Silverymoon Speak Easy

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Silverymoon Speak Easy

#1 Post by tooleychris »

A place for players to say mean things about the chronicler... or just casually chat.
To quote DMW, Anything goes.

Blazeguard
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Silverymoon Speak Easy

#2 Post by Blazeguard »

Just thought I'd see what types of characters everyone is thinking of playing before I start building mine. I'm thinking of going with a classic dwarf fighter-type but I'm flexible if someone else would rather take that.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by tooleychris »

Oh! Oh! Will he Be rude? Short tempered? have an almost undecipherable Scottish accent? :lol:

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Rukellian »

:lol: Tooley, don't pressure the guy now, though those are the best kind....

Here is what I had in mind in a nutshell. A man was accused of a crime that he did not commit. The accusor was his brother, for reasons he still does not know. The man was sentenced to life in prison for this heinous crime, a short step away from the death penalty. For 12 years, he languished in his prison cell, drained of all will to try to prove his innocence, all the why building his body strength up, in typical prisoner like fashion. No one had tried to spring him out or persuade someone to release him during those long years. Then a messenger from Lord Byron appeared. He brought with him an oppurtunity of paying off the man's freedom, in exchange for his service. "Serve Lord Byron in any way he wishes, for as long as he wishes, and after your service to him is complete, you will be a free man. What say you?"

"I... accept." And thus he was turned into a contracted mercenary, with a fiery spirit in him rekindled, seeking to set the fires of revenge on those who wronged him, especially his brother.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian wrote::lol: Tooley, don't pressure the guy now, though those are the best kind.....
that's the kind I always play! :D
Thanks to Tolkien, I don't know any other!

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by tooleychris »

Rukellian wrote::lol: Tooley, don't pressure the guy now, though those are the best kind....

Here is what I had in mind in a nutshell. A man was accused of a crime that he did not commit. The accusor was his brother, for reasons he still does not know. The man was sentenced to life in prison for this heinous crime, a short step away from the death penalty. For 12 years, he languished in his prison cell, drained of all will to try to prove his innocence, all the why building his body strength up, in typical prisoner like fashion. No one had tried to spring him out or persuade someone to release him during those long years. Then a messenger from Lord Byron appeared. He brought with him an oppurtunity of paying off the man's freedom, in exchange for his service. "Serve Lord Byron in any way he wishes, for as long as he wishes, and after your service to him is complete, you will be a free man. What say you?"

"I... accept." And thus he was turned into a contracted mercenary, with a fiery spirit in him rekindled, seeking to set the fires of revenge on those who wronged him, especially his brother.
I like the story but will warn you, most if not all of this campaign will take place on another continent so finding a way to prove your innocence is sketchy...I've already got a myriad of ideas though.. :)

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by tooleychris »

I've had a couple questions about character generation that I want to air here in case others are confused. Rolling your character characteristics is dependant on race as shown on the chart in that thread.
Your starting bronze is 1d100+50+ your LUCK score.

'll like. Skills with a (#%) start out with that #
So brawl(25%) starts at 25%. If you put an additional 20% in that skill it would be 45%.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Rukellian »

tooleychris wrote:
Rukellian wrote::lol: Tooley, don't pressure the guy now, though those are the best kind....

I like the story but will warn you, most if not all of this campaign will take place on another continent so finding a way to prove your innocence is sketchy...I've already got a myriad of ideas though.. :)
I understand. The premise of such a backstory was not to give my character a solid/ultimate goal, it was more of a fuel for his rage, an explanation as to why he will act a certain way. He is cranky and he's already tasted betrayal and imprisonment. His main goal right now is to complete his service to Lord Byron and earn his freedom through this contract. But with that said, if he happens to run across someone connected to his unjust imprisonment, or anyone who might have been in contact with his brother, he will do more than just hunt them down, ruthlessly out of revenge. ;) But yeah, I'm not too worried about getting his revenge any time soon, being on a different continent and all that.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by tooleychris »

tooleychris wrote:
Rukellian wrote:

Code: Select all

Player Name:   Rukellian                Campaign #: 141
Character Name:_____Malfiac______
Race:__Human__
Age:____34____  Height:__6’4__  Weight:___213__  Gender:__Male__
Hair:___Brown___ Eyes:___Dark Brown___ Handed:___Right___
Distinct Features:___thin but well built, permanent set of handcuffs around wrists, rarely smiles___

