A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

#381 Post by hedgeknight »

The man, Shumar, attempts to speak to you, his eyes watery, but there is a gag in his mouth...
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#382 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:The man, Shumar, attempts to speak to you, his eyes watery, but there is a gag in his mouth...
OOC: Properly done, to be sure.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#383 Post by Alethan »

Greystone leaves Shumar to Dalivere. Instead, he approaches the nearest Owl and asks, "Where did Shumar sleep? Where was he lodging? We need to make sure all has been secured."

OOC: Greystone will look for any tome-like books in Shumar's quarters. He will show the group the other items he took off of Shumar once the party is gathered after things quiet down for the day. He would be interested in the bracers, if they are magical and protective in nature.

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#384 Post by tazwmg »

Thrugrum will help with the wounded. he will not help with that stinking goblin except to burn his corpse

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere (with Lysander nearby) will remove the gag.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#386 Post by Dogma »

Lysander watches Shumar warily, his sword at the ready. "Be careful, dark one. I will not hesitate to cut you down if I think you are attempting any sorcery."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#387 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar looks Celadon squarely in the eye when he says Redhorn will come, willingly or not. The fate of the world could be at stake if a portal from below was open. Iron fist or not he will come and see the way closed. His posture softening a bit he adds, May I ask for a few aids. Namely a map or direction, a chance to fill my quiver, some food and some cloth for bandages.

To the rest of the party Darkstar addresses, I mean to see the portal closed which means traveling to the Clan of the Stag. Speed is of the essence, if you wish to join me make ready.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#388 Post by hedgeknight »

Owl Camp > Ruffled Feathers

The Owl Elf shows Greystone the hut which Shumar commandeered for the past two weeks. The hut looks like a typical elven dwelling with a cot, a wash stand, a small table with chairs, and an upright closet. Everything looks very neat and organized...very organized.

Just before Dalivere removes Shumar's gag, Lysander gives a warning: "Be careful, dark one. I will not hesitate to cut you down if I think you are attempting any sorcery."
The man nods and then hawks and spits once the gag is removed, coughing and swallowing several times. "I hate those things. Thank you...my friend. I feared you guys were going to kill me."
Shumar.jpg
Shumar.jpg (61.13 KiB) Viewed 957 times
On the ground...Thurgrum helps with the wounded and with the dead Owls; he spits on the dead goblin every time he passes the creature. Darkstar gives Celadon some hope and asks for assistance in finding Redhorn.
"You shall have everything you need," Celadon promises. "But I ask you to help our clan send our dead to the Lady's embrace first. Feast with us and celebrate their lives, heal up, get some rest, and then set out on your quest."

To Thurgrum and Purvan (and Thaleese), Darkstar says, "I mean to see the portal closed which means traveling to the Clan of the Stag. Speed is of the essence, if you wish to join me make ready."
(OOC: I'm also assuming Darkstar will relay this message to the rest of the group too, yes?)

Min and Tohmal walk up to the group, returning from their grisly task; neither have cleaned the blood splatter from their boots or clothing. "The Owls will feed good this week," Min says grimly. "What of the others? Have they found them?"

Celadon closes his eyes and after a few moments, says, "The Wings found a dead black robe not a mile from here...but no sign of the one called Tereena."
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#389 Post by Alethan »

Greystone begins a thorough search of Shumar's hut for secret doors or hiding holes of any kind.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere sits across from shurmur cross legged and flashes his most winning smile.

Sorry for the gag and bonds friend, but there are some here that do not trust you. He gives a shocked expression as if how anyone could not trust shurmur is beyond him.

I convinced them however that you would behave and only wish to help me.

So tell me Shurmur, what is your full name, and from where do you hail?

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#391 Post by Argennian »

Seeing that things with the enemy black robes, especially the Shumar fellow, are now sorted and well in order, Purvan slings his bow and will move to help the Owl clan elves with the gathering of their dead and cleaning up their encampment.

"C'mon, Leesa. Let's help them with their fallen..."
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#392 Post by tazwmg »

Thurgrum will help Purvan also. However, he will keep an eye on that black robe up there. if he sees anything strange, he will move in to kill that critter

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#393 Post by Dogma »

Lysander will just stand guard over Shumar while Dalivere questions him, keeping a close eye on him in case he tries anything.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#394 Post by hedgeknight »

Owl Droppings...

