Darkstar > Epilogue

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Darkstar > Epilogue

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

Kythorn 8, 1358 DR

The elves of the Owl tribe are in mourning > Celadon, their leader for the past 300 years, is dead. Owls went throughout the forest delivering the news to the other tribes, and messages were sent to the town of Thundertree and also to the city of Neverwinter. Even though Celadon's death was expected, his tribe (and especially his children Min and Tohmal) is devastated. And yet, even in mourning there is singing and feasting, and a celebration of his life is being prepared.
Many elves have visited and left notes and gifts for Min and Tohmal > notes with prayers and words of encouragement, and notes stating their allegiance to each one's claim to leadership. And it is this claim that has made it a difficult week for Min and Darkstar. Darkstar is in love with Min and he wants to marry her and start a family.
"But what?" Min asked one night shortly after the victory of the battle of the Keepers.
"But I would rather start my own clan, not join another one." He answered, knowing his words would hurt her.

For the rest of the week, they were distant lovers, with Min often secluded away with her brother, Tohmal. Darkstar spent his time hunting or shooting, or just walking through the Wood. He wondered if he should just leave and seek his fate, and maybe even find the killers of his own family and clan. Maybe he should talk to Greystone about it...

The news of Celadon's death hit Darkstar hard...and he wasn't surprised to find himself holding Min as she sobbed into his shoulder. He held her seemingly for hours, long after she stopped crying. Staring out into the woods from high in the canopy of the great cypress trees, Min finally speaks.
"Tohmal and I have decided...he should be leader of the tribe. He wanted us to lead the tribe together, but I told him I was going to marry you. And surprisingly, he was acceptable of that. I also told him that after father's death and a time of mourning, we would be leaving the Wood.
"I want to help you solve the mystery of your family's death...or at least try! What will we know if we don't try! Maybe some of your other companions will help us...maybe not...but we have each other regardless. I love you...and my place is with you."

A week later, on Kythorn 15, after celebrating the death of her father, and offering his body to the Lady of the Forest, Min and Darkstar leave the safety of the Owl tribe and venture out into the Wood...
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Darkstar > Epilogue

#2 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar's stomach, which has been in knots for days, loosens up and he feels a tremendous sense of relief at Min's words. He was afraid that if she really forced him to choose between finding out about his past or staying with her as his future that no matter what he would forever be left unfulfilled. His eyes fill with tears as he pulls her close and appreciates what she is giving up for him. He vows to make sure that he never lets her down over this decision.

Darkstar leaves the Owl clan with Min with a sense of purpose, even if he isn't exactly sure where to begin. Although they are outfitted for a long journey he decides to pass by the Lynx clan to see if Greystone could be persuaded to join them on their trek back to the forests of Darkstar's birth.

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”