Neverwinter Woods - Spring 1358 DR

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Neverwinter Woods - Spring 1358 DR

#241 Post by hedgeknight »

Fantastic recap! I needed some tea just reading it! :mrgreen:

While Greystone is recalling the events of the werewolf hunt and battle, the elders are interested, yet not fully engaged. But when the tale turns to the Lady of the Forest, they stare at Greystone in surprise and almost giddy disbelief! And when he finishes, all of them begin speaking and asking questions at the same time.

"Was it really the Lady of the Forest?"
"I want to meet her! I want to meet her!"
"What does it mean?"
"She is watching over us > I just knew it!"
"Praise the Lady and all her goodness!"
"I want to meet her! I want a gift from her too!"

After several seconds of craziness, Summer finally stands and the rest of the elders quieten down...except for young Winter who is tugging on Greystone's sleeve begging the scout to take him to meet the Lady of the Forest. But when Summer clears her throat, the young elf frowns and pouts and walks slowly back to his chair.
"Well, that was...that was something!" Summer says, breathless, her cheeks flushed. "With the Lady's blessings, truly this will be a year to remember. And as always, young Cerulean, you have proved your worth time and time again to our clan. We are honored by your presence." She walks to a small table nearby and pours herself and the other elders some wine; she also pours a glass for Greystone.
"Now, on to other matters. This human who left in the middle of the night...Tarrin, I believe you said his name was...is he a threat to us? Do we need to track him down?"
Greystone knows full well what is meant by "track him down" but before he can answer, Elder Autumn stands and says, "If I recall correctly, is not this human a Dalesman? And did he not arrive in the Wood via the magical gate you mentioned? The same gate as these dark robed figures? Perhaps he IS dangerous, elders. We will discuss this further."

Autumn sits down and the lovely Elder Spring stands to speak. "Cerulean...are your certain the servants of the Beast Lord have been vanquished? We have had no reports of lycanthropy in the Wood and I would hate to see it happen here so close to home. The Lady knows that would be a disaster!"
She is flushed and nervous just talking about Malar and his wickedness. The thought of actually combating were-creatures is very troubling to her and she glances at Greystone's bracelet more than once while she talks.
As soon as Spring takes her seat, Winter jumps up and says, "Greystone, can you show me what the bracelet does? And can you teach me how to skin a deer? And pick mistletoe from the top of the oak?"
The other elders groan and Summer covers her face with her hands. "They say I'm not supposed to be doing those kinds of things. That instead I should be reading and studying and learning how to be an elder."
"Well, you should!" Autumn says, rather loudly, causing Winter to pout again and look at Greystone for help.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#242 Post by Alethan »

"Well..." Greystone begins, a somewhat perplexed look on his face, "Tarrin is the human who came to our camp when Darkstar planted Winter's new seed." He looks at Winter and continues, "So I would not expect you to remember him, little one, for you were in a time of transition. But... even though I was... away... when this happened, I was quickly told about the strange human's meeting with our Elders upon my return."

(Reference: viewtopic.php?p=27782#p27782)

He shrugs, "Regardless... yes, I believe he is the human who arrived through a magical gate, somewhere in the Owl Clan territory. I do not believe him to be a specific danger to our clan, though I fear his wild magic grows in him too quickly. His control of it seems to slip with every use. At some point, he WILL be dangerous to those around him, but I think he will be far away from us when that happens."

He turns to Spring and says, "I do not know if all lycanthropy has been banished from Neverwinter Wood. But Feldar, the Beast Lord's puppet, is no more. Thus the concerted efforts of the shapeshifters to wreck havock in our woods has been thwarted. This is just supposition, but I assume any remaining shapeshifters, without the leadership of Feldar, would be much less of a menace. They can either easily be destroyed or chased off, if they don't leave on their own."

His gaze wanders as his thoughts turn inward. Finally, he adds, "The hermit, Rast, and the Lady of the Forest both seemed to think the lycanthrope threat has been, for the most part, neutralized. Believe me, Spring," he once again looks at her, "Like you, I don't want neutral. I want dead." He shifts his weight slightly, "But maybe that task is for others to complete, not me." He shrugs. "I have come to terms with that."

Finally, Greystone turns back to Winter and addresses him in a friendly tone, "Master Winter, some day I would show you how the bracelet works. But we should always remember, such magic is not a toy. It should be used with thoughtfulness and necessity and reverence. And," he points out the designs on his arm, "its use is not without cost."

As the youth considers his words, he, too, considers his next thoughts.

"Forgive me if I overstep my bounds, Elders, but..." he looks down at the ground in front of him for a second, then seems to come to a decision."But if young Winter is to be a leader of the tribe, then... he should have a good understanding of the tribe. By that, I mean... he should at least have some functional knowledge of tasks typical to other members of the tribe, such as skinning a deer and harvesting mistletoe toe."

Before Winter can react, though, he adds, "Likewise, it might do him good to learn patience through the mundane tasks of fletching an arrow or weaving a basket and humility through the digging of a privvy."

