Lashingport Chapter One

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Lashingport Chapter One

#61 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim jumps down and steps in to lend a hand patching the hole.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#62 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Topside Boat***

Asking one of the ship hands to help him prep the dingy, Rafo waits to see how things turn out after separating the two boats. "I am not going to drown!"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#63 Post by tooleychris »

MrHemlocks wrote:***Rafo, Topside Boat***

Asking one of the ship hands to help him prep the dingy, Rafo waits to see how things turn out after separating the two boats. "I am not going to drown!"
Easy, master dwarf. " shouts the captain, stepping down from the wheel.
"I ain't lost a ship I've commanded. Ain't gonna lose this one. Why don't you aid in dropping them bodies over board, eh? Or return to the berthing, If you prefer. Your curfew is officially over. "

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#64 Post by tooleychris »

Blazeguard wrote:Thorgrim jumps down and steps in to lend a hand patching the hole.
As the veteran dwarf descends the stairs to the berthing level and makes his way to the cargo hatch he sees Sand the merchant, Kana the warrior, Eldario the archer, Gera the sorcerer, and a guard standing over the open hatch.
Duncan the cook approaces and lowers a bucket of bubbling black goo, that you pray isn't dinner, to two crewmen and Malfiac below. The crewmen apply the goop to the planks they've patched the hole with and place 2 timbers as a brace against the hull and floor decking. There is also the now familiar smell of gutted fishmen lingering over the odor of acrid tar.
"That outta hold her good." says one of the sailors.
"Aye." says the other. "Should be tight."
The first sailor calls back up to the guard "Tell da cap we gots it fixed up. No leakin, as Long as Duncans pitch is as thick as his soup!"
"That'll be a half ration fer you tonight!" calls down Duncan, laughing.
The guard retreats to tell the captain the news.

Topside, the bodies are piled up and the decks are washed clean. Some crew and guards loot the bodies of the Kuo -Toa before pushing then into the Blue depths.
A guard comes up from the berthing and shouts to the captain: "Repairs complete sir. Quick work of it, it seems!"
"Get some harpoons on that wreck and push'er off my boat!" shouts the captain. "When it's clear, set fire to it! "

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#65 Post by tooleychris »

Does anyone wish to declare actions before they toss the bodies overboard or torch the wrecked boat?

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus, Elven Mage (14)

Caltus will pass the word that the captain wants to see everyone after the bodies are tossed overboard.
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#67 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Guarding the Dingy***

Lighting up a smoke and relaxing, Rafo has a uneasy feeling about setting the two ships apart. So, he stays put, sitting in the dingy and smoking away.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#68 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac shall remain with the ships crew, returning to the living quarters of the ship if nothing else needed to be done below deck. He keeps in his silence as he observes everyone else on the ship. His mind is elsewhere at the moment, thinking about a certain man, but he is still there.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim will head back topside to watch what happens.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#70 Post by tooleychris »

The gory mess above and below decks is cleaned off and pushed overboard.
Topside, the first mate pours oil on the wreck and, with the help of another sailor, pushes it off with long harpoons. Once your ship sails ahead a bit a flaming arrow is shot igniting the wreck. Many look on as it Burns, even a smoking dwarf.

The captain calls for the passenger's involved in the brawl and leads them below decks where he grabs Sand, the merchant, and leads you down a rope ladder into the cargo bay.
"Lords but I appreciate yer efforts in saving me ship." The captain says as you go. "You're a good bunch. Not like them lazy logs I usually haul to Elizabeth Bay."
"Excuse me sir," says Sand. "But I wasn't involved in the fight, why am I..."
"You, my good man." interrupts the captain, "Are gonna help me reward your saviors. "
He uses his knife to pry open one of the many crates.
"Captain! " complains Sand but is again interrupted.
"You see," says the salty sailor, "Old Sand here is a merchant in...more exotic items. Ain't that so?" he raises a hand to stop Sands answer. "He hires folk ta go grave robbin fer magical trinkets and Nik-Naks and has saved up a large shipment hoping ta triple his prices in Elizabeth Bay, or the other settlements, more likely. "
"Now hold on!" says Sand. " I'm an honest man. It just so happens there is a greater demand there. And If you think I'm paying these...people for doing their job.."
"Ah, but it ain't their job." says the captain. "They're passengers, as you well know. It was your GUARDS job to protect your precious cargo. I don't think them greenbacks even scored a hit. T'was these passengers did all the heavy lifting and you WILL thank them. Savvy?"
Sand looks back and forth between the captain, his crates, and the characters before breathing a heavy sigh and opening another crate.
"The captain was right. I do have a large haul this time. Each of you may pick one item. ONE!" Sand says pointedly to the captain who merely smiles.
Sand continues "There's quite a bit. " he says pulling a rolled parchment from the crate. "I've gotten it all categorized so it would be easier If each of you told me what type of item you might prefer?"

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Below Deck with Sand and Captain***

"Well, now let me see."Looking down at his worn and beaten javelin than lifting it up so Sand can better have a look at it, Rafo smiles."I need a new pointy stick. This one here has seen more than its share of use and needs to be replaced. What you say lad...have me a better one in that there box of yours?"