Characteristics
STR:__13_  Effort Roll:__65_%                             Hit Points(CON+SIZE):__22_
CON:__7__ Stamina Roll:__35_%                        Major Wound (HP/2):__11__
SIZ:__15_    Damage Bonus:__28_%                  Magic Points(POW):__10__
INT:__13_   Idea Roll:__65_%           
POW:__10_ Luck Roll:__50_%                              Allegiance Points
DEX:__10_ Agility Roll:__50_%                             Light:______
APP:__9__ Reaction Roll:__45_%                        Neutrality: _______
MOV:__10_   Current MOV:__10_                        Shadow: ______
Skills
          COMMUNICATION(APP/2)                                     MENTAL(INT/2)
[] Bargain(05%)_______________ _____%                [] Appraise(15%)_______________ _____%
[] Command(05%)_____________ _____%                  [] Physik(30%)_________________ _____%
[] Disguise(01%)_______________ _____%               [] Gaming (INT+POW)___________ _____%
[] Etiquette(05%)______________ _____%               [] Knowledge(Arcane Lore)(INT)___ _____%
[] Fast Talk(05%)______________ _____%               [] Knowledge(Streetwise)(INT)____ _____%
[] Language, Native(____)_______ _____%              [] Knowledge(Religion Lore)(INT)_ _____%
[] Language(0%)______________ _____%                 [] Knowledge(Streetwise)(01%)___ _____%
[] Language(0%)______________ _____%                 [] Knowledge(Wilderness)(01%)___ _____%
[] Language(0%)______________ _____%                 [] Knowledge(Politics)(01%)______ _____%
[] Perform(05%)______________ _____%                 [] Knowledge(History)(01%)______ _____%
[] Perform(05%)______________ _____%                 [] Literacy(0%)_________________ _____%
[] Perform(05%)______________ _____%                 [] Literacy(0%)_________________ _____%
[] Persuade(15%)_____________ _____%                 [] Literacy(0%)__________________ _____%
[] Status(0%)_________________ _____%                [] Mapping(25%)________________ _____%
[] Teach(05%)________________ _____%                 [] Research(25%)________________ _____%
          MANIPULATION(DEX/2)                        [] Scribe Magic(0%)______________ _____%
[] ART(05%)__________________ _____%                         PERCEPTION(POW/2)
[] Craft(05%)_________________ _____%                 [] Insight(5%)__________________ _____%
[] Craft(05%)_________________ _____%                 [] Listen(25%)__________________ _____%
[] Fly (1/2 DEX%)______________ _____%                [] Navigate(10%)________________ _____%
[] Siege Gear(01%)_____________ _____%                [] Sense(10%)__________________ _____%
[] Pick Lock(05%)_______________ _____%               [] Spot(0%)___________________ _____%
[] Pick Pocket(05%)_____________ _____%               [] Track(0%)__________________ _____%
[] Repair(15%)_________________ _____%                
[] Repair(15%)_________________ _____%               
[] Traps(15%)__________________ _____%               
                                         PHYSICAL(STR/2)
[] Climb(40%)_________________ __40_%             [] Dodge(DEXx2%)______________ __40_%
[] Drive(20%)__________________ _____%            [] Hide(10%)___________________ __20_%
[] Ride(05%)__________________ __10_%             [] Stealth(10%)__________________ _____%
[] Swim(25%)___________________ __30_%            [] Throw (25%)__________________ __20_%
[] Brawl(25%)__________________ __40_%            [] Backstab(0%)_________________ _____%
[] Grapple(25%)_________________ __25_%           [] Shield (25%)_________________ __20_%
*Note: extra 20 points obtained due to age as per rules in BRP guide
WEAPON TYPE          ATTACK/PARRY                         DAMAGE      RANGE    LENGTH     HAND    HP         SPECIAL
[]___Dagger______    _____60____%     __Yes__        _1d4+2+1d4_              __Short_    _One_  _15_ __________________
[]_______________    ___________%     _______     _____    _______    _____  ___ __________________
[]_______________    ___________%     _______     _____    _______    _____  ___ __________________

ARMOR                 DAMAGE          TIME TO
TYPE                  DEFLECTED        EQUIP       BURDEN     SPECIAL
__Soft Leather__      __1d4-1__       _5 rounds_     _Light_     __no effect on skills__

