OOC Chat

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: OOC Chat

#101 Post by Alethan »

Welcome to both of you!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by Norjax »

Please welcome max_vale. He will be taking over the role of Frank Rock. :D

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#103 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:Welcome to both all three of you!

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by max_vale »

Thanks one and all; I'm happy to be here. I never read "SGT Rock" in the brief time I was into comics as a kid; but I'll do my best to play the part of the tough NCO.....somebody speak up if I'm way off the mark! :)

-Max

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#105 Post by Alethan »

Norjax wrote:
Alethan wrote:No, that line of reasoning was purely based on the idea of some humans refusing to eat meat, so maybe mutant plants, as a mutant plant joke, refuse to eat fruits and vegetables and grains - basically anything plant-based. :)
Ah, OK.

There are probably plenty of cockroaches about! :P
*shudder*

I f-ing hate cockroaches...

Anyone remember a post-apocalyptic movie from the 80's where cockroaches were the main predators? Can't remember the name of the movie or who was in it, or even what the plot was, aside from "surviving in a post-apocalyptic world"; just a scene where people landed on the rooftop of a skyscraper (using a glider, maybe?) in the remains of a city and, sorting through levels looking for salvage, they kept coming across human bones that were completely clean and white. Then they later found out it was because of cockroaches.

Anyone? I've thought about that scene often for probably 30 years now... probably why I hate cockroaches so much. I'm sure it was some horrible "B" movie full of no-name actors that got shown on Channel 11 (one of the five channels we could get off antennae back in the day before cable/satellite) on a Saturday afternoon... Would love to know what it was called.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#106 Post by Alethan »

Alethan wrote:
Norjax wrote:
Alethan wrote:No, that line of reasoning was purely based on the idea of some humans refusing to eat meat, so maybe mutant plants, as a mutant plant joke, refuse to eat fruits and vegetables and grains - basically anything plant-based. :)
Ah, OK.

There are probably plenty of cockroaches about! :P
*shudder*

I f-ing hate cockroaches...

Anyone remember a post-apocalyptic movie from the 80's where cockroaches were the main predators? Can't remember the name of the movie or who was in it, or even what the plot was, aside from "surviving in a post-apocalyptic world"; just a scene where people landed on the rooftop of a skyscraper (using a glider, maybe?) in the remains of a city and, sorting through levels looking for salvage, they kept coming across human bones that were completely clean and white. Then they later found out it was because of cockroaches.

Anyone? I've thought about that scene often for probably 30 years now... probably why I hate cockroaches so much. I'm sure it was some horrible "B" movie full of no-name actors that got shown on Channel 11 (one of the five channels we could get off antennae back in the day before cable/satellite) on a Saturday afternoon... Would love to know what it was called.

Never mind. Guess I just never tried my Google-fu to figure it out in the last 10 years. It's called Damnation Alley (1977).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075909/

And it's available through Amazon VOD. Ching!

AND there was no flying. They were driving the Landmasters! How could I forget that??

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Norjax »

Yep, I remember this! :)

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by max_vale »

Being unfamiliar with this game's rules; are there specific weapon skills or proficiencies? Frank has a longbow; so he's good to go with having a missile weapon; but I was curious about others or if a firearm became available (as in...the guy using it next to somebody gets hit)....would any character be able to use it with no penalty?

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by Norjax »

max_vale wrote:Being unfamiliar with this game's rules; are there specific weapon skills or proficiencies? Frank has a longbow; so he's good to go with having a missile weapon; but I was curious about others or if a firearm became available (as in...the guy using it next to somebody gets hit)....would any character be able to use it with no penalty?
MF is an old school game that does not use proficiencies. Thus, a PC may pick up and use any weapon without a penalty.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#110 Post by Alethan »

max_vale wrote:Being unfamiliar with this game's rules; are there specific weapon skills or proficiencies? Frank has a longbow; so he's good to go with having a missile weapon; but I was curious about others or if a firearm became available (as in...the guy using it next to somebody gets hit)....would any character be able to use it with no penalty?
It uses the Labyrinth Lord rules as a basis, Max, which means it runs sort of like a B/X game. Think: Dwarf as a class.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#111 Post by Alethan »

Norjax wrote:Firing into melee:

When firing into melee, the ML counts the number of figures in the area of the intended target. Each Medium figure counts as 1. Small as 1/2, Large as 2, Huge as 4 and Gargantuan as 6.

Using these values, a ratio is used to determine who (or what) will be the target of the shot.
i.e. Please do not fire ranged weapons into a melee.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Grognardsw »

That's a great collage Broggrim in the Character thread!

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Dogma »

If I wanted to try something like Nar-jax grabbing the electrostag by the horns and trying to wrestle it to the ground, would you give the DC up front or only let me know how difficult it would be after I announce the action?

Just trying to think of something to do beyond " I hit it with my axe"....

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#114 Post by Broggrim »

Grognardsw wrote:That's a great collage Broggrim in the Character thread!
Thank you.

Broggrim
Guide
Guide

#115 Post by Broggrim »

Dogma wrote:If I wanted to try something like Nar-jax grabbing the electrostag by the horns and trying to wrestle it to the ground, would you give the DC up front or only let me know how difficult it would be after I announce the action?

If I'm able to lasso the stag I may need help with the rope.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by Norjax »

Dogma wrote:If I wanted to try something like Nar-jax grabbing the electrostag by the horns and trying to wrestle it to the ground, would you give the DC up front or only let me know how difficult it would be after I announce the action?

Grabbing onto the horns would be a Very Hard DC against your DEX with a possible modifier depending on what happens before your initiative. A Very Hard DC against your STR would be required to wrestle the Stag to the ground. Each round a STR check is required to hold the target prone.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Norjax »

I will be out of town on business until Thursday night.

I will post my actions then.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#118 Post by Mimdalf »

I must say nice map! And such a cool collage! I feel part of something bigger :)
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Norjax »

I haven’t expressed how I appreciate everyone’s participation with character development and creative dialog. This helps make it fun for everyone! 8-)

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Norjax »

Firearm range modifiers

I couldn’t find any range modifiers for firearms, so I interpolated short/medium/long ranges to match other missile and thrown weapons attacks at +1/+0/-1 respectively.

I have since found the rules for firearm range modifier:
  • Note that firearm ranges are handled differently than thrown and primitive weapons. Firearms have a normal range and a maximum range. Attacks are handled normally for any range up to normal range. For any distance between normal and maximum, there is a -2 to hit.

p.50
So, do we use the rule range modifier or the house rule interpolated range modifiers?

Return to “Mutant Future - The Wretched Regions”