OOC: Edited to change "Malar" to "Feldar", as we didn't really kill a god...
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Argennian »

Purvan forces himself to blink and breath again when Summer walks by. As Greystone makes to follow her to meet with his elder tribesmen, he meets the Sylvan elf's hard gaze and offers a nod of silent understanding. He then turns to consider young Thaleese and chances a friendly grasp of her forearm. "I believe we're safe enough here, Leesa," he opines with a smile and reaffirming nod, hoping to gauge her thoughts.

hedgeknight wrote:... Several wood elven children and a few young adults gather around the half-elf investigator and his human companion. Their demeanor seems to be one of curiosity, but there are a few sour faces and terse whisperings. After a few moments, a young wood elf steps forward and says, "Greetings and welcome. I am Rin > are you friends of Greystone? Where is Neverwinter? And who is Oghma?" ....

Purvan takes note of the sour faces and terse whispers but keeps a neutral, relaxed look to his visage. He nods to the young Wood elf when she approaches and introduces himself. "Well met, Rin. My name is Purvan. This is my friend, Thaleese," he says, turning to introduce the young woman. "I thank you and your tribe for honoring us with this hospitality."
~ "We have both just yesterday met Greystone and his companion Darkstar. They are both honorable men and I would be content to call either of them friends, if and when I could."
~ "Neverwinter is past the wood to the west, close to the shores of the Trackless Sea. It is a busy city that never sleeps. It is neither quiet, private, nor peaceful like here in the Wood."
~ "Oghma is known as the god of knowledge. He is also known as The Binder and patron deity of bards. It is the temple of Oghma and it's House of Knowledge that we serve, my friend and I."

Purvan smiles in what he hopes is a disarming manner to the curious youngster. He looks around with his smile to see if Trell the taunter is watching the conversation.
Last edited by Argennian on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NPC gender correction!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by hedgeknight »

Argennian wrote:Purvan smiles in what he hopes is a disarming manner to the curious youngster. He looks around with his smile to see if Trell the taunter is watching the conversation.
Trell is nowhere to be seen, but several of the wood elves give Purvan and Thaleese sideways glances before walking away. But not Rin. She smiles and says, "Sounds like you're on an adventure. Oghma sounds nice. I like bards too. In fact, I'm gonna be one some day! Wanna hear me play my flute?" Without waiting for an answer, the young girl fishes in her pockets and pulls out pieces of carved wood and begins to fit them together.
Suddenly, two wood elves come rushing by, a man and a woman, both with scars on their faces. The woman glances at Purvan and Thaleese, but neither say anything as they hurry toward the huge tree where Greystone went to meet with the Elders.

Alethan wrote:"Forgive me if I overstep my bounds, Elders, but..." he looks down at the ground in front of him for a second, then seems to come to a decision."But if young Winter is to be a leader of the tribe, then... he should have a good understanding of the tribe. By that, I mean... he should at least have some functional knowledge of tasks typical to other members of the tribe, such as skinning a deer and harvesting mistletoe toe."
Before Winter can react, though, he adds, "Likewise, it might do him good to learn patience through the mundane tasks of fletching an arrow or weaving a basket and humility through the digging of a privvy."
Winter gives Greystone a look of shock and disgust, while Elder Spring turns her head to hide her smile. "Very wise indeed, young Cerulean," Elder Autumn says, crossing his arms, spilling a little wine down his robe...which, not that you look closely, has more than a few such stains.
Suddenly, there seems to be a disturbance on the outside of the doors with voices raised in urgency, and then the voices of the guards raised in command. With a flick of her wrist, Elder Summer compels the doors to open inward...to reveal the two guards with swords drawn, standing directly in the entrance. Beyond them are two elves Greystone recognizes immediately > Cumber and Wood.
"Let them pass," Summer commands, setting down her wine glass and walking closer.
The guards obey at once and the two elves come inside the chamber and both go to one knee before the elders of their clan. Cumber hold forth his hand and in his palm is a coin...covered in blood. "Darkstar has called for help! He must be in trouble somewhere in the forest. Wood and I are going to find him. Do we have your leave?"
Elder Summer looks at the coin, then at Cumber, then at Greystone. "What do you know of this, Cerulean?"
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#245 Post by Alethan »

Greystone shakes his head, "I'm not sure... But orc and goblin activity is certainly on the rise in the border woods. We dispatched a small party of hobgoblins and a small giant on our way here. We came across orc sign and the old manor house was teeming with goblins and wargs. He was trying to backtrack towards the human's cabin to meet up with a former companion of ours. But I know not what danger he faces."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#246 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:Greystone shakes his head, "I'm not sure... But orc and goblin activity is certainly on the rise in the border woods. We dispatched a small party of hobgoblins and a small giant on our way here. We came across orc sign and the old manor house was teeming with goblins and wargs. He was trying to backtrack towards the human's cabin to meet up with a former companion of ours. But I know not what danger he faces."
"A giant? By the Lady!" Cumber says, and then suddenly remembers where he is and grumbles an apology.
"How long ago were you at the cabin, Cerulean?" Elder Spring asks, her brow furrowed in worry.
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#247 Post by Alethan »

Greystone thinks for a moment...
* left the cabin at dawn
* several hours later came across the orc sign
* another hour later found the Lady of the Forest
* Darkstar turned back and the rest continued on
* it was well into the next day (the current day) before coming into familiar territory

...before replying, "We left the cabin at yesterday's dawn. There was maybe an hour delay circling the orc sign and another hour delay when we met the Lady of the Forest, and we camped last night; otherwise, it was fairly moderately-paced travel."