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac, not wanting to take something too much of value from the merchant, will grab a basic looking back for holding things, a sack to throw over his shoulder or something along those lines. He silently nods towards the captain and the merchant in appreciation and then steps back in line with the others.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by tooleychris »

"Let's see..." muses Sand scanning his list, "I know I had a listing for...pointy sticks...ah! A21." He searches the crates and pulls one free. Opening it, you can see it has a few short spears and a couple of Javelin packed in dry straw.
these are all random picks from my new BRP Treasure Generator
"Hmmm.. " Sand says looking at strange labels on each item.
"This spear does a bit of frost damage with each strike, this one does some shock damage on grievous hits." he continues removing items, "These 2 javelin teleport back to whomever throws them. Do you know what teleport means? Yes? Amazing. Ah, this spear... well, this one is a bit Long for someone so shor... of your stature. This javelin is finely crafted. It is well balanced and makes using it more simple. This one does a neat trick."
He holds a javelin out horizontal and says:"Varatu " everyone gathered jumps a bit as the javelin shrinks to the size of a feather quill. He smiles at the response and says "Neeskah " which causes the javelin to grow to normal size.
[dialog"]Do any of these 'pointy sticks' suit?"[/dialog]

To Malfiac he says:
"Delightful! I have several fine leather, basic bags in one of these crates. " he begins searching his list.
Malcolm peers over the crates side on tip toe. "Whatta 'bout dat bag der. " the halfling says indicating a worn looking but sturdy shoulder bag in the first crate. "Ain't pretty but it looks tough as dragon hide, it does."
Sand scowls at the halfling. "You wait your turn! The man deserves finer quality than that ragged pack. Let's see...Q5." Sand opens a larger crate that is indeed full of finely crated and polished bags of light soft leather. "Take your pick sir." says Sand, smiling much bigger than before.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#74 Post by Rukellian »

Malfiac still shows interest in the rugged bag, preferring durability over luxurious design. He puts his palm up as politely as he knows how, showing disinterest in the finer looking bags. After a moment of thought, the man then pulls out what few bronze coins he has left and shows it as a kindly gesture, an exchange for the rugged bag.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by MrHemlocks »

***Rafo, Below Deck with Sand and Captain***

Pointing at a javelin," this one here will do. That one right over there. The well balanced pointy stick that makes using it a bit easier."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#76 Post by tooleychris »

To Malfiac:
Sand sneers at the halfling once again. A hateful scowl.
"Keep your bronze pennies, sir." he spits snatching the bag from its crate and tossing it to Malfiac. I think you'll find this most useful. I know I have. It will hold a hundred pounds of anything you can fit in its opening...but won't weigh more than the bag itself. It is sturdy, very sturdy, but take a care not to place anything sharp inside lest it be ripped from within."

To Rafo:
"This should serve you well."(+10 to weapon skill)

Sand grudgingly hands out items to the rest of the passengers involved.
Malcolm gets a short sword that adds acid damage.
Silvia receives a dozen Very sharp crossbow bolts.
Axle, a balanced dagger.
Kana, a sheath that automatically sharpens her sword.
Bevil is rewarded an indestructible Long sword.

Sand looks to Caltus and Thorgrim and waits somewhat impatiently.
"Do neither of you wish to take advantage of...my hospitality? "

Tomcat42
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#77 Post by Tomcat42 »

Caltus, the Elven mage

"Would you perhaps have something in there that would hide me or better protect me from an attacker?" Caltus asks the merchant. "I am not the accomplished warrior my companions are," he adds "some protection in the way of light armor or some other method would be much welcomed!"
DM: "Black Dougal gasps 'Poison!' and falls to the floor. He looks dead."
Fredrik: "I'm grabbing his pack to carry treasure in."

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#78 Post by tooleychris »

Sand to Caltus:
The merchant speaks in perfect elven "Vedui' dalninuk. Natha leza korrle, udos. Nindol sel thac'zil skal'as lodias xuil udossta ji Usstan'bal sila've stath it'x ulu udossta Rilu'oh Usstan xun inbal fol."

He flips through his list..."I have a cloak...Let's see..ah..."
He opens a crate and pulls out a bind of folded red material.
"This will give you the protection of decent leathers, it's Very sturdy, but here. Feel its weight."
He opens it and hands the cloak to him. Light as a feather. Shouldn't interfere with movement at all. I even like the color on you. Other than that...oh, I do have a spear, since you appear to like them, that allows greater parrying. See how the blade is curved somewhat? It helps a great deal at knocking swords aside."

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by Blazeguard »

Thorgrim pauses while looking at his battle axe, "My axe has served me well and I am quite attached to it if truth be told but I would feel better if I had a solid coat of chain to bear the brunt of my enemies blows. Would you perchance have something along those lines?"

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#80 Post by tooleychris »

SAND to Thorgrim:

"Elizabeth Bay and the surrounding settlements are full of warriors who need good armor. Sadly for you they are mostly... taller and less built. I've but one suit of rings that would accommodate one of your...stature." he thumbs through his list until he finds what he sought.
"hmmm...It seems I'm mistaken. Well, I do have a suit of ringmail that is stronger than dragons hide, to quote our halfling friend. And a breast plate that should fit you as well."
He finds the right crate and begins pulling various suits of armor from it.
"Of course they HAVE to be at the bottom." he mutters and finally pulls the breast plate out. A small, shiney piece about the size of a dinner plate, with the emblem of a rising sun on it, engraved in silver.
"I know it doesn't look like much," says Sand, "But I assure you, it provides as much protection as a full breast plate and it allows you to mend your hurts a bit quicker. The only downside, perhaps, is that you have to wear it against your skin and can wear nothing over it, save for your beard, of course. Good thing we are headed for the tropics. Ah, here is the ring mail as well. It is quite pretty, and as I said, Very strong."

Return to “Silverymoon”