It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3550
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
A guard gently nudges each of you awake.
"It's been 6 hours, sir. We haven't had a runner from the Iron Road. The captain figures the time is near...Please come with me."
The party dresses in armor and dons gear. Follow the guard to the keep exit. Another guard runs up as you leave with a basket of bread and fruit, as well as a cask of wine.
"The captain thinks you ain't eaten and sent this for the walk." he says and joins your escort.
You are led from the north gate down a lightly paved road toward the sloping hills.
After a bit you reach the captain who points out the bales of hay lining the road.

Attachment:
hoard 3.JPG
hoard 3.JPG [ 117.11 KiB | Viewed 83 times ]

"Not a bad piece of work, actually. " says the captain. "We often store bales like this from the fields for swift pick up. If the orcs know little of the time to harvest, we may have a nice surprise for them."

overhead
Attachment:
hoard3.JPG
hoard3.JPG [ 68.46 KiB | Viewed 83 times ]

"There hasn't been anyone out of the Iron Road for a few hours now, which is unusual. I'm figuring the orcs are soon to emerge." the captain says. His face then grows very grim and he approaches Joshua. "I don't know what deal you've made with these people for your aid." he says, nearly touching his nose to the necromancer. "I don't care.
But if you touch one of my fallen men after this battle is resolved....you better hope I died in the fray."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Throm "Don't worry your men and the townfolk are no part of the bargain. Dead orcs only was the deal."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3805
Location: Michigan
Craxzus- I shall scout ahead in hawk form. Remember one squawk it is safe. Two is danger and the direction I am flying is where the danger is coming from.
Three turn and run.



Shape shift spell
Knowledgde Arcane(55%)[1d100] = 44

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: The New World
Eirenaios tries to deescelate the situation getting between the two, Now now, with an approaching army, it's a bit silly to fight among ourselves. Now shall we kill an army?", he takes position behind the hay closer to the tunnel

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:22 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 596
Thorgrim takes a position closer to the tunnel as well so as to aid in cutting off the orc's retreat.

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:10 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Throm will also move into position close enough to be able to use his enchanted throwing axe.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:27 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3550
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The soldiers take their places within the hay bales and ypur party makes ready. An hour passes...two. The last rays of the sun twinkle out behind the mountains. The tension in the air hovers like a fog.
Craxzus' body does a weird folding dance as bones crack and feathers sprout from his skin. A hawk takes his place and launched into the darkened sky toward the Iron Road.
Those closest to the tunnel smell it before they hear of see anything. The vile musk of an army of orc. Then two small orcs peak from the tunnel. Scouting the road ahead. They look at eachother for a second and leap from the tunnel entrance, spears in hand. Ready to kill guards that arent there. They look around nervously. One walks down the gently descending road about 50 feet and motions to the orc left behind. An evil chuckle escapes it tusked lips and it hurries back into the tunnel. The remaining orc stoops and examines the gravel road, then moves to the raised bank surrounding the road. He pushes grass aside and examines the ground. Looking around again and seeming satisfied he skulks along the tall grass toward the towns gate, a couple miles away, not knowing so far an army awaits him.
(The bulk of the hay stacks and therefore the human army are about at the halfway point between the tunnel and the town)
Attachment:
hoard3.JPG
hoard3.JPG [ 68.46 KiB | Viewed 68 times ]

(I need to know where the characters will be and if the ones by the tunnel will follow the end of the army line.
If Craxzus will remain in bird form or..?

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 596
Thorgrim will remain close to the tunnel entrance, ready to cut off their retreat.

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Throm will take a position opposite of Thorgrim

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3805
Location: Michigan
Crtaxzus will land above the opening of the tunnel where there is good cover.


How many orcs can Craxzus get with his agony spell?

