A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: A Hunting They Will Go > Spring 1358 DR

#361 Post by wolfpack »

Daliveres short shallow breathing steadies as he feels the side for his arrow wound.

Thank you good sir, never before have I been so sorely wounded. I have no doubt the arrow punctured my liver and I would have been dead in a mere matter of minutes.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#362 Post by Dogma »

"Verily,"the paladin replied dryly,"You were most grieviously wounded. Are you well enough now for us to continue or do you need a few momonets for to rest?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by hedgeknight »

Battle for the Owls > Aftermath

Greystone replies to the Owl, "Are their any other exits from those huts?"
"There are exits in the floor with ladders and such leading to the forest floor." the Owl elf replies.
Greystone opens his pack and retrieves his silk cord. "Watch for them while I secure this one."
Greystone drags Shumar to the railing and secures the mage's hands there. He also shoves a wad of cloth, cut from the dead black robe, in Shumar's mouth. "Hope you don't have a cold, mage," he mutters as he strains to tie off the cloth tightly. He then searches the mage's body very thoroughly.
@ Greystone >
You find a pair of bracers, a thick thumb ring, a dagger, three belt pouches, and his staff...which must be pried from his hand.
Meanwhile, on the ground below, Thurgrum systematically strips all of the dead and unconscious black robed figures, leaving them in little but their small clothes. With the help of a couple of the Owl elves, he begins to tie up the unconscious ones, which is a good thing since they are beginning to come around.

Lysander offers healing to the badly wounded, and overly dramatic, Dalivere while Purvan comforts Thaleese, binding her wound, thanking the Lady for seeing them through this.

The elves of the Owl clan begin to gather around the great cypress tree, rallying around their leader, Celadon, who gingerly makes his way to the ground. His face is bruised and cut in many places, scars he will bear to his grave. His eyes are bright, however, and he grits his teeth against the physical pain and walks over to Tohmal, touching the dying elf's body gently here and there, probing for unseen wounds, all the while chanting softly, bathing Tohmal in a greenish glow.
Celadon.png
Celadon.png (148.52 KiB) Viewed 679 times
The healing takes a toll on Celadon and he stands, white-faced and sweaty, but leans on Min as he turns to see everyone. In a strong voice he says, "The Lady must have sent you for we were sore oppressed...enslaved in our own bodies! We offer the hospitality of the Owls to all of you and would invite you to stay with us for a few days while we put our lives back together. All are welcome!" he says, taking in Darkstar, Thurgrum, and even the humans and half-elves.

Actions?

STATS:
Dalivere > down 5
Darkstar > down 16
Greystone > down 4
Lysander > down 3
Purvan > down 7
Thurgrum > down 7
Thaleese > down 5
Kolle > dead
Shumar > held
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#364 Post by Computer +1 »

Looking through the old posts didn't Thurgrum heal Darkstar for 7 points? I believe he should be at 9 down.

Darkstar lets out a long sigh as the fight is over. The toll of all the fighting in the past few days are both physical and mental.
Cousin I would like nothing more then to rest but your freedom is only a part of the problem at hand. The stone gate is in flux and unguarded. Demon spawn have already come through, we must seek to close the gate and end the threat.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#365 Post by Alethan »

Greystone puts the smaller items in his pack for later review. He holds on to the staff, not wanting to leave it anywhere near Shumar.

Then he leans over the railing, listening to Celadon.

When the Owl clan leader finishes, Greystone calls down, "Our work is not yet done. There are still black-robed mages unaccounted for. They disappeared into that hut." He points at the hut further up the ramp with the staff.

He gestures back to Shumar and adds, "Someone should watch this man closely. Here is his staff. I'm going hunting."

Greystone sets the staff down on the walkway, draws his sword, and heads up to the hut where the two black robed mages disappeared. When he gets to it, he'll peer inside if there is no door or listen at the door if there is one to see if he can hear anything inside.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#366 Post by Dogma »

Lysander will heed Greystone's call and proceed up the ramp to help him bring the remaining black robes to justice.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by hedgeknight »

Computer +1 wrote:Looking through the old posts didn't Thurgrum heal Darkstar for 7 points? I believe he should be at 9 down.
You are correct, sir! Thanks for keeping me straight ;)

Darkstar > Cousin I would like nothing more then to rest but your freedom is only a part of the problem at hand. The stone gate is in flux and unguarded. Demon spawn have already come through, we must seek to close the gate and end the threat.
Greystone calls down, "Our work is not yet done. There are still black-robed mages unaccounted for. They disappeared into that hut." He points at the hut further up the ramp with the staff.
He gestures back to Shumar and adds, "Someone should watch this man closely. Here is his staff. I'm going hunting."

Celadon nods at Greystone and then looks at Darkstar. "I might know how to destroy the archway or at least seal it to prevent further access to the lower planes. I am...one of the Keepers, you see. The honor, although some call it a burden, was bestowed upon me long ago by the Lady of the Forest. There are two other Keepers in the Wood > we need them to efficiently seal the archway. Finding them, and convincing them to help...well, that is another matter."

Lysander mounts the walkway and begins to climb the great cypress, wishing to help with the search for the missing black robes. When he reaches the level where the mage, Shumar, is bound, he finds the man very much alert and struggling against his bonds. Shumar tries to talk to Lysander, but the gag in his mouth prevents anything legible coming forth. He looks at Lysander pleadingly.

