It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Malfiac takes action and starts to climb down the rope. He doesn't know exactly was is down there, but he surmises that they are unwanted guests and prepares for imminent combat.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Above decks

Kuo-Toa resistance roll [1d100] = 68
A Kuo-Toa slinks head first into the deck, sliding nearly to the edge, falling in deep slumber as the last jumps into the murky depths.
The Kuo-Toa that fell asleep at Axles feet earlier begins to his and twitch as If suffering a nightmare.
The crew has won the day! As the cheering dies down you begin to hear a bubbling noise coming from the capsized Hull floating next to your ship.

Below decks (cargo hold ) coming soon

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
As Malfiac bravely climbs into the darkness he notices the temperature drop by quite a bit, then sees why. Kana follows him down the ladder and they see the deck and part of the hull is covered in ice! It's tropic warm outside and even more so throughout the rest of the ship, so this is very unusual.
The grinding is definitely coming from the hull right by the hatch.
Image

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:53 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Then, suddenly, the grinding comes to a halt. A couple of loud taps follow.
Kana unslings her mace. "What devilry is this?"
The tapping stops and a loud crash breaks thru the icy hull leaving a large hole where two strange creatures climb thru, and are very surprised to see you!
Strangely, water does not flow in with them.
Actions and rolls for this surprise round.

Image

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:50 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Malifiac
Dex: 10
Attacks the strange beast with a Dagger (71%) rolls:attack roll [1d100] = 83
Dodge (86%) rolls: dodge roll [1d100] = 46

Taken aback by the sight of those strange creatures, Malfiac looks towards Kana and then back to the creatures quick like, and then uses his dagger and attacks the one closest to him out of fear.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:25 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Kana, looking quite disgusted, pummels the first to exit the hole, Kana mace roll [1d100] = 11 damage [1d6] = 4+2 knocking it unconscious.
Malfiac, bolstered by the creatures defenseless state, drives his dagger through its chest. Brackish blood steams on the ice underfoot.
The second slimy creature hisses in surprise and quickly scrambles to its feet to defend itself. Another of the sea devils pokes its head through the hole and scrambles through.
"What the blazes was that?" calls Sand, the merchant, from atop the ladder.
Malfiac would have missed that roll, but Kana acting first due to higher DEX, subdued it first. Surprise round over.
Round 1 actions and rolls please.

Anything happening topside?

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:52 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus (14)

There is trouble below! Caltus yells to those on deck. Caltus emerges from the steps and moves to his left out of the way of whatever throng is making their way below. Axle, these two here (gestering to the two sleeping uglies) are spellbound for now but will not remain so for long.

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:12 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Axle looks to the two, then to Caltus and smiles. "Fish 'ina ' barrel, mate!" he says twirling his hand axe and heading to the first.
"Micah! Arron! " the first mate shouts to two guards. "Get you below and see what's what! "
The two guards move toward Caltus and the stair.
"And some'un see ta dat wreck!" shouts the captain. "Get it off my bow lest there be more of'em hiding neath it, aye?"
The first mate climbs down the stairs and shouts to two other guards:
You two sweep dis gore from me decks! Get dem bodies o'er board! Maybe puts some fire on that overturned boat, captain?"

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Malfiac
Dex: 10
Continues his assault on fish beasts, attacking another close by with this dagger (71%) rolls: attack roll [1d100] = 34
Dodge (86%) rolls: : dodge roll [1d100] = 41

Finally being able to get the work out he needed, the ex-prisoner takes to the battle with a little more fierceness, striking with an attack of dagger damage with bonus [1d4] = 2+2+[1d4] = 3 against the fish beast. He does not allow any emotion show in his face as he engages in battle, it was impersonal, the result necessary to further his obedience to contract.

Dagger damage, with bonus added, yields a result of 7 right now.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The one Kuo -Toa on his feet brings a long, boney knife to bare on Kana and springs at her!
Kuo-Toa #2 Attack [1d100] = 73 Damage [1d4] = 2+1 but she dodges to the side and swings her mace, dragging it across the creatures face, removing flesh.
Kana mace roll [1d100] = 34 damage [1d6] = 5+2
Kana Major wounds roll [1d100] = 63
The pathetic thing spins from the attack with blood in its eyes and is unable to dodge a lethal blow from the calm Malfiac. The crying creature crumbles to the deck to join its other dead companion.
The third Kuo -Toa, seeing the results of this failed attack, squirms back through the hole and shrieks in an undecipherable language.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
Malfiac shall remain where he is; he will not give chase to the sea creature. If there is no more activity he will clean his dagger, sheaf it, and then return to the lower deck and wait for further orders.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 597
Thorgrim pokes his head below deck and takes a quick look around. "Didn't leave any for me?" he jokes. "Any idea what they were after?"

