Episode 1: Into the Wasteland......

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Episode 1: Into the Wasteland......

#1 Post by Bloodaxe »

You are tired from travelling this blighted land. This world has never been lush & bountiful, but it has even worse of late, and not getting better. A famine has gripped the land. Plants are withered, game is scarce, clean water rare.

You almost regret leaving town several days back. If a few shacks and one partially rebuilt ruin ,can be called a town. The town of Whitehall. What a joke. One old ruined building painted a drab and faded white, that served as a town hall of sorts.
But your coin was running out, and with no work to be had, strangers weren't very welcome. So you hit the road with a few friends and comrades. Safety in numbers and all that.

So here you are. Walking down a cracked and broken remnant of ages past. A black river of stone that never seems to end. One of the great roads of the Ancients. A rusted and bent sign riddled with bullet holes stands in the withered brush. RT 22

Your luck has been holding....unfortunately all of it is bad....
Its starting to getting dark and the weather is growing foul. Maybe rain. Hopefully not the poisonous, acid, or radioactive kind....

A crumbled ruin is off in the distance. It looks like a sign is on the top of the building, but you cant read it from here.
Also a trail of smoke crawls through the air a few miles off. Maybe a town?

Decisions ...decisions....

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

Re: In the Wasteland......

#2 Post by Scythius Equinus »

"Would be nice to have a roof for the night." Frank states, in his low gravelly voice. As he points towards the building.
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Norjax »

"Agreed," grunts Nor-jax. "I advise caution until we are able to make out what the sign says."

OCC: Who has the best vision?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by Bloodaxe »

As the sun drops and it gets darker, it effects some of you differently.

Blixx feels better in the dim light, he has night vision and can detect those possessing mental powers if they are relatively close by.

Kopaks feels worse, his leaves curl inward to retain his "body"heat, and he feels a bit sluggish.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Wasteland

Kapok studies the smoke and the building with an astute eye and grumbles, "Whichever way quicker." Even his voice seems thicker and slower with the setting sun...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Bloodaxe »

The ruins with the sign are closer, the smoke trail is miles off.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by Norjax »

“Ruins are closer!” Nor-jax impatiently replies to Kapok, pounding his fists on the road. “If Frank-man wants to go to the ruins, then Nor-jax will follow. Towns don’t like us, anyway.”

OCC: Nor-jax is a brute, so I’m going to play him appropriately. Please don’t take this personal. :)
In addition, I think he should have a genetic predisposition to follow the lead/orders of a Pure Human. The god-men who created the T’Hunn were, after all, humans.

WarHedgehog
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by WarHedgehog »

Mr. Pibbs

Sniffing the air, Mr. Pibbs snorts and puffs, his spines bristling.

"Fellow travelers, I, for one, would prefer to find shelter before the sun disappears and the sky opens up. The building ahead is as good a place as any it would seem. Still, as our ape-friend here has observed, caution is certainly warranted. "

He pauses and surveys the motley assortment of around him, "Perhaps some of us should scout ahead?"

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#9 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Wasteland

OOC: I built Kapok's inventory to somewhat deal with his speed at night issues. If someone with plenty of strength and speed and has encumbrance room to spare can carry his duffle bag (33lbs), then he can up his speed to 60". If someone agrees to do this, I figured it would just be a SOP any time at night when speed was an issue. If nobody wants to do it, not a big deal. But Kapok's speed drops to 45".

A rustle of branch and leaf material signifies a shrug from the large mutant plant. He is used to Nor-Jax's brisk responses by now. Kapok begins lumbering towards the ruins...

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#10 Post by Bloodaxe »

Alethan wrote:OOC: I built Kapok's inventory to somewhat deal with his speed at night issues. If someone with plenty of strength and speed and has encumbrance room to spare can carry his duffle bag (33lbs), then he can up his speed to 60". If someone agrees to do this, I figured it would just be a SOP any time at night when speed was an issue. If nobody wants to do it, not a big deal. But Kapok's speed drops to 45".

A rustle of branch and leaf material signifies a shrug from the large mutant plant. He is used to Nor-Jax's brisk responses by now. Kapok begins lumbering towards the ruins...

