Elizabeth Bay

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Elizabeth Bay

#21 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick knocks on the door a few times and waits a moment for Micah to answer.

If theres no response, "Well ain't tha a bit weird, Micah don't close up shop till late due ta tha adventurin people, I wonda what is goin on..." Varrick then goes towards the side of the shop and attempts to find some type of window to look through.

If there is nothing of import to be seen around the shop and if he cannot see into the shop he will turn towards the two others, "Well den... Let's go fin' tha otha shops and see what dey know eh?" Varrick will then go towards the next nearest shop and see if it is locked as well.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by tooleychris »

"Yeah Yeah. " gripes the famaliar voice of Micah within.
The door opens revealing the shopkeeper and another dwarf, Thorgrim, who is enjoying a mug.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick subtly winks to Micah and then says, "Micah, ya is 'ere! I thought I'd be finding ya dead body in tha alley! I got dese two 'ere wit me lookin fer a friend, suppos ta be a dwarf dat knows how ta fight, dey is also wantin to meet Varrick, ya seen him today yet? I 'eard he was comin to see ya bout restockin." A smile can be seen on Varricks face as he speaks.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by tooleychris »

"Verrick, uh?" says the dwarf stroking his beard.
"Didn't think no 'un butta guards an mayhap sum scorned lasses was a lookin fer dat scoundrel." Micah answers, his face going a little flush.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by MonkeyWrench »

"Hahahah Micah ya know Varrick almos as good as I do myself! But tha guards aint catchin 'im yet and the lasses alway calm down in time eh?" Varrick continues to laugh with Micah, He looks into the shop and then looks over to Malfiac and Caltus and says while pointing at the dwarf " Is dat ya frend ova ther?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac nods. "That would be the one." He raises an eyebrow upon mention of guards and lasses. "This Varrick person, he IS capable, yes? From the way you guys are going, it sounds like he is a more of a trouble maker than anything else."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by tooleychris »

"Trouble maker...no." replies Micah.
"Trouble FINDER... well dat might'n be more tada point."

where the heck has Rafo been? :)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by tooleychris »

Micahs Great Outdoors
A Gathering of Heroes -1

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by MonkeyWrench »

tooleychris wrote:"Trouble maker...no." replies Micah.
"Trouble FINDER... well dat might'n be more tada point."

where the heck has Rafo been? :)
Hahahah, Well ya know what dey say, where 'eres trouble 'eres usually treasure!" Varrick then looks among the group, a wide smile still planted onto his face, his eyes searching for hidden meanings as he look at each member of the group. "Well 'en, It seems ya be a diverse group, what ya plans for bein 'ere in Elizabeth Bay? Ya jus lookin for a fresh start or ya got some kinda noble aspiration?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Rukellian »

"My reasons are my own, but..." Malfiac produces his contract for the man to see, "I would at least be in service of Lord Byron. I shall be getting my assignment soon."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick looks at the document, "ya all really are fresh off da boat eh? well then..." He looks over to Micah with a knowing look and his smile turns into a small laugh before he turns to the others, "Well, I met ya and ya all seem to be good folk. I suppose itsa bout time for Varrick to meet ya eh?" He looks at Micah again before quietly telling him, "Thank ya fer not spillin tha beans eh?" and winks at him. He turns back to the group of three and extends his hand out, "Names Varrick! Nice ta meetcha! Hahaha, I'll be happy ta come along and show ya what's out der if ya still want meh!" Varrick is now laughing with a wide smile on his face with his hand extended out to the group for a handshake

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Rukellian »

A funny look flashes across Malfiac's face as his surprise becomes more than obvious. He then joins in the laughter, and extends his hand as well. "Well, pleasure to finally meet you, Varrick!" Tucking the contract back away in his sack, he looks to the others with a face that says, "can you believe it?!", still half smiling.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#33 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim looks back and forth between them several times with a quizzical look on his face and then steps forward and extends his hand. "Varrick, is it? Well met. So you're the one Malfiac tracked down to handle the traps for us, eh?" He examines Varrick for several minutes with a practiced eye and then gives a gruff nod. "Aye, if you be willing to take the lead, I'll not stand in your way."

He then looks around at the rest, "Has everyone gotten their equipment? I was just finishing up with Micah here. What was the final tally, there, Micah? I was also able to procure a whole suckling pig for a bard's song. I've enough rations to feed all of us for several days."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Elizabeth Bay***
I posted earlier that Rafo, after getting supplies, food and a bath he went to bed for the rest of the day. Hope party wakes him when they get done interacting with NPCs and the first mission begins.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the mage

Caltus shakes the man's hand, with a bemused look on his face "Good to finally meet you, Varrick."

"I'm going to buy a spear and some trail rations while we're here in town and I should be ready to travel." he says, in reply to Thorgrim.

That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Varrick shakes each person's hand, a wide smile still on his face,"Aight that'd be no prolbem a' all. Wot say ya all get ya selves ready an' den we can hit up Angela fer ya assignments. I alway do love seein Angela, I wouldn' mind if she hit me up fer sumthin else if ya got ma meaning eh? Hahaha" Varrick then starts to head towards the door, "When ya all settled in come fin' me at Sven's place, den we can go see Angie fer ya next move."

Varrick will then head to the Kraven Kobold tavern and drink a bit more and flirt with the girls that are present there, keeping watch for a certain someone, and possibly bringing one girl if not more "upstairs"(Read as out back in the dirty alley where no one will be looking) As he waits for everyone to get settled in And hopefully give them time to remember about Rafo who is sleeping at the Inn 8-) :lol: :oops:

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by tooleychris »

Tomcat42 wrote: That's my imaginary spear in the picture. I take it everywhere.
your sheet shows you have a short spear. Was that just to record the skill and there's NOT one in inventory?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#38 Post by tooleychris »

As Varrick enters the Kraven Kobold one of the dancing girls is leaving.
She sees you and her face looks shocked for a moment then she smiles.
"Well, I see you're back. I'm heading.. home now but maybe I'll see you on my next shift?"

Varrick needs to make an IDEA roll (60)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#39 Post by MonkeyWrench »

[1d100] = 68

Well damn... I just barely missed it, so much for my quick thinking :roll:

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by tooleychris »

Dancer to Varrick

"Well I'm beat. Hope to catch you later." she smiles again and walks off.

Return to “Silverymoon”