Episode 1: Into the Wasteland......

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Into the Wasteland......

#221 Post by Dogma »

Nor-jax, MA Gorilla

"Norjax no want drink. Nor-jax hungry. You have food in this place you want us go? Nor-jax eat your food."

Sorry, but to Nor-jax the baser needs of a hungry mutant gorilla trumps trading and finding a place to sleep. :D

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Grognardsw »

Luke, Pure Human

"Well I reckon there's grub there too, Kong," says Luke. "And water for the plant."

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#223 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, Mutant Human

Bart booms out a long laugh, finding the term "Kong" humorous, even if he doesn't quite know what it means.

"I'm with you on the baser needs there friend... Kong" He grins "and I'd never pass on a stout drink."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by max_vale »

Frank, Pure Human

Frank eyes the newcomer and seems to nod in approval. "Allright then Luke; lead on. I'm Frank, by the way".

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#225 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Mutant Plant

Understanding of most humans' intolerance for mutants such as himself, Kapok does not say much when they enter the compound, allowing the humans (and more human-like mutants) to do the speaking, for the most part. He does, however, keep his "eyes" and "ears" open for danger, as well as hints of anything that might sound like it could be prosperous work.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#226 Post by Dogma »

Nor-jax, MA Gorilla

Nor-jax's face seems puzzled for a minute. He wasn't sure what the new man meant by "kong". He wasn't sure if he was being made fun of, and one thing he hated was being made fun off. But the though quickly passes to other things...

"Nor-jax likes grubs. Me eat grubs plenty times back home. Nor-jax's fovarite thing made by Nor-jax's mother." he says as he follows the new man.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Grognardsw »

Luke, Pure Human

"Swell, good to meet y'all" Luke ambles along the street with the motley crew of newcomers.

"Been here two or three weeks myself," he says, pausing his cigar draw to spit out a dark bit of something. "That-a-ways the provision shop, maybe do some trading there. Over there they rent rooms - watch out for bug critters. Here is the cantina."

Inside Luke gets a big table and motions the server over. "Velma, some newcomers here are hungry."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#228 Post by Norjax »

Shelter, trade and information take a back seat as your group follows Luke to the drink and eat establishment. A crude letter “C” is painted on the wall next to the entry. Crappenings, or “Craps” for short, is what the place is called. The locale gets its name from the patron’s favorite gambling game, the disheveled state of the joint and the legendary droppings of its owner, a mutant named Angoss.

The proprietor, who tends the bar, is a hulking individual 7ft tall with the head of a bull. The black hair of his head blends into the dark skin of his human body that is covered with an apron sporting a green letter “C”. Dark gray horns, capped with carved wooden novelty dice, sprout from the top of his head. His perfectly shaped, human hands are cleaning a copper mug with a towel. He looks up and stares at each of you through piercing, lemon-yellow eyes.

“Velma is off today,” he replies to Luke. “Mancy will be glad to help.” He nods to a near-human female standing at the end of the bar. “I’ll put the first round on Luke’s tab,” Angoss says with a devious smile.

“What will you have?” Mancy asks each of you. She has blue skin, red eyes and pointed ears. “Luke is getting the first round, but we’ll have to wager for more.”

Mancy delivers each of you a drink and returns to the bar. There are five other patrons in Craps, 4 humans and a near human with a pig nose and forked tongue. Mancy returns with a menu scrawled on a wooded plaque.

The menu reads:

Plodget Grog Stew, alcoholic
Pulled rodent sandwich with onions and fries
Bird internals pie
Ribs (origin unlisted)
Burdock salad with chopped root stalks
Fried bird wings and/or legs

All barter considered, but not always accepted.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#229 Post by Dogma »

Nor-Jax, Mutant Animal - Gorilla

Nor-Jax looked over the menu board. Not knowing how to read the man-scratchings on it wasn't going to stop him from getting something to eat.

"Nor-Jax like bowl of juicy grubs please."

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#230 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, Mutant Human

Bart Downs his drink, leans back in his chair, puts his feet up on a empty chair, tips his hat over his eyes, and enjoys his buzz.

"No grub for me, right now dear." His broad grin can still be seen beneath the brim of his hat. Snake-squeeze always makes him tired.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#231 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Mutant Plant

Kapok gives the board a fleeting glance before mumbling,"water" to the waitress.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Grognardsw »

Luke, Pure Human

Luke sips his drink and gets to talkin. "The village here is a bit on guard. The Ant Lord and his scum attacked Caston several times the past couple of months. Wall is the only thing that saved us. There was a village - West Allam -10 miles west that we think fell to the Ant Lord. The people there is all gone. This Ant Lord is a tribal leader in the hills north. Leads a band of men, mutants and morlocks. Called the Ant Lord cause he wears a helmet made from a giant ant’s exoskeleton."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by Norjax »

Mancy returns with water for Kapok and then turns to address Nor-jax.