Greystone searches the elven hut. In the closet he finds some elven clothing, mostly shirts and a cloak, two gowns, a pair of stylish boots, three belts with tassles. The clothing appears feminine. There are no hidden or concealed panels in the closet. But on top of the closet, tucked in the farthest corner from the door, is a small tome. Covered in black leather, it is sealed with a silvery clasp etched with the likeness of a raven.
Greystone then checks the cot...and notices something odd near one of the legs > there is a piece of the floor that doesn't quite look right. Kneeling, he fingers the edges of what looks to be a large piece (about 2x2) of flooring. He pushes on it lightly and hears a soft "click." Smiling to himself, he is about to open the secret panel when he hears someone clear their throat.
Turning quickly, he sees an elven woman standing in the doorway, watching him. From her stance, he guesses she has been watching for awhile. Coldly she says, "I can't wait to hear why you are going through my personal things?"
Foxglove.jpg
Foxglove.jpg (28.75 KiB) Viewed 940 times
While Greystone is caught with his "hands in the cookie jar" Dalivere and Lysander are with Shumar. "I am Shumar Trask, of Luskan. And I have things to do. If you'll cut my bonds, I must be getting back. By the way, I did not catch your names, my friend."
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#395 Post by Alethan »

Greystone immediately stands up and looks the female in the eyes.

"Ahh... My apologies. I was sent to retrieve all items belonging to the black robe, Shumar. They said this was his hut..."

He trails off in silence, eyes lowering, as he realizes Shumar probably just stayed with one of the Elven women for... companionship.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#396 Post by wolfpack »

I am Dalivere, and trust me your hands being tied for the time being is the best thing for you you have to trust me on this. I am only looking out for your best interest, you do trust me don't you?

You say you have things to do, what kind of things? And where exactly do you have to get back to? Confide in me and perhaps I can lend you my assistance, you would like my assistance wouldn't you?

Dalivere says all this with a smile and watching closely for any tell tale signs that shurmur may be faking it.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#397 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar sees some wisdom in resting before setting off to find Redhorn of the Stag Clan.
What pf the portal? It stands unguarded? he urges to Celadon.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#398 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:"Ahh... My apologies. I was sent to retrieve all items belonging to the black robe, Shumar. They said this was his hut..."

Frost could form on this woman's face from her reaction to Greystone's statement. She steps into the room and looks around, her right hand resting on the hilt of the sword at her left hip. "He rarely kept anything in here...so I'm told. I've been away...on an errand and just flew in."
She walks over to her closet and Greystone can't help but watch her. Damn, but she moves so well!
"I plan on moving my things. I can feel the taint the black robe left in this room." She shudders slightly and then turns and gives Greystone a long look up and down. "What happened to your arm?"

wolfpack wrote:I am Dalivere, and trust me your hands being tied for the time being is the best thing for you you have to trust me on this. I am only looking out for your best interest, you do trust me don't you?
You say you have things to do, what kind of things? And where exactly do you have to get back to? Confide in me and perhaps I can lend you my assistance, you would like my assistance wouldn't you?

"Well, I guess I should trust you. But isn't trust a two-way street? Don't you trust me?"
Shumar looks up at the paladin for a couple of seconds and then back to Dalivere. I don't trust him, he mouths silently.
Then he says, "I have to get back to Port Llast. I need to report my findings to the Captain. He will be interested to know about the stone archway. I wish your companion had not banished Erastus. He was quite useful. The Captain won't be happy with me, I fear. By the way, where are all my things? I need them before I leave."

Computer +1 wrote:Darkstar sees some wisdom in resting before setting off to find Redhorn of the Stag Clan. What pf the portal? It stands unguarded? he urges to Celadon.

Celadon sighs and nods. "Send a quad of the Wings to guard the gate." He instructs Tohmal before striding away, heading up toward the top of the great cypress. "Darkstar...are you and your friends coming? I need to call a meeting of the Owls > see who's still with us and who's joined the Lady's embrace."
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#399 Post by Alethan »

Greystone looks down at his arm and notices for the first time that it is completely covered in the green tattoo-like swirls of vine.

He reflexively rubs at it with his right hand, wondering when it might have happened. Then he realizes it was from communing with the giant cypress tree.

"It is from the Lady of the Forest. It was the price I paid for saving Celadon," he says, trying to sound mysterious and casual at the same time.

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#400 Post by tazwmg »

Thurgrum sees what appears to him ole black robe getting friendly, "Quit messing around, get him to talk or we can gut him and augury his entralls". Pulls his hammer and glares.

ooc: if Thurgrum feels that Shumar is going to escape, he will move to attack (I know he is up top and Thurgrum is down below, lol).

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”