2. A Peaceful Village in the Hills (action)

tibbius
tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

2. A Peaceful Village in the Hills (action)

#1 Post by tibbius »

As the sun rises over the eastern Sea, casting shadows up the hillside from the trees, you emerge soaking wet and stumbling from a sluice beneath the slowly rotating Tomb of Luan Phien. You still have your equipment, and the opalescent eyes of the spiders you slew, as well as the magical scrolls that Elzarune lifted from the sorcerer general's library; the lonely lich seems to be fine with people sporadically raiding his tomb.

Below the tree line, you can see a meadow where a nameless hamlet sprawls. Sheep, barley, pasturage, grapevines, an apple orchard, a common garden, and ramshackle stone cottages and sheds - bucolic and pleasant. Forest surrounds the meadow and a stream runs through. You stopped there for a couple of days before entering the tomb, and vaguely got to know a few of the somewhat taciturn and pastoral villagers. Mostly you acquainted yourselves with Myron, the chief of the village elders and the keeper of what passes for a seldom-visited "inn" - the downstairs of his large two story farmhouse. You slept in the room next to the goats.

Hopefully Myron will have breakfast waiting, or be willing to make some, because after your adventurous night you are hungry.

What do you do?
Last edited by tibbius on Sun Dec 06, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Peaceful Village in the Hills (action)

#2 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Lets go get something to eat, I hope they still have some of that excellent honey." She starts off towards the sleepy village.

I am going to increase her HP, will work it into a post once she gets something to eat.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax scratches his beard and yawns loudly then rubs the sleep out of his eyes "A grand idea, I could eat."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by Squid »

Wraith starts walking toward the village, patting his grumbling stomach as he goes "I sure hope Myron is feeling generous with his portions today."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

Myron is bustling around the flower beds outside his rambling stone house, trimming some kind of flowering bush: begonias? azaleas? The bushes have startlingly pink and orange flowers with a sweet odor to them. He stands up, brushing mulch from his knees.

"Good morning!" he says cheerfully. "Did you go in the mountain? What happened? Did you get any loot?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"Just a mighty hunger."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by tibbius »

"Well - let's do something about that! Come in, rest and eat." Myron leads you into the main room of the house, which combines kitchen and parlor. The room is brightly lit from a few low windows that reveal the risen sun hanging low far out over the Sea. The light reveals a generally tidy and dustless appearance, probably due to the efforts of Myron's wife Sadeen, who is bustling about with a duster.

At Myron's gentle urging, Sadeen puts the duster aside and starts some cured goat meat frying in a skillet over the low-burning fire. The master of the house returns outside to his shrubbery.

"So was it a productive night?" asks Sadeen as she turns the meat in the pan.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax "Hunger and we did meet an interesting lich that was quite the conversationalist."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

"mostly just hungry, the lich was weird for sure."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by tibbius »

"A talking corpse? Hah. Why would it stay in the tomb?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by Squid »

Wraith

"On some level, I believe the lich was happy to have visitors." Wraith leans in a little taking in the aroma, "I must say, the contents of the pan smell amazing!"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by ybn1197 »

"I must say that I agree with Wraith. I believe Luan Phien recognizes that his visage and power would scare others and I think he is fine with the occasional visitor to spice up his slumber." Elzarune takes a deep breath of the aroma wafting from the kitchen. "Whatever you have cooking there Madam smells simply divine." Elzarune takes a seat and begins to investigate the remaining scrolls they took from the library.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#13 Post by tibbius »

ybn1197 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:34 pmElzarune takes a seat and begins to investigate the remaining scrolls they took from the library.
Breakfast is ready and eaten as Elzarune sleepily peruses the scrolls. (what does everyone else do?)

In addition to the tattered remnants of the spent Phasing Crow scroll, there are:

Mobile Mapping Model
Maddening Gaze
Mesmerizing Word
Lightning Form
Concealing Ghost
Deceiving Prison

@ybn1197: Let's communicate in OOC thread about what you think each of those does.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#14 Post by Rex »

Sealgair

Sealgair is going to find a nice tree to take a nap under.

Squid
Tracker
Tracker

#15 Post by Squid »

Wraith

With hunger now at bay and the excitement of the adventure waining, Wraith wanders outside looking for Myron hoping to secure a safe place to rest for a while.

GreyWolfVT

#16 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Grax finds a good tree to sit and lean up against and takes a bit of a nap.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by tibbius »

The morning passes uneventfully. Myron indicates that Wraith can lounge on the hay in the room next to the goats, if he wants to snooze in the shade. Soon it is mid-afternoon.

"Will you stay the night, or do y'need to hurry down the road?" Myron asks Grax as the dwarf blinks sleep out of his eyes. The old man's hand is on Grax's shoulder having just awakened him. "I only ask because if you left right now you could barely make the village down the hills, before sunset. Shouldn't have let you sleep so long; but you seemed that tired, you did. I'm guessing being older and wiser you're the leader?"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

tibbius wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:27 pm The morning passes uneventfully. Myron indicates that Wraith can lounge on the hay in the room next to the goats, if he wants to snooze in the shade. Soon it is mid-afternoon.

"Will you stay the night, or do y'need to hurry down the road?" Myron asks Grax as the dwarf blinks sleep out of his eyes. The old man's hand is on Grax's shoulder having just awakened him. "I only ask because if you left right now you could barely make the village down the hills, before sunset. Shouldn't have let you sleep so long; but you seemed that tired, you did. I'm guessing being older and wiser you're the leader?"
Grax once fully aware/awake "Me? what? leader? Nah. I ain't no leader. But I'm in no hurry. Can always head out in the mornin' if that's alright with our host."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by tibbius »

Myron chuckles. "I'm your host. It's fine with me. Best check with your companions though." He straightens his back and strolls back toward the house.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#20 Post by tibbius »

Going to assume you spend the night ...

After a fine simple dinner, you settle comfortably in the hayrick next to the warm and flatulent goat room. Myron's house has three rooms on the lower floor - a kitchen and parlor, the hayrick next to the kitchen, and the goat room beyond the hayrick. Each room has its own door to outside.

You sleep soundly. Sometime in the night, you waken to the sound of the outside door swinging open. Moonlight casts over you the shadow of someone looming in the doorway. As you blink sleepily, the person in the doorway steps into the room.

What do you do?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Traversing Tiny Dungeons (Tiny Dungeon)”