SHIELD TYPE           SKILL    HP         DAMAGE      SPECIAL
________________    _______%  ____       _______       ______________________________

BRONZE:___15____   SILVER:__________  GOLD:__________   

EQUIPMENT         LOCATION        EQUIPMENT         LOCATION     EQUIPMENT         LOCATION   
____Dagger_____  ___on person__       _______________  __________    _______________  __________ 
___Soft Leather__  __on person__       _______________  __________    _______________  __________ 
_______________  __________       _______________  __________    _______________  __________ 
_______________  __________       _______________  __________    _______________  __________ 
Mem SPELLS                LVL   RANGE     DURATION    RESISTANCE    EFFECT
   [ ]    ______________  ___  ______    _________    __________    _______________________________
   [ ]    ______________  ___  ______    _________    __________    _______________________________
Okay. I think I found something else you'll like. Skills with a (#%) start out with that #
So brawl(25%) starts at 25%. If you put an additional 20% in that skill it would be 45%.
Dodge(DEXx 2) in your case would start at 20%. I havnt done your math but wanted to make sure you're aware.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by tooleychris »

Looks like the roster so far includes:
A human scrapper
A dwarf tank

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by Rukellian »

Just to keep things going for this thread while recruitment is under way, here is a question. How prominent will the alignment system be in your campaign. Will we be seeing some opportunities that allow us to make use of any accumulated loyalty points? Or will it just be a standard entry into a character sheet, that may or may not be used?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by tooleychris »

Part of this campaign is about watching your characters grow. Not just weeks of eeking out enough XP to finally achieve "level 2" but to grow in power, renown, prestige, politics/commerce/religion /leadership (if that's your goal ), to perhaps make a name for your character.
Some of that growth could involve becoming an agent of the shadow or a champion of the light. So yes. Allegiance points can make a difference and MAY affect relationships with other characters and NPCs. But don't think that your character is in any way bound to act appropriate to his /her allegiance.
There is no "alignment " restrictions in this campaign. You won't be penalized for going against your proposed demeanor and will probably be rewarded for RP over following any such predetermined philosophys. (Unless such restrictions ARE a part of character concept, like a moral code.) ;)

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by MrHemlocks »

How do I access the character sheet you provide for us? Whenever I go to make a new character, using ID 141, I keep getting what looks to be a D&D character sheet. I created my character name and linked him campaign 141 but I'm not able to access the games character sheet...just a generic D&D one instaed :roll:
The only thing you'll need the dice roller character for is to store your Macros and rolls.
The rest of the sheet will be my custom sheet that I'll PM you and store it on the campaign thread for characters.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rukellian »

MrHemlocks wrote:How do I access the character sheet you provide for us? Whenever I go to make a new character, using ID 141, I keep getting what looks to be a D&D character sheet. I created my character name and linked him campaign 141 but I'm not able to access the games character sheet...just a generic D&D one instaed :roll:

I didn't make use of the roller for my character sheet; I used the one that tooley provided via PM. Using simple copy and paste I transferred the coded template to a word document or text edit and filled in the information that way. Once it looked satisfactory, I posted the template on to the campaign, making sure to keep the coding tags around the sheet.

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by tooleychris »

Yeah, what Ruke said. Just using the dice roller to create a character for storing dice rolls. Disregard Unseen Servants character sheet. That's for inferior systems :o
*Dodging hate bombs*

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by tooleychris »

Happy Turkey Day, fellow gamers!

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by MrHemlocks »

I must be blind but where are the classes?

tooleychris
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#18 Post by tooleychris »

No classes here, friend. I'm using a totally classless system. You will not be restricted in your skill choices by any such label but by the points you spend on skills.
If your dwarf wishes to learn how to pick a pocket or hide in shadows, he can.
If a caster type wishes to use a battle axe, he can.
Just follow the character generation here:
viewtopic.php?f=99&t=1958

and you'll be gold.

MrHemlocks
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by MrHemlocks »

My character is created and ready to play))

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by Rukellian »

I just got my chaosium books in yesterday! :D I will look over the core rules book, but in regards to the Magic World module I now have... how much of it can I look through? Any parts to avoid, spoilers for your campaign and all that?

Return to “Silverymoon”