It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:31 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3512
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Josuas face remains unemotional as he speaks "Closing the tunnel and igniting the device would severely limit the gathering of...samples for my...research.
"
he raises an eyebrow, "This was not a condition to our... agreement..When you enlisted my aid."
"You do understand how dire the situation is,
Sir, yes?"
the captain asks Joshua. "We have a regiment of soldiers and a good number of mercenaries and some local militia, but no standing army..."
"Not to worry." interrupts Master Ryan. "Whatever aid you have and will contribute shall be rewarded. I assure you."
He focuses attention on a map on the table.
"This..." he says pointing to a circle inked up the mountain, "This is where the Iron Road leaves the mountain. It is about a mile from Charleottes north gate. A quarter of that is gentle slope down from The height but the road is in excellent shape. Just about anywhere we set for ambush would leave the orcs on higher ground."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:37 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Throm scratches his head "Oh yeah sorry i forgot what we arranged Joshua, sorry bout that. We aint gonna cave in the road" the dwarf gives a bit of a sheepish look to everyone "Mah bad. Just point me ta the orcs an I'll start thrown my axe."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1398
Location: The New World
Eirenaios gives Joshua a small apologetic bow then looks at the map, "Should we set the ambush right at the exit? Limit the amount of orcs that can attack based on the tunnel's width, station men above the tunnel to provide arrow support and whittle their numbers"

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3512
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
The captain folds his arms and speaks "If I were leading and army through there, I'd likely retreat at first signs of ambush..."

"Or try to push through with such great numbers." adds master Ryan. "Im no tactician though."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:49 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1398
Location: The New World
Eirenaios looks around at the others, "Anyone has a plan? We could go around them and attack them from two sides?"

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Throm "That is a good plan. How bout we cover em on three sides though eh? Both side of that road an from the town gates leavin em one one back back on the iron road?"

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:03 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3512
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
Master Ryan nods "Do you mean send a force to Ironton and trap them in the tunnel or wait for the bulk of their numbers to leave the iron road and trap them between it and the gates of Charlotte? "
The captain speaks up "It would take several days to march a unit the long way around to Ironton..."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:54 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Throm shakes his head no "You misread me words. I'm sayin setup units to both sides of the iron road between there the front gates here. Plus the units right by the gates on the wall."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Michigan
Craxzus- He speaks quietly to Master Ryan so that the necromancer may not hear.Either way we must act quickly. The Orcs draw closer. We either lose men in a big battle or we upset the necromancer by collapsing the mountain upon them.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:26 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:11 pm
Posts: 1398
Location: The New World
Eirenaios answers master Ryan's concern, "Our friend here has the ability to move us behind them in a manner of minutes, we could be in charge of attacking them from behind while you and the city guards execute Throm's plan. Attack them from everywhere with no mercy and blowing the device right in the middle of their forces", he looks to Joshua for confirmation.

_________________
Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.” ― J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3512
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
"Necromancer?" Ryan hisses softly to Craxzus.

"I've the ability to move our group behind the hoard in the tunnel. says Joshua. "I've traveled that road once. But I don't much like the idea of being in such a predicament."

The captain nods. "Lining our forces along the sides of the road, out of sight and then striking when the bulk of orcs are out of the tunnel. I like it." He points to the map of the road. "If we send flaming arrows into this device they carry..."
He looks to Master Ryan, "It would be a most excellent welcome for the beasts."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16478
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Throm "Yer gettin the idea basically we're boxin em in captain."

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Drake (Drago) Montillo Human Mage - Castle Amber
Florin Human Fighter - Crypts & Things Lost City
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Michigan
Craxzus whispers quietly back to Ryan. Yes we had to bargain with him. So that we could make it back to warn you.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 8:07 am
Posts: 3512
Location: Just west of the future site of Defiance.
"Sergeant!" barks the captain going to the door. "Round up some men and place hay bails at least shoulder high along the road from the mines to the city gate. "
"That's a long road, sir." responds the sergeant.
"Get as many as you can. Muster the militia to help. Make haste!"
The captain returns to the group "That should give us plenty of cover. There are fields along that road so it should look natural enough."
Master Ryan speaks up "We should have a few hours before the hoard reaches the end of the Iron Road.
You should go and find what rest you can while there's time. We'll see to the preparations for our...guests.
There are beds enough in the barracks for you."

_________________
Magic World
BRP -Basic Roleplaying, maybe NOT the only RPG you'll ever need!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3624
Location: Michigan
Craxzus- Thank you Master Ryan, I will need all the rest I can for the upcoming battle. Excuse me friends. He turns and heads for the barracks.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 555 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group