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:22 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus (14)

Caltus will go below, curious as to what threat was raised. When he sees the strange ice portal yawning from the ship's outer hull he will immediately bolt for the upper deck. "Wait! Wait! Do not set fire to the wreck! Captain, wait! Tell your men to stop!

Emerging, short of breath from the hold, he will beseech the captain "Captain, you cannot burn the wreck yet! It is joined to your hull, below."

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Blazeguard wrote:
Thorgrim pokes his head below deck and takes a quick look around. "Didn't leave any for me?" he jokes. "Any idea what they were after?"


Guard"There have been a couple of ships that have...disappeared, over the last couple of years. The powers that be suspect pirates, which is why they've started rotating soldiers to and from Elizabeth Bay via cargo ships. You can bet these frog men didn't expect such a strinformation force on board. "

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:51 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Tomcat42 wrote:
Caltus (14)

Caltus will go below, curious as to what threat was raised. When he sees the strange ice portal yawning from the ship's outer hull he will immediately bolt for the upper deck. "Wait! Wait! Do not set fire to the wreck! Captain, wait! Tell your men to stop!

Emerging, short of breath from the hold, he will beseech the captain "Captain, you cannot burn the wreck yet! It is joined to your hull, below."


The first mate, with a flaming harpoon in hand, pauses. He looks over the edge and notices something strange.
"Aye, captain. There is....ice in the water, sure enough!"
Image

"They breached the hull?!" shouts the captain. "Take some men and see about patching the damage, mister!"
Then to Caltus:"A god eye, sir. You may have just saved the ship...twice! When this mess is cleaned up, you and your fellow passengers come see me."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Meanwhile below decks...

Malfiac and Kana are joined by 2 of the sailors.
Sailor 1:"Blimey If that ain't damn peculiar! "
Sailor 2: Places his hand on the icy hull. Strangest thang I'd ever did seen!"
Sailor 1: examines the damage."Rough cut, it be. But ease enough in fixin, me thinks. Pull some planks from below, nuttin for it but ta patch."
Sailor 2: To Malfiac and Kana: "The hatch below being under them things you killed. Clear'em out so we can getta work, eh?"

The sailors help slide the bodies off the hatch.
MAlfiac needs to make a luck roll (50%)

Once the hatch is clear they open it. Sailor 1 jumps down and starts handing up a bag of tools and planks of wood.
Sailor 2: To Kana "Go on up and tell day first mate ders a hole fer patchin. WEez on it, eh?"

Kana sighs and climbs the rope ladder to the quarters.
Sailor 2: to Malfiac Be a good lad an hold dis board up'ere free me so I can nails it in?"
Sailor 1 climbs back up. "I gots some pitch fer patchin but need ta go to da kitchen and heats it up."
Sailor 2: "Nah. Hand it up ta Dunkin. He can soften it while we hammer, savvy? "

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4866
Location: US East Coast
[1d100] = 19

My luck roll.

Malfiac holds up the board for the sailor and nods showing that it is firmly in place and ready to be hammered on.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:20 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 934
***Rafo, Topside Ship, Fighting Fishmen***

Hearing the report that the other vessel is frozen to the hall of this ship sends chills down the back of Rafo. "Like hell if I am to drown in these waters. Not today ladies, not today!" Securing his gear, Rafo looks for a life boat and heads in its direction.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:03 am 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm
Posts: 310
Caltus

Caltus returns below decks to assist and keep an eye on the ice tunnel.

_________________
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3558
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
MrHemlocks wrote:
***Rafo, Topside Ship, Fighting Fishmen***

Hearing the report that the other vessel is frozen to the hall of this ship sends chills down the back of Rafo. "Like hell if I am to drown in these waters. Not today ladies, not today!" Securing his gear, Rafo looks for a life boat and heads in its direction.


There are 4 10 man boats. They are not provisioned and are more likely used for going ashore.
The guards pile up the bodies of the fishmen and begin dumping buckets on the brackish bloodstains.
Axle nurses a wounded hand and is told to see out Dunken below decks to get patched up.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group