Episode 4: Against the Ant Lord

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Episode 4: Against the Ant Lord

#1 Post by Norjax »

Caston begins its recovery from the latest battle against the Ant Lord. Details are established to recover and dispose of enemy bodies and fix the battle damage inflicted on the town. Kapok and Luke are asked to help with the coral for the chicken-beasts. Frank and Nor-jax are to assist with the repairs to the wall. Bart is helping remove the copper collars from the former prisoners. Blixx continues with his remote reconnaissance of the Ant Lord’s retreat.

Angoss has success preparing and cooking the meat from the Electric Stag which, when added to Caston’s supplies, provides a well-earned celebratory meal for the residents and defenders of Caston. The meat also helps to keep the hungry minds off of the two chicken beasts and their (presumably) succulent meat!

For the first time, prisoners have been taken alive and interrogations by the town militia and the Seeress have ascertained the motives of the Ant Lord. He wishes to capture the Seeress and use her skills to help find the object of his desire; a functional Dreadhulk – an old fusion-powered war machine. The Ant Lord is excavating an old military complex to the northwest of Caston and is using slaves to dig out useful items. An abandoned giant ant colony’s tunnels and chambers intersect the old buildings and areas of the buried complex, so the excavations are multiple and dispersed.

The Ant Lord has telekinetic powers that give him control over the will of others. It is short range, but conductive collars keeps the control field active at longer ranges and increases the duration of control.

Caston’s Over Them(the justice council) has judged the prisoners. Mysaurus sends word that he will address Caston midafternoon concerning the prisoners and what the plan is for dealing with the Ant Lord.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Episode 4: Against the Ant Lord

#2 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx Mutant Human

Hmmm we did find some ancient ant tunnels back in the Spider Goat Layer...
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Norjax »

Mimdalf wrote:Blixx Mutant Human

Hmmm we did find some ancient ant tunnels back in the Spider Goat Layer...
Based on the information at hand, the Spider Goat Lair is only a few miles from the location of the Ant Lord's excavation site.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by Alethan »

OOC: Yeah, but didn't that dead-end? Or did we decide not to go further at some point?
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#5 Post by Broggrim »

OOC: It did dead end, but there was a pit with some thing in it, we never identified.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by Grognardsw »

Luke, Human

Luke helps wrangle mutie chickens. "These guys will eat a lot of feed,"he comments.

Later he visits Mysaurus privately. "I gots something to say. I'm really a mutant, like yerself. Been afraid to expose myself though, but now is time."

Luke transforms to his true self.

"I was hopin you'd make an announcement at your speech comin up. Make the people comfortable about it, so I don't get shot by nervous nellies."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by max_vale »

Frank, Pure Human

Frank stretches; takes a few sips of water and then moves to help out with fixing the walls and seeing if there was anything he could suggest to make the place more defensible....

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#8 Post by Bloodaxe »

I might be starting a new Mutant future game. If anyone is interested, please post here in the OOC Chat. You can choose to use your existing characters but they will need to be modified.

A big THANK YOU! to Norjax.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Norjax »

Bloodaxe wrote:I might be starting a new Mutant future game. If anyone is interested, please post here in the OOC Chat. You can choose to use your existing characters but they will need to be modified.

A big THANK YOU! to Norjax.
Thanks for the opportunity, I enjoyed it while it lasted. :)

Return to “Mutant Future - The Wretched Regions”