It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Varrick will not give up! when we return from that mission I am finding that dancer. :x

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:42 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
tooleychris wrote:
Tomcat42 wrote:
That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.


your sheet shows you have a short spear. Was that just to record the skill and there's NOT one in inventory?


Correct, couldn't afford the spear, starting out, so my sheet is skill only for that item. Same with my armor (although I've since picked some up). Will update my sheet at earliest. Don't recall seeing stat increase associated with the magic cloak I received on the ship re. armor. Thanks!

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Tomcat42 wrote:
tooleychris wrote:
Tomcat42 wrote:
That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.


your sheet shows you have a short spear. Was that just to record the skill and there's NOT one in inventory?


Correct, couldn't afford the spear, starting out, so my sheet is skill only for that item. Same with my armor (although I've since picked some up). Will update my sheet at earliest. Don't recall seeing stat increase associated with the magic cloak I received on the ship re. armor. Thanks!


I added the cloak of protection to your character sheet. It provides armor equivalent to sturdy leather but won't disrupt skills or spell use.
Sorry about the spear thang. Guess I need to check inventory AS WELL AS coins spent
. :)

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
With Malfiac all set, supply wise, and the other's getting around to it as well, he will return to the inn and wait for the others to finish. Before he leaves, he asks the group if there was anyone else who accompanied them on the ship with contracts. He is having a hard time recalling the details at the moment and wants to double check with the group. "There were lots of people on that ship, not sure how many were guards and how many were members of the crew. Were there any others who held similiar contracts like ours? Maybe we can get them to tag along with us, safety in numbers and all that."

Technically speaking, Malfiac does not know about Rafo, or has easily forgotten about him, one of the two. So I am playing his character off of that note.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Last edited by Rukellian on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Varrick will spend the next few hours at the tavern as dusk turns into night, having a good time with the people there and drinking as he waits for the others to get ready so they can go to Angela and request a mission.

He may or may not be there, depending on if he needs to walk a pretty girl home... Or to the back alley.... ;)

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Tomcat42 wrote:
Caltus the mage

Caltus shakes the man's hand, with a bemused look on his face "Good to finally meet you, Varrick."

"I'm going to buy a spear and some trail rations while we're here in town and I should be ready to travel." he says, in reply to Thorgrim.

That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.

do you wish to goto weapons shop?

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:37 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus the mage

Caltus will proceed to the weapons shop for a spear before retiring to the Northrend.

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Rukellian wrote:
With Malfiac all set, supply wise, and the other's getting around to it as well, he will return to the inn and wait for the others to finish. Before he leaves, he asks the group if there was anyone else who accompanied them on the ship with contracts. He is having a hard time recalling the details at the moment and wants to double check with the group. "There were lots of people on that ship, not sure how many were guards and how many were members of the crew. Were there any others who held similiar contracts like ours? Maybe we can get them to tag along with us, safety in numbers and all that."

Technically speaking, Malfiac does not know about Rafo, or has easily forgotten about him, one of the two. So I am playing his character off of that note.


It would appear as if Malfiac is talking to either himself or the wall right now. Awkward... :lol:
Malfiac nods to Micah once more before leaving his shop, taking anything Thorgrim might have to say on the matter into consideration as the man leaves for the inn. The light outside is running out and he thinks it may be best to rest for the night before picking up his assignment.

-----

Back at the tavern, he arranges himself a room for the night through Sven the barkeep.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:30 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Tomcat42 wrote:
Caltus the mage

Caltus will proceed to the weapons shop for a spear before retiring to the Northrend.


http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2385&p=79009#p79009

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:34 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Rukellian wrote:
It would appear as if Malfiac is talking to either himself or the wall right now. Awkward... :lol:.

They're just not use to Mal being so sociable :)

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:36 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
tooleychris wrote:
Rukellian wrote:
It would appear as if Malfiac is talking to either himself or the wall right now. Awkward... :lol:.

They're just not use to Mal being so sociable :)


Yep, I was sure Mal was borderline autistic :shock:

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:09 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Tomcat42 wrote:
tooleychris wrote:
Rukellian wrote:
It would appear as if Malfiac is talking to either himself or the wall right now. Awkward... :lol:.

