, that's all. That and he does not like pointless chatter unless it moves something along. Originally I did make him to be a cold silent person who was only concerned about himself and his freedom, but that had to change I realized. :lol:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by MonkeyWrench »

He just didn't have much to say on the ship, that's all. That and he does not like pointless chatter unless it moves something along. Originally I did make him to be a cold silent person who was only concerned about himself and his freedom, but that had to change I realized. :lol:
Varrick: Cours' it 'ad ta change, none a' ya can give ol' Varrick tha col' shoulda. :lol: :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac will sleep the night at the local inn and pay the necessary coin for the room. Upon waking up, the morning light his alarm, he dress himself up in his civilian clothing and pulls an orange out of his bag of holding to eat before heading out of his room. I am hoping that Rafo wakes up too, naturally, and that he will bump into Malfiac. I can start up a dialogue from there I think.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by Blazeguard »

With his shopping done Thorgrim finds himself back at the Northend Inn. He vaguely remembers Micah but is hoping for the chance to talk to him some more. He will nurse a couple of ales and keep an ear out for any particularly intriguing rumors. After that he will retire for the night.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#56 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

Will do his best mosey over to the Northend inn and secure a room for the night.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rukellian »

Going to pull sort of a cheap trick here and just assume that Malfiac has met Rafo by now and that there was an agreement for him to join the group.

-----

After having fully waked up and finished his morning meal over talks with Rafo, Malfiac will remain seated at one of the open tables in the tavern. He waits patiently for Varrick and the others to arrive before heading out to recieve his first assignment, the group's first assignment from the look of things.

After having waited a few minutes, a question pops into mind; Malfiac decides to chat with Sven to see if he knows the answer to his question. He gets up from his chair and heads on over to counter, leaning slightly forward to show that he wanted to talk.

"I have a question to ask, if you don't mind listening." Malfica pauses for a moment before continuing, making sure it is alright, "We are to report to Advisor Angela for our first assignment here. Is there an expected way to present one's self, anything that we shouldn't do or remember to do, words that should be left unspoken, or perhaps a greeting that she would like to hear....? I'd be willing to pay for such information, if only to better present myself to such an important person in Elizabeth Bay."

If this conversation needs to be moved to the other thread, I will continue it there, other wise I will assume that anything that keeps the main story at hand moving forward will be posted here.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#58 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Tavern***

Calling out to Malfiac, after hearing his question to Sven,"there is no need for us to cow down and humble ourselves for Angela. She is an employer and not our mothers. More than likely she will send us on a very dangerous mission, and if all we come back or not will phase he in the least. We like the many that came before us are expendable. It is all about greed and power here at Elizabeth Bay mate. So I see no need to for all the fancy talk and gestures. Just be a man and man up."

Taking a big gulp of mead and lighting up a pipe he settles back into his chair. Soon he is lost in thoughts of home and the kin folk he left behind.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Rukellian »

"Ehehehe, either I need to work on my whispering or he has really good hearing. Still I am not one to act rudely in front of someone especially out of ignorance...." a scene from Malfiac's distant past floats to mind as the words he just spoke ring with a melody of deja vu. Even after his long isolation, it amazes him that he is still able to say the things he said long ago, as if he were still a... "no," he thought, "I must not think of such things now; I am here to serve Lord Byron. After I have secured my freedom, then perhaps there will be a time for such things."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by tooleychris »

As morning breaks and the adventurers gather in the tavern, as agreed, they notice they are one short.
As they wait they overhear a conversation between two local girls.
Brunette:"You's saying you actually seen'em?"
Blond:"Yes. Varrick was going into room C at the Northend."
Brunette: "Well, I'm sure glad 'e made it back safe'n'all."
Blond:"I thought you should know where he is."\
Brunette: "Aye, maybe let'em sleep a bit, den I go an see'em."
Blond:"Whatever, Im starved. Lets see if Barker has some pastries?"

The girls turn to leave.

"OKAY, we're back on. Whenever you guys are ready.

Return to “Silverymoon”