Lashingport Chapter One

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Lashingport Chapter One

#81 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus, Elven mage

Caltus smiles in surprise "It is good to hear my mother tongue!" he replies in elven "I don't have occasion to speak it often these days." He bows and gestures to the cloak "I believe I'd prefer the cloak, even in red, over a spear. I hope our party does not have to rely upon my skills with a weapon." he says, laughingly. "A most generous gift. I thank you!" Caltus again bows to Sand.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#82 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Below***

Rafo, excuses himself with a long bow. Heading to his room he finishes up his smoke and tucks away his trusted wood and clay pipe. Gathering up all his gear he lies back down on the bed. Feeling real tiered he closes his eyes. "I must be getting too old for all this 'stuff'."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by tooleychris »

The shipmates go about their business.
Days turn to night. Night turns to day. Meals are taken. Duties done.
The passengers curfew is liftes since the attack.
A week goes by without further incident.
unless anyone makes small talk or other actions for this week I will be sstarting another thread called Elizabeth Bay shortly. You may make experience rolls for all skills used on the dice roller.Pick one skill used to auto increase. Roll a d100, If the total is more than your skill % you learn 1d6 % more in that skill. Oh, please pick 2 skills that increase by 1d8 instead of 1d6 and put an * by it as these won't change. They can be any skill.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#84 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus, the elven mage

I can't recall if Gera is a magic user or not. If I find out she is, then I'll engage her in conversation and see if she'd like to compare spellbooks and see if we can 'expand each other's horizons' (so to speak).

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by tooleychris »

Tomcat42 wrote:Caltus, the elven mage

I can't recall if Gera is a magic user or not. If I find out she is, then I'll engage her in conversation and see if she'd like to compare spellbooks and see if we can 'expand each other's horizons' (so to speak).
will send PM

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:The shipmates go about their business.
Days turn to night. Night turns to day. Meals are taken. Duties done.
The passengers curfew is liftes since the attack.
A week goes by without further incident.
unless anyone makes small talk or other actions for this week I will be sstarting another thread called Elizabeth Bay shortly. You may make experience rolls for all skills used on the dice roller.Pick one skill used to auto increase. Roll a d100, If the total is more than your skill % you learn 1d6 % more in that skill. Oh, please pick 2 skills that increase by 1d8 instead of 1d6 and put an * by it as these won't change. They can be any skill.
This will take some time to finish on my end, my apologies. I will try to get this done within the day, but no guaruntees due to my new work schedule.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by MrHemlocks »

So we pick 3 skills to raise? One that we used and two others? The one raises 1d6 while the two get 1d8? Does it matter which other two skills we pick? I am lost here on what to raise and by how much. Sorry :cry:
I edit my post with changes to skill changes. The one free skill change will go to net. [1d6] = 3

Javelin passes at [1d100] = 73 [1d8] = 1
Last edited by MrHemlocks on Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by tooleychris »

MrHemlocks wrote:So we pick 3 skills to raise? One that we used and two others? The one raises 1d6 while the two get 1d8? Does it matter which other two skills we pick? I am lost here on what to raise and by how much. Sorry :cry:
No worries MrHem, this is an unusual system and not familiar with alot of peeps.
You get one freebee to raise any skill.
Pick and mark 2 skills that will be raised by 1d8 when successfully used prior to experience check rolls.
EVERY skill but the freebee MUST have been successfully used to be raised.
You only raise skills you've used in the thread prior to the experience check, except Tue freebee.

This gives incentive to use more skills during adventures.

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#89 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus, the elven mage
Knowledge, Arcana & Dodge selected as my 2 'auto' skills. Hide is selected for my freebie. Roll for freebie: [1d100] = 99 for check, [1d6] = 1 % add. Roll for Knowledge, Arcana increase (only skill rolled for this thread): [1d8] = 2 % increase for used skill. Let me know if I missed any steps here. Thanks.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac bides his time in the quarters, practicing physik, hoping to use it more in the future. He finds an oppurtunity to do so with Axle and barely succeeded. He doesn't say much during the rest of the trip, in fact, he hasn't said anything at all. Every now and then, he will nod to those that he passes by, as a show of recognition that the person is there, but that is it.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by tooleychris »

