It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Image

Image

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Image

As promised, the crew and passengers are ferried to the main land docks.
You watch as those around you adapt to walking on solid ground for the first time in a couple of weeks.
A group of guards segregate the crew from the passengers and check the passengers contractual paperwork, telling them to go and stand before the table on the brick, right off the docks.
2 guards, an obvious knight in shining plate, a noble looking woman, an an officer of the militia gather before the table.
The guards open a chest and pile coins on the table and assume positions on either side.
The noble woman produces a scroll and unrolls it on the table.
The officer steps forward and calls for silence.

"I am Captain Brelaina." the officer begins. "I am Lord Byrons eyes and arm in Elizabeth Bay. I run the militia, assign patrols, manage the welfare of this town. To my left is my advisor, Angela. She is responsible for all goods coming into the city, placing craftsmen in housing, delegating the collection of taxes, paying for contracted labor. She will be the one most of you will answer to if you wish to collect your salary. "

Image

"To my right is Sir Nevall. He is responsible for seeing my orders to the militia carried out, schedules patrols, maintains civility within these walls, and hands out punishments. He will address you now."

The knight steps forward and in a heavy burly voice announces:"The laws of Lashingport are observed in Elizabeth Bay. Punishment for breaking those laws is much more extreme here. Theft in any form will leave you a right hand short. A second attempt will leave you a left hand short. Insighting any form of violent gathering will have your tongue removed. Providing false evidence against another will have your tongue removed. Price jacking is illegal here. What a blade cost in Lashingport, so shall it cost in Elizabeth Bay. Knowing breaking this law will have a fine of 100 silver. Drunken rowdiness will land you a 100 silver fine. Physical violence will land both or any parties a 100 silver fine. Rape will have more than your hand removed. Smuggling is the same as theft here. Murder will have you swimming in the bay with arms and legs tied. Most other crimes against morality will provide you with a 100 silver fine. Anyone not able to pay fines will have all belongings sold and spend 2 months in hard labor per 50 silver owed." He sighs and looks at each of those gathered. "Look. Honestly, compared to the population here, there are very few punishments given out anymore. A simple rule to live by: Don't do anything to others you don't want done to you, and, a piece of advice...don't get overly drunk. Follow these and you will fit right in." He steps back.

Image

Captain Brelaina steps forward again. "Okay. On to the more pleasant news. You who have contracts from lord Byron will receive your first months salary, right now. 100 silver pieces. You will have two days to rest from your travel before being required to check in for assignment. Yes. You will have assignments and not just wander around at your will. You may use this time and coin in any way you see fit, I am not your mother, but I would recommend purchasing supplies you will need to survive in the wilderness for the next month. If you are not productive when you check in with Angela, you will not be paid. You need not check in here in Elizabeth Bay every month. There is another settlement 2 weeks travel to the north where you may also check in. You need not check in every month.
Take as long as each assignment requires, as long as you are productive. If you are not productive, you are useless to Lord Byron. In Elizabeth Bay you will find most goods and services you would find in any city. Even more in many cases. Outside these walls are lawless in many cases. Don't expect hospitality from strangers in the wild. Don't expect the road to be empty between one place to the next. I promise, when you follow your assignments, you will be exploring new territories. These will have unpredictable and unknown creatures living within them. You are to map and to clear these lands to secure the safety of others. Frankly, I've heard tell of many explorers bringing back enough treasure as to no longer care for their salary. If you survive long enough to see such good fortune, I would recommend keeping it quiet.
Lady Angela can be found in the town hall between sun up and sun down. You may claim your assignments whenever you desire. If there are no questions, I will hand out your first months salary."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Malfiac, after waiting for the captain to finish, will step forward and produce his contract, laying it out on the table for the captain to see. Once he recieves his payment he will take the dirt paved path to the right of the docks and make his way to the town's gates.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
Thorgrim steps up and presents his contract to collect his salary. With his money in hand he will make his way into town and stroll through the streets, getting familiar with the town and where the different businesses, buildings, etc. are located.

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:19 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus the mage

Caltus will present his contract and draw his pay. Afterwards he will stroll about town until he catches sight of a tavern "A bit of port or sherry would do right nicely. Wash the taste of seawater out of my mouth!"

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:15 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 934
***Rafo, Elizabeth Bay***

Showing Angela his contract, Rafo smiles. When handed his 100 silver he heads toward the gates. When at the gates he mumbles to himself,"a woman captain? There must not be enough men in this town it seems. Or the men do not care for their women folk much to place them in such dangers. Humans..."

"I need a drink and food in my belly!" Heading off toward a tavern for meal and mead he sings a dwarven song of a battle long since fought.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
There are two taverns in town, The Kraven Kobold, and the Northend Inn. The Northends tavern section is currently closed for renovation but it has the only one night rooms for rent in town.
The Kraven Kobold is known for having a seedier crowd, while the Northend is rather upscale.
http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2370&p=76415#p76415

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
ive got a good part of the town mapped, sorry for delay but some files were corrupted and my dumb ass was too lazy to back'em up.
http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2370&p=76415#p76415

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
"If'n you don't be mindin, " says Malcolm to Angela, "Me'n Silvia take our assignments now, eh?"
Angela frowns "Just the pair of you, then? I usually recommend groups of atleast 3. I've got you set up with Kana and Eldario. "
"Beggin yet pardon, ma'am, but Silvie der is a right smart huntress, an I can Hol me own as s well. We'z been couped up in dat boat with a lota folk fer a spell an don't be needin more company fer a bit. We'z anxious ta git. " Malcolm replies.
"As you wish. I didn't bring assignments with me, but If you will meet me in the town hall within the hour, I will send you on your way then."