@ Greystone >
The door to the hut is ajar and you see nothing inside except for the normal things > table, chairs, pallets of woven limbs and leaves. In the floor there is a trap door with a long, knotted cord dropping down. Peering down the hole, you can see that the cord leads nearly to the forest floor below...

STATS (updated):
Dalivere > down 5
Darkstar > down 9
Greystone > down 4
Lysander > down 3
Purvan > down 7
Thurgrum > down 7
Thaleese > down 5
Kolle > dead
Shumar > held
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#368 Post by Alethan »

Greystone returns to the railing and calls down, "They've gone down a rope. One was heavily wounded, so they cannot move that fast. Check the exit below! Don't let them get away!"

He then starts scanning the ground below, looking for anyone in black robes moving away from the large tree. He will continue around to the other side of the tree to check that side, as well.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#369 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar responds to Celadon I feared that this task would not be easy but it must be done. Tell me where to find the other Keepers and I will inform them of the situation he says in a weary voice.

In the meantime someone needs to keep a watch of the gate. Not only watch but be able to repel anything that comes through.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#370 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere will try to gain a high spot to look out into the forest searching for the escaped black robes.

if we can see them I have a spell that can help.

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#371 Post by Dogma »

"Cease your struggles and hold your tongue, black robe." Lysander said to Shumar, "Your time will come. Soon enough you will make an accounting of your evil deeds and pay for your crimes agaisnt thses good people."

tazwmg
Scout
Scout

#372 Post by tazwmg »

Thrugrum will look around, "I don't see any point in keeping the black robes alive, if they have something to say it will be lies. If the wood elves decry it, I saw we end their existence on this plane".

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by hedgeknight »

Battle for the Owls...Aftermath, Part 2

When Celadon hears there may be some black robes who escaped, he purses his lips and gives a shrill whistle. "Send out the Wings!" he commands, his voice booming through the forest. And within seconds, several giant owls...large enough to bear riders...swoop silently through the forest in search of the fugitives.
owlriders.jpg
owlriders.jpg (65.32 KiB) Viewed 657 times
Wood elves follow on the ground accompanied by other owls, some large, some small, either in the air or riding along on shoulders. Celadon smiles grimly, "They will find these fugitives and return them to us. In the meanwhile, and I don't think I've ever agreed with a dwarf," he gives Thurgrum an interesting look, "but after what they've done to us, these men do not deserve to live. Tohmal, Min > you know what to do."

If no one stops them, Min and her brother Tohmal, with the help of some of the wood elves who stayed behind, drags the black robed men away from the ancient cypress, knives in hand.

Celadon turns back to Darkstar. "The Keepers are the three leaders of the elven clans in the Wood. I am one, Summer of the Lynx clan is another, and the third, and likely the most difficult to convince, is Redhorn of the Stag clan. Your companion above, the one who helped save me, he is a Lynx if my eyes are not mistaken. Perhaps he can talk to Summer. As for Redhorn...well, you'll need the luck of the Lady to persuade that one. His clan claims the southern slopes and forests of Mount Hotenow as home. He rules with an iron fist, although some say an iron hoof! He will not come willingly."

STATS:
Dalivere > down 5
Darkstar > down 9
Greystone > down 4
Lysander > down 3
Purvan > down 7
Thurgrum > down 7
Thaleese > down 5
Kolle > dead
Shumar > held
Winter is coming...

Dogma
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#374 Post by Dogma »

"We should interrogate this one," Lysander says, pointing to Shumar, "He seemed to be the leader here and may have knowledge that would be useful to our cause."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere will try to stop the killing of Shurmur he says to celedon.

wait I have a spell I can try that may help get us information. have your people drag this shurmur fellow here I will try to charm him.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by Argennian »

Seeing the elves and their giant owls on the case, Purvan is reassured that any black mages that escaped will be found and adjudicated soon. He finishes consoling Thaleese and addressing her wounds before moving up to stand next to those assessing the restrained Shumar.

Seeing the black mage's staff laying on the walkway nearby, the wounded half-elf turns to the paladin and points to it when he has his attention. "Lysander, do you detect the taint of evil on that staff there? If it appears safe to scrutinize, perhaps we could take a closer look at it?"
wolfpack wrote:... wait I have a spell I can try that may help get us information. have your people drag this Shumar fellow here I will try to charm him.
Purvan smiles fiendishly, eyes wide with excitement. "A brilliant idea, Master Dalivere. The more we know about their plans and numbers, the better off we are!"
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#377 Post by hedgeknight »

Just to clarify > Shumar is still tied up to the railing...about 60 feet over your heads! ;)
Only Greystone and Lysander is up in the tree, with the rest of you being on the ground. Lysander has direct access, currently, to Shumar. Okie doke? Carry on! :mrgreen:
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#378 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:Just to clarify > Shumar is still tied up to the railing...about 60 feet over your heads! ;)
Only Greystone and Lysander is up in the tree, with the rest of you being on the ground. Lysander has direct access, currently, to Shumar. Okie doke? Carry on! :mrgreen:

We kan haz XP now?? :)

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:[We kan haz XP now?? :)
As soon as I post it. ;)
Winter is coming...

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by wolfpack »

Dalivere yells up above

Save the black robe for me!

To the others below

Any books or such you find on the black robes I would be interested in perusing. they could perhaps hold spells or even information on their plans.

He will then head up to where shurmur is and has a seat in front of the man.
I see no reason we have to be at such odds, perhaps we can work out our differences and work together.

casts charm person

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”