The captain calls the passengers and crew above decks for a meeting.
"We near the end of yet another adventure, my shipmates, my friends." he says as some of the sailors bring a cask topside and begin pouring mugs of wine.
"Tis always been a tradition on my vessel that the end of a story be a happy one. With wine. Good wine, mind ye! to celebrate a bunch of good men...and lasses...putting more coin in my pocket so I can put some in yours. Every day we succeed , every person or piece of cargo we deliver, improves my name and the name of this ship. This ship has no name without you, her lifeblood. Her ship mates. Your feet pounding her decks is her heartbeat."
Everyone is given a mug and he raises it in salute. "To the heartbeat. May she ever beat loudly!"
"HERE! HERE!" the regular crew shout and empty their mugs.
"Must a my crew has been here at least once." he continues. "Those of you that aint, and the passengers and guards that aint, you'd be wise to listen to me now. Elizabeth Bay is the safest port a call Ive ever made berth. Crime is rare because punishment is sever. You'd be wise to not break any laws here, but feel safe while within her walls. Some a you passengers are here to explore. I won't see most of you, if any, again. Becsuse you are not gonna stay in those walls. You may have been told this place is unsettled, unexplored. I'm telling you that outside the walls of Elizabeth Bay is ancient. Ancient beyond all records. This land once thrived and was densely populated. There are ruins dotting the landscape here that were built by real people, whether they be elves, men, dwarves, or what have ya. But these people aint here no more. Only the nightmares they unleashed. "
The captain sighs and takes another drink.
"Every time we make berth here, the stories grow. Wild eyed men and lasses tellin tales of critters yer parents told you didn't exist. Fairy tales come to true. I know this will excite most of ya. Thats why you be here. I just don't wanna send ya out thinking you'd be all alone out there. You won't!"
He clears his throat and finds a smile.
"The good news is we will weigh anchor in the mourn. within sight of the city itself. Elizabeth hold 1200 souls. Mostly craftsman. Bakers, clothiers, tanners, laborers. Prices are fixed in the city so you can't be taken advantage of. Outside the walls is another matter. Their are farmsteads, small settlements, and homes here and there. Too many for the guards to patrol or protect. Crime outside the city is rampant. A hundred more like you have come before. Some die. Some find more profitable livings outside your lords task. These live by the sword. Be careful, my friends. Once we anchor, a ferry will come to unload passengers, crew, guards, and then the goods. My crew is allowed 2 days leave. You are not to leave the city, crewmen! Those of you under contract will receive your first payment. I'd suggest spending this on things you will need and DON'T want to pay five times more for outside the city. That's it. Let's take some rest. You've earned it. Any questions?"

The dawn breaks and those of you watching see a small landmass appear over the horizon with the sun. It grows as more of it comes into view, until a massive landmass forms. The journey has come to an end and a new one begins..

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#92 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus the elven mage

Caltus raises his mug "I drink to you and your crew's continued good fortune!" he addresses the ship's captain "And hope for the same for all of us who are soon disembarking!"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac raises his mug as well, nodding silently towards the toast. Upon stepping off of the ship, he will firmly keep hold of his bag and sling it over his shoulder, looking for a tailor shop to outfit him some proper attire. If he cannot readily see one, he will travel the main roads until he reaches the merchant's area, showing his contract to those who may ask of his business. (I should probably ask if he has been given his first payment yet, this could determine where he goes in place of his original idea.)

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#94 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim raises his mug in salute, "May your axe always stay sharp, your mug always be full, and your forge burn hot."

As he disembarks he quietly murmurs, "'Tis good to have my feet back on solid ground."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#95 Post by tooleychris »

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#96 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Top Side Boat***

Waking early and gathering his gear he walks along the beaten floors of the belly of the ship. Passing by each of the rooms his fellow mates sleep until he reaches the steps Than without looking back he heads up to the top deck. Scanning out an over the railing he sees land. Hopping his stay will only be a temporary one. Pulling out a necklace and opening the compartment door reveals pictures of his wife and four youngsters. He smiles when looking at how all their beards are weak when compared to his own. "What a beautiful day"

Eating a hearty meal and lighting up a smoke he waits for the other to awaken and for him to get off this blasted ship!

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#97 Post by Tomcat42 »

Hem, we're on a new chapter (we're off the boat). It's a little lower on the list. viewtopic.php?f=99&t=2366

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by tooleychris »

And locked

Return to “Silverymoon”