“Grubs are not on the menu,” she states. “What do you have for trade if I can find some?”

Before Noj-jax can respond, the entry to Craps swings open and an old woman with two armed guards enters. She spots you with her eye, the other being covered with a leather patch, and approaches your group.

“I seek an audience with the strangers,” she proclaims. Mancy withdraws to the bar with Angoss and the other patrons abruptly get up and leave Crappenings. “I am the Seeress of this village. It is I who defends her from attack and danger. I will know your intent and secrets.” The Seeress pauses near Luke and nods. “You have already been revealed to me, yet a shadow still casts across your true self.”

The Seeress pulls strands of her ropy hair back so she can flip up her eye patch. A dark ball stirs in her eye socket and a snake, with blind, milky-white eyes, stretches forth. The snake opens its mouth to reveal a crystal green eyeball. The snake’s mouth “blinks” a few times and the eye glances around. The Seeress raises her hands and mumbles unintelligible chants as she passes her hands near each of you.

“The strangers bear no ill-will towards us,” she tells the guards. “We may count on them to help us tonight.” She notices your collective puzzlement and responds. “The Ant Lord will come again tonight. We will need your help to defend the village.”

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#234 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Mutant Plant

Kapok's upper leaves bristle at the statement that is not a request. But he leaves the talking to the more human party members, feeling that would be best. Even most mutant humans seem to be wary of plants that are sentient beings.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#235 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx, Mutant Human

After reluctantly passing his weapons over to "security" he quietly follows the his group as they are led to the Inn/Tavern by Luke. Blixx thinks it's nice Luke has become their guide to this new town/village. Blixx looks around looking for ways the town could shore-up their defenses.

Arriving at the big "C" Blixx slips into a seat and quietly accepts his drink. He takes a tentative sip and hi s eyebrows raise in interest. Blixx quickly peruses the menu and says "Stew Please" in deference to Kapok he does not order the salad."

After the Oracle makes her "Pitch" Blixx offers to help. "We'll need our weapons." "Wouldn't it be better to ambush them before they even reach town, then we can use the town to fall back to?"
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#236 Post by Dogma »

Nor-Jax, Mutant Animal - Gorilla

Nor-Jax scratched the side of his head with a puzzled look on his face. Luke-man said there would be grubs in this place and now this lady says there are no grubs.

"Luke-man say Nor-Jax get grubs here." he says to Luke. "Lady say no grubs here. Why Luke-man tell lie to Nor-Jax?"

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by Grognardsw »

Luke, Pure Human

"Well pardner," says Luke. "My grub means food, where your grubs means...grubs. Maybe Mancy can find some in the gardens? I figure you pitch in defending the town tonight, the least we can do is give you some grubs."

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#238 Post by Broggrim »

Bart, Mutant Human

Bart, meaning only to rest his eyes, has begun to snore loudly...

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by max_vale »

Frank, Pure Human

Frank ordered the grog stew and then eyed the newcomers with a wary eye. Not sure what to make of the 'fortune teller's' prophecy; he shrugged and said much more non-chalantly than he felt; "Well...of course we'll help fight anything that threatens us; including this 'ant-lord' fella and we'll be glad to help you folks' out; though we'd be obliged if'n we might get some lodgin' and feedin' in return. What say you?"

To Blixx; he looked thoughtful and said; "That might not be a bad idea you got there....hmm...what's everyone else think?"
Last edited by max_vale on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Norjax »

“Unless you are hiding something, your service in helping with our defense appears to be the only source of barter you possess,” the Seeress bluntly states. “If you wish to stay, then this is your only option. Otherwise, you are free to leave. Mysaurus will arrange for your departure. He is our leader, but I am his counsel.”

“Mysaurus is willing to offer a week’s stay, including room and board if you help defend Caston,” one of the guards adds. “You may work out the details with him.”

“We’ll round up some grubs for Nor-jax,” Angoss interjects. “I just hope he’s not picky about the colors.”

What will you do?

A. Set up an ambush position outside of Caston.
B. Defend Caston from wall positions.
C. Decline the offer and be on your way.
D. Other

Return to “Mutant Future - The Wretched Regions”