Darkstar & Nokrugh > The Crags

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Darkstar & Nokrugh > The Crags

#81 Post by hedgeknight »

While Darkstar tries to stay awake, the other elves (Greystone, Cumber, & Wood) systemically pilfer the bodies of the dead orcs. And surprisingly, they find some good coin and weapons that are free of rust.
(Total of 150 gold, and enough swords, daggers, spears, etc to outfit 20 warriors. I'll put this in the Loot thread along with XP awards.)

Also, you note that all of the Orcs have something in common > a brand upon the left cheek; it looks like a crude form of a capital letter "B" and is bubbled and raised on the skin. Most of the brands seem to be old scars, but a few look recent, still angry and red in color. "What do you make of these scars?"Thaleese asks, making a copy of them in a journal.

@Greystone >
It is a mark your clan knows well. It is the mark of the Bloodbones > a vicious Orc tribe with no respect for any living thing but themselves.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#82 Post by Alethan »

Greystone notes the branding on the orcs' faces and informs the others of what it means.

"Bloodbones. They're a vicious orc tribe, with no respect for any living thing but themselves."
lol... sorry. :)
"Not sure what their warpath activity means, but I'm sure it isn't good." He turns to Wood and Cumber and adds, "And it is something the elders should know about."

Loot gathered, Greystone glances over at the exhausted form of Darkstar and says, "Let's clear from this battlefield and find a place to make camp for the night. Then we can figure out what to do next in the morning..."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:Loot gathered, Greystone glances over at the exhausted form of Darkstar and says, "Let's clear from this battlefield and find a place to make camp for the night. Then we can figure out what to do next in the morning..."
Just an FYI > it's about 9:00 am and I'm cool with you holing up for the day, but you could get a long way back toward the Lynx camp between now and then. That being said...

"We just killed 20 of their warriors. Why not let Darkstar lead us back to the Orc camp and finish them off while we have daylight?"
Cumber suggests, while taking a piss...on the back of one of the dead Orcs. Wood rolls her eyes, smiling, while Thaleese gasps and turns away, clearly embarrassed.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:
Alethan wrote:Loot gathered, Greystone glances over at the exhausted form of Darkstar and says, "Let's clear from this battlefield and find a place to make camp for the night. Then we can figure out what to do next in the morning..."
Just an FYI > it's about 9:00 am and I'm cool with you holing up for the day, but you could get a long way back toward the Lynx camp between now and then. That being said...

"We just killed 20 of their warriors. Why not let Darkstar lead us back to the Orc camp and finish them off while we have daylight?"
Cumber suggests, while taking a piss...on the back of one of the dead Orcs. Wood rolls her eyes, smiling, while Thaleese gasps and turns away, clearly embarrassed.

OOC: Oh, oops! Sorry. Guess the whole bit about Darkstar being tired threw me off on the time of day. Yeah, no need to camp just yet, then! Let's find some natural caffeinated leaves for Darkstar to chew on and get him back on his feet.

"Let's hunt some orc."

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#85 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar shakes his head. I need a rest and their camp is in the wrong direction. I would make for the Lynx Clan to report and sleep. He looks at the group, I was hunted all night by the Orcs until I ran into the Hobs and you all came to the rescue. I have had enough for today.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by Alethan »

Greystone nods in understanding.

"You fall back to the middle, then, cousin; I'll lead us back home."

Greystone orients himself to his surroundings and begins heading west, back towards Neverwinter Woods.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar nods in gratitude and moves to the middle to head out.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Argennian »

hedgeknight wrote:... Also, you note that all of the Orcs have something in common > a brand upon the left cheek; it looks like a crude form of a capital letter "B" and is bubbled and raised on the skin. Most of the brands seem to be old scars, but a few look recent, still angry and red in color. "What do you make of these scars?" Thaleese asks, making a copy of them in a journal.
Purvan removes his own journal from his pack to notate the mark on the humanoids' left cheek, as well as document the battle with the orcs and the following encounter and parley with Nokrugh and the hobgoblins. He's relieved that Greystone and Darkstar decided not to follow the half-orc on his quest and remain committed to their mutual mission.

When the plan to return to the Lynx camp is agreed to, the half-elf gathers his gear and falls in with Thaleese to follow the others back west through the Neverwinter Wood. He makes small talk with his young fellow investigator as they walk. "... Remind me that I need to get a new string for my bow when we return to their camp, Leesa. Gotta make sure I don't pull on that darn thing too hard again!"

OOC: latest XP award notated too! :)
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by hedgeknight »

Fellers > I moved the last few posts back to the Neverwinter Woods thread, our thread for future posts. Will close this one.
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”