They're just not use to Mal being so sociable :)


Yep, I was sure Mal was borderline autistic :shock:


He just didn't have much to say on the ship, that's all. That and he does not like pointless chatter unless it moves something along. Originally I did make him to be a cold silent person who was only concerned about himself and his freedom, but that had to change I realized. :lol:

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Quote:
He just didn't have much to say on the ship, that's all. That and he does not like pointless chatter unless it moves something along. Originally I did make him to be a cold silent person who was only concerned about himself and his freedom, but that had to change I realized. :lol:


Varrick: Cours' it 'ad ta change, none a' ya can give ol' Varrick tha col' shoulda. :lol: :lol:

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Malfiac will sleep the night at the local inn and pay the necessary coin for the room. Upon waking up, the morning light his alarm, he dress himself up in his civilian clothing and pulls an orange out of his bag of holding to eat before heading out of his room. I am hoping that Rafo wakes up too, naturally, and that he will bump into Malfiac. I can start up a dialogue from there I think.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
With his shopping done Thorgrim finds himself back at the Northend Inn. He vaguely remembers Micah but is hoping for the chance to talk to him some more. He will nurse a couple of ales and keep an ear out for any particularly intriguing rumors. After that he will retire for the night.

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:26 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus the mage

Will do his best mosey over to the Northend inn and secure a room for the night.

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:36 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Going to pull sort of a cheap trick here and just assume that Malfiac has met Rafo by now and that there was an agreement for him to join the group.

-----

After having fully waked up and finished his morning meal over talks with Rafo, Malfiac will remain seated at one of the open tables in the tavern. He waits patiently for Varrick and the others to arrive before heading out to recieve his first assignment, the group's first assignment from the look of things.

After having waited a few minutes, a question pops into mind; Malfiac decides to chat with Sven to see if he knows the answer to his question. He gets up from his chair and heads on over to counter, leaning slightly forward to show that he wanted to talk.

"I have a question to ask, if you don't mind listening." Malfica pauses for a moment before continuing, making sure it is alright, "We are to report to Advisor Angela for our first assignment here. Is there an expected way to present one's self, anything that we shouldn't do or remember to do, words that should be left unspoken, or perhaps a greeting that she would like to hear....? I'd be willing to pay for such information, if only to better present myself to such an important person in Elizabeth Bay."

If this conversation needs to be moved to the other thread, I will continue it there, other wise I will assume that anything that keeps the main story at hand moving forward will be posted here.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:53 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 934
***Rafo, Tavern***

Calling out to Malfiac, after hearing his question to Sven,"there is no need for us to cow down and humble ourselves for Angela. She is an employer and not our mothers. More than likely she will send us on a very dangerous mission, and if all we come back or not will phase he in the least. We like the many that came before us are expendable. It is all about greed and power here at Elizabeth Bay mate. So I see no need to for all the fancy talk and gestures. Just be a man and man up."

Taking a big gulp of mead and lighting up a pipe he settles back into his chair. Soon he is lost in thoughts of home and the kin folk he left behind.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
"Ehehehe, either I need to work on my whispering or he has really good hearing. Still I am not one to act rudely in front of someone especially out of ignorance...." a scene from Malfiac's distant past floats to mind as the words he just spoke ring with a melody of deja vu. Even after his long isolation, it amazes him that he is still able to say the things he said long ago, as if he were still a... "no," he thought, "I must not think of such things now; I am here to serve Lord Byron. After I have secured my freedom, then perhaps there will be a time for such things."

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3555
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Image

As morning breaks and the adventurers gather in the tavern, as agreed, they notice they are one short.
As they wait they overhear a conversation between two local girls.
Brunette:"You's saying you actually seen'em?"
Blond:"Yes. Varrick was going into room C at the Northend."
Brunette: "Well, I'm sure glad 'e made it back safe'n'all."
Blond:"I thought you should know where he is."\
Brunette: "Aye, maybe let'em sleep a bit, den I go an see'em."
Blond:"Whatever, Im starved. Lets see if Barker has some pastries?"

The girls turn to leave.

"OKAY, we're back on. Whenever you guys are ready.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group