The passengers say there farewells and several groups break off to explore the town and spend some coin.

Your party finds some places of interest along the way and finally reaches the only currently open tavern in the Bay.
The Kraven Kobold

http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2370&p=76666#p76666

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The barkeeper wwelcomes you.
"Oy! Welcome to the Kobold. I be Sven. We got ale, wine, good food. Best girls in town. What can I do for ya?

Image

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 am 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 934
***Rafo, Elizabeth Bay***

After spending a good part of the day walking around town and buying supplies, Rafo heads to the Kobold tavern to get food, mead and a room for the next two nights. Having no interest in other women, gambling of other waste of time activities he finishes his meal, heads up to his room, secures all his gear and gets a bath. The warmth of the water relaxes him so much that he gets up and out of the bath, dries himself off and heads to the comfort of the waiting bed. Sleep finds him fast and it is under the covers that he spends the rest of the night.

I updated my character sheet with new items that were bought using the 100 silver.
How does armor work? I bought some leather/wood and it protects for 1d8. How does that work in combat?

Also, what is Rafo's base percent to use a medium crossbow? What is added to the 10% starting score? Strength x 2?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Thorgrim, Caltos, and Rafo sit down to a nice meal with a drink. 10 BP
They don't talk much, but do over hear another tables talk.

Image

Warrior 1:"I'm telling you" whispers one just loud enough. "I aint goin back there!"
Warrior 2:"Ralph was a wussy, says I. Gotta be more careful. He got what he earned."
Warrior 1:"Yeah, a spike trap 10' deep. And how many other pitfalls might we have found if we stayed?"
Warrior 2:"So we finds a good lad who knows traps. Is all we need. You know there's..." He notices others listening in..."C'mon. Too many ears here."
They get up to leave.

You finish your meal and Rafo decides to find a bed. The Kobold has no lodging, and the Northend Inn is the only place that rents rooms per night. A private room is 20 BP per night.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Malfiac makes his way to the local tavern, the one currently open, and steps inside. He is greeted by the sounds of music, shouts of frustration over a gambling game gone sour and the clinking of dishes and eating utensils. He spots a couple of the ship passengers from earlier and makes his way over to the table. He then breaks his long standing silence with the group and asks them a couple of simple questions. "Do any of you have an eye for traps? I shall be going out to recieve my assignment soon, but I would feel safer doing so with someone who can handle such devices. Perhaps another strong arm and a strong mind to accompany me?" He looks to the familiar faces in a patient manner as he then silently waits for a reply.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:42 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus the mage

Caltus hails Malfiac when he sees him enter "Malfiac! Come join us!" and offers him a chair. "I was just about to head over to the Northend for a room but I'm up for one more drink if you're joining us."

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
Thorgrim looks up, "Aye, 'tis safety in numbers there is. I'm no trap expert but my axe is sharp and quick and I am skilled in non-magical healing." He pulls out a chair, "Have you collected your assignment yet?"

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:32 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Malfiac respectfully raises a hand as he responds to Caltus' offer. "I will have to pass. Drinks do me no good, they only make my head fuzzy." Looking over to Thorgrim, Malfiac nods and then says, "Safety in numbers indeed. I've spoken to a few merchants here and there and a veteran adventurer made mention of the dangers of the ruins out there, many a traps and other nasty devices ready to be sprung. I was hoping to find someone who knew the things for I do not. Shall I search for such a person in your place? I have eaten my fair share of food today and I am done stocking up on supplies."

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
"While I can't speak for Caltus here, if you could find such a person, I'd count myself fortunate to join the both of you if you'd have me." Thorgrim replies.

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:35 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
As Thorgrim leaves to go shopping, Malfiac gets the sense that Caltus will not be as adept at traps or thievery for that matter. He kindly excuses himself and goes up to the barkeeep of the establishment, asking around if there be anyone who fit Malfiac's description of a team member with such knowledge and skill. (Will carry this over to the side thread for dialogue purposes.)

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:58 am
Posts: 6046
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Previous dialogue is in the non-essential character thread.

"Hahahaha, It's quite alright ya know, but ya friend is right once I be meetin wit ya otha friend and I get a feel for ya I will show ya to Varrick. He jus got back from some ruins tha otha day and told me there's probly treasure still left Haha!" Varrick then starts to head towards the door, looking back towards the two others, "Ya said ya friend was out gettin supplies? I know just where he at, only one shop here dat has all ya adventurin needs!"

Depending on if the two follow him he will walk towards Micah's shop, keeping an eye out for certain people and making detours when necessary to avoid them before arriving at the shop,(This is probably going to be a bit after Thorgrim enters and is dealing with Micah) He walks inside and carefully scans the area for anyone that might be in the shop and when he meets Micah's eyes he gives a subtle wink and brings his finger to his mouth in a "shh" form before saying aloud, "Micah! me and ma two new friends be lookin for their travlin buddy, a Dwarf dat knows how ta fight so I 'ear! by da way, ya seen Varrick yet? He tol me he was gonna come 'ere and get restocked."

To get rid of any confusion like what Tomcat had, Malfiac met a guy who said he knew Varrick, but before he would let him meet him he wanted to screen the whole group to make sure you all weren't bandits or something crazy ;)

_________________
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Elizabeth Bay
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Micahs shop is locked up.

Image

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group