Re: OOC

#261 Post by Grognardsw »

Happy Halloween!

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#262 Post by greyarea »

I loved the Library (it helps that (a) Shen solved it and (b) I'm a librarian). Very cool.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by Grognardsw »

Zhym wrote:I was curious how many XP the survivors of that big battle would get.
Given the import of the Runestaff and successful completion of quest, it would be two levels. And reknown within the Alliance of Law.
greyarea wrote:I loved it. I say do something else similar. Or just run Keep on the Borderlands. Whatever works. :)
I'll continue with Keep, it now being my outlet for my increasingLy gonzo fantasy ideas.
greyarea wrote:I loved the Library (it helps that (a) Shen solved it and (b) I'm a librarian). Very cool.
As a book collector I enjoyed the library encounter arc.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#264 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I did what I o in RL collected books kinda gave Bjorn a nice little dark secret ;) I do wish we had explored more of that castle... :D
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by Grognardsw »

The final battle in the immense ballroom was inspired by a game with Frank Metzner last February at Totalcon. It was player group vs. player group (six characters - two a piece) in an outside environment. There was a key in the middle surrounded by lava pools. Every round a new change (often walls) would present itself in the battlefield. You had to get the key. It lasted nine long rounds. Our side won with two survivors, one of whom was my cleric. Good fun.

Yours truly snapped this photo. My steel dice are there on the table. There was a team worksheet (to the right of my notebook) that you filled out with stated actions, which Frank checked, then it was all played out (1e rules.)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#266 Post by greyarea »

That is awesome. How did he handle secret attacks or invisibility? Was it trusting that players stayed true and didn't meta-game, or was there note-passing and whatnot?

Unrelatedly, where did you get the steel dice and how do you like them in real gameplay?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by Grognardsw »

I don't recall any of the pre-gens having invisibility, but you could tell Frank private stuff. It played out and there wasn't any meta-gaming. The dice are Thorn Dice on Shapeways.com. They are made by the newish 3-D printer technology. I've found them well balanced and random. They serve as good caltrops. One should't roll them on a wooden surface you care about, as they leave marks.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by Grognardsw »

For all the old Palace players, an item of interest...

This auction is for TSR D&D Jean Wells Last Planned Adventure & Autograph 2011. This lot includes an original autographed card by Jean Wells and a development photocopy of her final planned adventure manuscript. Jeff met up with Jean Wells at Gary Con in 2011 where Jeff gave her one of his two shrinkwrapped copies of her module B3 Palace of the Silver Princess. Apparently Jean never had a copy of her own module due to its controversial recall. The two got to talking and hit upon the idea that Jean should write a sequel to Palace of the Silver Princess! Jean gave him a card with her email address on it, autographed it, and the two began an exchange to develop the adventure together. Jean had drawn up a map and added various notes and ideas around the margins to flesh out her new adventure. She soon gave this photocopy of the map to Jeff. Unfortunately, Jean's health deteriorated and the two never got to finish this project. However, you now have the chance to own a piece of this story and get a glimpse of the adventure that could have been! This manuscript is an original working photocopy and has numerous original ink and pencil notes by Jeff Leason on Jean's original design. Also includes a small note hand-written by Jeff about the history of the project.

A Collector's Trove auction of old TSR stuff...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_sop=1&L ... c=50&rt=nc

Return to “War is Hell - Palace of the Silver Princess”