Expedition to the B.P. - Chp. 2: Rage Against the Machine

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Expedition to the B.P. - Chp. 2: Rage Against the Machin

#501 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Creature," Wrenly says addressing Guido, "you have been identified by two amongst our number. You are found. Now, I don't want to incinerate our friend Guido to get you to reveal yourself, but, that is exactly what I'm going to do, if you force my hand. What will happen to you then, I wonder?" He turns and winks surreptitiously at the others and frowns slightly at Swilbosh as if to say "trust me on this... except you, Swilbosh" (which is a very subtle communication to fit into a wink.) "Fellows, let's take him into the hall where I can roast him from a distance," he adds matter of factly.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#503 Post by Inferno »

Swilbosh doesn't flinch. The cold-blooded barbarian patiently watches Guido and Wrenly, bizarre crossbow still aimed at them, waiting for proof that one of the mammalian warlocks isn't what they seem.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Hotgoblin
President of Unseen Servant
President of Unseen Servant

#504 Post by Hotgoblin »

Groyn drifts off thinking about his faithful Irish wolfhound Bene!!! He would tell us what to do and how to stop this Evil devourer...If only he were still alive!!!

Me thinks this Brain sucker or whatever it is can hear us !!! Maybe we shouldn't be talks'n about like it any listening!! He walks over to the Witch and gently strokes her pierced face...Cande, you ok? We need you!

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#505 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion keeps his eyes open for the Thing

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#506 Post by AleBelly »

Candy slaps Wulfie as he fumbles his attempt to administer healing.

She turns to Groyn. "I'm of little help. My tome holds no spells that would resolve our dilemma."

She retreats into her haze of self-pity. She perks up minutes later. "Casting spells requires training and skill. Perhaps we can require those so bound to cast a spell. If they fail, we know they are possessed?" she posits.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#507 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Wrenly raises one eyebrow. "Gladly, Candiasis. I'll submit to any test! A great opportunity to test out my Incineration spell, actually," he says. "What test will you submit to, lizard man? You being the only one to take out a fellow party member unprovoked?" After letting that sink in for a moment he adds, a bit peevishly "Fortunately for you, I already know that you are guilty of nothing more than poor judgement. Very, very poor judgement. Very poor."
;) :)

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#508 Post by Zhym »

Andover growls softly. He ponders the phrase, "Kill them all and let their gods sort it out."

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#509 Post by Grognardsw »

The menacled Guido looks at Wrenly, about to answer his demand to leave the room for further interrogation...

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#510 Post by Inferno »

Swilbosh slowly nods at Andover's words, his forked tongue darting in and out between his fangs.

"He sssshouldn't have acted so ssssusssspiccccioussssly," the scaled warrior grunts to Wrenly as he coolly notices the mammalian wizard not casting a spell. "Whisssspering. Ssssuddenly attacking Guido without proof. Ordering you not to usssse magic that would reveal our foe."

Then: "Guido, ssssummon power from your god and heal poor Porphyry."

Pixie, Andover also attacked Porphyry "unprovoked." ;)

Although, can any attack on Porphyry be truly called unprovoked?
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#511 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Pixie, Andover also attacked Porphyry "unprovoked." ;)

Although, can any attack on Porphyry be truly called unprovoked?
Ah, yes, that's true... Wrenly is kind of being a little petulant turd... :) When this is over we'll all have a good laugh about it. Or a good drooling and incoherent blubbering, more likely... it's all very confusing...
Wrenly squints and briskly but carefully backs away from Guido. Something seems to be in the air all of a sudden. He readies himself to torpedo the creature if it shows itself.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#512 Post by Pulpatoon »

Porphyry props himself up. "Suspicious? I should hardly be surprised that the subtle grandeur of my thoughts and deeds would be so wholly inscrutable to the baser intellects with which I am surrounded as to draw suspicion. No wonder the presently assembled have been so slow to recognize me as the indisputable leader of this expedition."

The satyr seems to actually take comfort in these words, and it soothes his own animosity at having been attacked.

"As far as casting magic—I will do so, if the party insists. However, it is a expenditure of precious resources. And, you may recall, we are in a position of extraordinary peril. Furthermore, mine are not the flashy spectacles of lesser manipulators of magical energies. I will conjure no fairy lights nor pull a chicken from my sleeve nor any other such carnival amusement. I craft the invisible forces of vivification, to speak with the flesh of the departed—as evidenced by my lovely pet, here. I can apply these forces to the living, but the results tend to be... discomforting. Perhaps the lizard man would care to volunteer?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#513 Post by OGRE MAGE »

As the plot thickens, Fingal cant resist opening one eye to stare at the proceedings for a bit. He soon realizes that the gig is up and stands to dust himself off.

Nasty business this, to be sure! I aint no thinker and cant offer no real input into this little dilemma.

The thief back away from the excitement and plunks his backside firmly against the nearest wall. He stares back and forth to the suggested culprits but offers no real insight.

Lets get this over with so soon we can go out and fight the enemy instead of all this fightin mongst rselves.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#514 Post by tkrexx »

Guido releases an exasperated sigh. Very well, help me to my feet and allow me the dignity of walking myself to the hallway. If this will prove anything at all to you, Wrenly, I will gladly put your suspicions to rest... I do wonder, tho, how Porphyry has managed to dupe you in this manner. You don't like him any more than I. One thing at a time, however. The pudgy Priest awkwardly, almost comically in his bonds, waddles to the hall.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#515 Post by Zhym »

We're all still in the same small group of rooms, right? If so:

Andover steps toward the door and puts a hand up. "Whatever you need to do, do it here, before all of us. We have enough mysteries and secrets as it is."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#516 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion agrees, Yes, Guido. You will stay here to work your healing magics. Just as you have every time you have healed. The hall will not connect you better with your god.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#517 Post by tkrexx »

Guido sputters in his frustration. "Get into the hallway, don't get into the hallway..." Would someone please make up my mind? Healing would be ever so much easier if I were not bound!

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#518 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Fingal furrows his brow at the obvious stall tactics.

Excuses are like a-holes...............we all got one!

Grognardsw
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#519 Post by Grognardsw »

Not to interupt these entertainingly tense moments, but Porphyry is unconcious so his wonderful dialogue didn't happen (but save and repost later Pulp.) Also, a cleric does need to use their hands on or about the person they're to heal, in my vision of things. So Guido will need his hands free to apply on Porphyry to heal him.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#520 Post by greyarea »

Asherrion draws his blade. He cuts the bindings from Guido's wrists while the others watch and cover him, and then steps back, blade naked.

Return to “The Keep on the Borderlands”