Its a large building covered by withered vines and brush, but it look pretty intact. The front looks to once have been partially glass, long since broken. Two doors hang open on the hinges.
The sign has a large red fruit and is missing several letter. "LIT--E AP--E MAR--T" By the whats left of the sign , now laying left lying in the dirt, you guess it once read "LITTLE APPLE MARKET".

Its now getting dark and the wind is picking up. You can feel the dampness in the air. Definitely rain.
As the light of day fades , you can see the smoke in the distance is greater than you thought earlier. Probably a town. Or something really bad, like a building on fire.....
You can check out the ruins, look for another place to camp or head towards the smoke.
But it would not be good to be caught in the rain, in the dark, in the wilderness....

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#11 Post by Scythius Equinus »

Frank quickly produces a torch and tries to get it lit, before entering...Hells bells, lets get in there.
Torch in left hand long sword in right...Frank koves in.. unless of course the torch doesn't light then he waits for one of those who see in dark better first
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Bloodaxe »

The torch flickers and reveals a ruined interior, looted of goods long ago, but it looks dry at least. Old shelves lay scattered about, along with other junk, & some old wiring or vines hang from the ceiling.
By the flickering light you can make out another set of doors in the back of building, and a mound of rubble piled against another wall.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Mimdalf »

Dusk is a welcome time for Blixx, with the coming of the dark the world opens up for him. However, he has a pervasive feeling that someone or something dangerous is close.
"Friends, have a care I feel that something dangerous might be close by" "Kapock, will you be OK" Blixx looks concerned. Blixx has been very grateful traveling with these companions.

I can sense a mental power close by? Distance/Direction? I will warn the others.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

Kapok, Little Apple Ruins

Kapok nods slowly, "I am being fine, Blixx. I move at night slowly, but I can to fight if needed." He looks about him when Blixx mentions not being alone and adds, "You can tell where is from? Door or..." he turns to the pile of rubble, "... somewhere else?"

WarHedgehog
Squire
Squire

#15 Post by WarHedgehog »

Mr. Pibbs, MA-hegehog

Mr.Pibbs' spines bristle at the strange little human's warning of danger. He tightens the grip on his axe.

are we all inside the building or are we still outside of it, looking in?

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Bloodaxe »

No one has entered yet, you are all just looking in. The front glass has been shattered, and the doors hang open.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Blixx detects no mental powers within the area except his friends with such powers. (Kapok & Norjax)

(Detection only has a range of 90 feet, the far end of the building is beyond that.)

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Norjax »

Nor-jax (MA), Ruins

Nor-jax muscles through the group and approaches Frank’s side.

“If Frank-man wants, I can lift the rubble with my thoughts so we can stay a safe distance.”

OCC: Is the rubble within 50ft of the entrance?

Reminder: Nor-jax will usually address Frank, because he is a Pure Human. That doesn't mean others can't respond before Frank.
Last edited by Norjax on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mimdalf
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#18 Post by Mimdalf »

Blixx/MH

Blixx draws out his tomahawk and scans the ruined entrance area. He is momentarily relieved that whatever presence he had detected has moved out of his range.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

"Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous!" WW

Namárië

Bloodaxe
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Bloodaxe »

Mimdalf wrote:Blixx/MH

Blixx draws out his tomahawk and scans the ruined entrance area. He is momentarily relieved that whatever presence he had detected has moved out of his range.

There looks like the remains of an old campfire. Nothing recent. Then you see a skull and a few bones.

WarHedgehog
Squire
Squire

#20 Post by WarHedgehog »

Mr. Pibbs, MA-hedgehog

Mr. Pibbs glances again at the sky, snorts, and offers, "All, if it might help get us inside and out of the impending storm, I most humbly volunteer to lead the charge as it were. I rather don't like the idea of being caught in a downpour."

can we tell how tall the ceiling is? is Mr. Pibbs (9' tall) going to be able to enter standing up?

Is there anything on the ground nearby that i can pick up and throw into the doorway ahead of us (not doing it yet, just want to check) - a stone, sticks, an old can, etc.?

Return to “Mutant Future - The Wretched Regions”