OOC Chat

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC Chat

#921 Post by Pulpatoon »

- Please see dice roller archive for rolls.
I can only search Porphyry's rolls. How do I see the campaign's rolls?

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#922 Post by Grognardsw »

Hit a link to any characters roll. There you'll see a "See all rolls for this character" and underneath that a "see all rolls for this campaign." Hit that.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#923 Post by Pulpatoon »

Thanks!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#924 Post by Grognardsw »

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#925 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Wrenly's sling stone bounces upon its head, a symbolic period at the end of a violent sentence.
This was a great line!!! :mrgreen:

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#926 Post by Grognardsw »

I have been struggling against this, but the New Year has brought changes which unfortunately require me to suspend my PbP gaming. It has been a pleasure gaming with you all these past years,
both as DM and player. Keep/Expedition has always been a particular favorite. When I return someday I hope to pick it up again in some form. You're certainly welcome to have someone else DM if you like, as I did three years ago when the DM left after five months.

Thanks again for playing and best of luck in gaming and life.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#927 Post by Pulpatoon »

Grogs,

Oh, dang! This game has been such a fixture for so long! You'll be missed!

The absolute best of luck and warmest of wishes with the changes in your life. We'll be here when you make it back!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#928 Post by OGRE MAGE »

My sentiments exactly!!!

You run a great game and a great character, Bill! You will be sorely missed around here!

Thanks for the many hours of enjoyment, both in my games and especially in yours! You were an instrumental part of my getting into PbP originally and I will always remember and appreciate the time you took to show me the ropes on here. That was very cool of you to do for a newbie!

Best of luck in your new endeavors and thanks for being a cool cyber friend for the last few years!

Most of us will likely still be around if you are ever able to come on back. :D

Maximum Respect!

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#929 Post by Hotgoblin »

Bye Bill...you're an awesome DM!! I've really enjoyed traveling thru The Keep and beyond with you!!

Enjoy your next chapter in life!!!

Julie
The truth is out there!!!

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#930 Post by AleBelly »

I hope things in real life work out for you, and that you can return soon (both for our sake and yours_.

On a personal note, I really appreciate you welcoming me to this game - it was my first on the site and I had a great time...something that has kept me here for over two years!

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#931 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Oh no!... what will I do without Wrenly, my first self-created character on these forums? Before that it was always taking over characters for someone else who'd dropped out... Thanks for giving me the chance to play this ridiculous character. This campaign will obviously always have a special place in my heart. So much fun - I never thought it would end... :(

I hope the reasons you can't continue are good ones and I wish you all the best. Thanks a lot for everything. Goodbye and good luck!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#932 Post by Zhym »

It's the end of an era.

I'd love to see the game keep going, but who could follow Grog?

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#933 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ChubbyPixie wrote:Wrenly pauses in mid-stride on his way to join Fingal. Something seems different. Some subtle vibration in the air? He turns and looks over his shoulder at... nothing. Strange, he could have sworn he sensed a flickering presence, a momentary cosmic sadness, as if this were... well, The End?

"Fiddlesticks!" he says, shaking off the feeling. Turning again, he...
This was cool! :D

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#934 Post by ChubbyPixie »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
ChubbyPixie wrote:Wrenly pauses in mid-stride on his way to join Fingal. Something seems different. Some subtle vibration in the air? He turns and looks over his shoulder at... nothing. Strange, he could have sworn he sensed a flickering presence, a momentary cosmic sadness, as if this were... well, The End?

"Fiddlesticks!" he says, shaking off the feeling. Turning again, he...
This was cool! :D
I needed to do that for closure. :cry: :)

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#935 Post by greyarea »

Grognardsw wrote:I have been struggling against this, but the New Year has brought changes which unfortunately require me to suspend my PbP gaming. It has been a pleasure gaming with you all these past years,
both as DM and player. Keep/Expedition has always been a particular favorite. When I return someday I hope to pick it up again in some form. You're certainly welcome to have someone else DM if you like, as I did three years ago when the DM left after five months.

Thanks again for playing and best of luck in gaming and life.
Best of luck to you. I hope your real life calms down such that gaming can find a place in it again.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#936 Post by Pulpatoon »

So, can I reveal Porphyry's secret? His really poorly contained secret?

Porphyry started out in a different campaign—one where there was a good party and an evil party. Porphyry was in the evil party, along with a vicious schizophrenic named Tanye the Tainted. When that campaign suddenly ended and Grogs decided to use Tanye as a villain in this game, he invited Porphyry to join him.

So: Porphyry is an evil, necromantic Sabbat Satyr from another dimension, brought to this world expressly to spy on and betray the party of adventurers who were giving Tanye a rough time. With a magic cloak pin that hides his true alignment, and a flimsy claim of being a "psychopomp," Porphyry did his best to pretend to be good (although he didn't really have a grasp on how to do so), and actively tried to get the party killed on several occasions.

Then, the party was sentenced to spend two years together in a room after failing to do some goddamned thing or other in the Plane of Order. After this long convalescence, he still didn't like the rest of the party, but he'd spent more time around them than he had Tanye. When they got back to their home plane, he tried to contact Tanye, but wasn't feeling that loyal to his old comrade.

Their time in the erotically-charged Satanic caves cemented for him the notion that this party was actually pretty good at keeping him alive, and maybe he'd be better off with them not-dead. That was also when he stopped even pretending to hide his evil inclinations, figuring the party had never seemed so prim that they would care one way or the other.

Thanks for putting up with the poisonous little goat-monster, everybody!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#938 Post by OGRE MAGE »

That was great!!!

I love the way some of you guys really get into the backstory of your characters! It is very refreshing to see someone put that much effort into their play.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#939 Post by Pulpatoon »

ChubbyPixie wrote:I thought he was just a selfish twat.
To be fair, that is also true.

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#940 Post by Grognardsw »

Hi All, I hope all has been well in PbP these last few years. I have a sliver of free time now that enables some limited play. I’ll be resuming my Call of Cthulhu game. If/when more time allows I’d like to return to Expediton. So for now I just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”