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3550
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
(The Agony spell, as most spells, only target one opponent per casting)

Another 20 minutes goes by before the orc who disappeared into the tunnel sticks its face out the entrance again. It looks around into the darkness and barks softly to itself. The other orc who scouted further down the road softly pads its way up the grassy bank in the distance and flashes something reflective that only those at the tunnel entrance can see. It flashes twice and them after a pause a third time. The orc at the entrance grunts quietly. He mumbles something to himself in the orcish tongue then lightly raps on the tunnel wall twice. Pauses and raps a third time. You can hear it echo down into the depths.
Then the orc by the tunnel entrance mouths some more orcish gibberish and makes a few hand gestures, while removing its stinking furs and places his spear to the side of the road. As you watch its body contorts. It's arms lengthen, bend, and crack in unnatural angles. A black fur developes on its skin and it's torso folds into a ball. When complete a large bat remains in its place. It squeals and takes to the sky.
From within the tunnel the sounds of footfall can we heard. Too many to keep quiet in the tunnels.
An ogre sticks its snout out and lumbers through the exit. Orcs in a line 3 wide begin walking out of the tunnel and down the slope to the road toward town. 12...24...another ogre...36...another ogre pulling a wagon with a barrel on top..another ogre pushing the wagon...48 orcs...60...on an on they trod...120 orcs...another ogre...150...all wearing a mix match or leathers, furs, and mail. Carrying swords, axes, bows, and spears....
Attachment:
hoard2.JPG
hoard2.JPG [ 114.1 KiB | Viewed 58 times ]

Finally the last stragglers exit the tunnel and march toward the town.

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: The New World
Eirenaios waits patiently for the captain to declare the attack and Joshua to destroy the wagon with the device

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Throm waits impatiently for the signal to attack and Joshua to target the explosive device.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3805
Location: Michigan
Craxzus seeing the Orc take the form of a bat. Believing that it has the same warning signal as he has for his comrades. He will take to the sky after the bat.


What the attack rolls for the hawk?

*PM SENT*

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3550
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Craxzus the hawk quickly catches up to the large bat.

*The road from the Iron Road exit to the town gates is about 3 miles long. The hay bales were set up about halfway and stretch about a quarter mile. So if characters stay at the tunnel exit they will be about a mile from the warband. Just trying to clarify if the party, besides Craxzus, is waiting at the tunnel for retreating orcs or joining the fray? As soon as I have verification I'm ready to proceed*

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: The New World
Then Eirenaios will posaition himself a mile away from the exit, just at the end of the army's march

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
Ranger
Ranger

Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:00 am
Posts: 596
Thorgrim will wait for the orc army to exit the tunnel and will follow them up the road until they reach the ambush point, keeping a safe distance behind them.

_________________
Thorgrim Silverspike, Dwarf, Silverymoon (Basic RolePlaying)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:14 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17309
Location: Central Vermont
Throm still patiently awaits the signal for attack and the great explosion that is supposed to occur before the orcs reach the city walls.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3805
Location: Michigan
Craxzus will to wound the bad causing it to ground itself. Then turn quickly towards the trees for cover.

Hawk Claw[1d20] = 5, [1d2] = 2

Hawk Claws[1d20] = 6, [1d2] = 2

Hawk Bite[1d20] = 16, [1d3] = 3-bonus[1d6] = 5

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Warm Welcome
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3550
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The party creeps behind the orc army until the rows of hay stacks are barely visible in the moon lit valley.
Suddenly the night sky is lit for leagues! A rolling column of flame erupts from the center of the hoard! The wagon carrying the device is launched into the air a hundred feet to tumble to destruction just off the road. Flaming Orc and ogre corpses are thrown about like hellish rag dolls. The cobblestone street is torn asunder!
Attachment:
orcwar boom.JPG
orcwar boom.JPG [ 193.39 KiB | Viewed 46 times ]


A shout goes out and the soldiers charge from their hiding spots into the disarrayed orcs.

Attachment:
orcwar ambush.JPG
orcwar ambush.JPG [ 177.73 KiB | Viewed 46 times ]


Every orcs attention is on the ambush ahead and the trailing orcs are easy to sneak up on.

Attachment:
orcfight1.JPG
orcfight1.JPG [ 220.73 KiB | Viewed 46 times ]

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group