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Argennian »

hedgeknight wrote:... Trell is nowhere to be seen, but several of the wood elves give Purvan and Thaleese sideways glances before walking away. But not Rin. She smiles and says, "Sounds like you're on an adventure. Oghma sounds nice. I like bards too. In fact, I'm gonna be one some day! Wanna hear me play my flute?" Without waiting for an answer, the young girl fishes in her pockets and pulls out pieces of carved wood and begins to fit them together. ...
Purvan smiles encouragingly to the eager young elf maiden to rebuff the sideways glances he and his human friend receive from some of the other elves. "Yes, I believe I would like to hear some music, Rin. Please do play away!" he offers with a wink to Thaleese.
hedgeknight wrote:... Suddenly, two wood elves come rushing by, a man and a woman, both with scars on their faces. The woman glances at Purvan and Thaleese, but neither say anything as they hurry toward the huge tree where Greystone went to meet with the Elders.
The half elf investigator glances right back at the two of them as they pass by and head towards where Greystone is speaking with the elders. He notates the interaction with the two guards there as he listens to Rin's bardish aspirations, and their eventually admission to the meeting.

"Hmm, that looked potentially serious. Whadaya think, Leese?" he asks, looking over to see if she's watching and if not at least enjoying the music!
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:"We left the cabin at yesterday's dawn. There was maybe an hour delay circling the orc sign and another hour delay when we met the Lady of the Forest, and we camped last night; otherwise, it was fairly moderately-paced travel."[/dialog]
"That's nearly two days travel!" Cumber says, shaking his head, running his fingers through his hair. "If Darkstar is in deep trouble, we might not make it in time."
Summer paces a moment before saying, "Well, there is another way of traveling. Cumber, do you think you could find Darkstar on your own?"
"Yes, Elder, the blood would draw me to him."
"Then we can send you to him just as easily, although it will take all of us. Greystone, are you and your companions going to or are you staying?"

Meanwhile, on the forest floor below...
Rin plays her heart out to the delight of Thaleese and Purvan, but to hidden derision from the other wood elf children. (Truth told, she isn't very good or practiced.) After a minute or so, the wood elves begin to wander away to their own tasks.
Once Purvan notices the commotion above, and mentions it to Thaleese, she says, "I hope it has something to do with the hag and the wyvern. Maybe they found her!"
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#250 Post by Alethan »

"If there is a way to get to them sooner, then of course I'm going," Greystone replies, a bit abruptly. "I shouldn't have left him to go back on his own. We should have all backtracked to pick up the other person. Or... we should have all come here first, then headed back. Whatever. I'll not leave him now, though. But... I cannot speak for the halfkin or the human. With your leave, I will go ask them."

(Assuming leave is given...)

Greystone approaches Purvan and Thaleese and says, "Darkstar is in trouble. What kind of trouble, we do not know, but I need to leave with Cumber and Wood to go help him. If you do not care to help, I understand. However, if you want to earn the respect of the Lynx clan, this might be a good way to start..." He leaves it at that, pivots in place, and returns to the chamber, not looking to see if the two follow him.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Argennian »

hedgeknight wrote:Meanwhile, on the forest floor below...
Rin plays her heart out to the delight of Thaleese and Purvan, but to hidden derision from the other wood elf children. (Truth told, she isn't very good or practiced.) After a minute or so, the wood elves begin to wander away to their own tasks.
Once Purvan notices the commotion above, and mentions it to Thaleese, she says, "I hope it has something to do with the hag and the wyvern. Maybe they found her!"
"I hope they've found her too, Leesa," Purvan reassures her after an encouraging nod to Rin to continue playing. It might sound horrible to the other elves but it sounds beautiful to the young half breed outsider. She has disarmed the tension of their presence here amongst her other kin with her music, and has brought a strange, calming peace to the scene. That a girl, Rin. Keep on playing... he thinks in the back of his mind to accompany his smile of thanks and relief.

Purvan turns his smile towards his fellow outsider. He asks her to sit down with him and get comfortable while they wait for Greystone to speak with his tribal elders. He considers the young woman he finds himself thrown together with by chance and happenstance. He sits down close to her and lowers his voice. "Regardless of what it has to do with, Leesa, I think we owe our allegiances to these elves. What happened back in that field," he offers with an exhale of honesty and wonder still. He holds up the small surely-magical mirror to look at it with her. He has to put it away suddenly however, as he eventually finds himself looking at her through the reflection. He moves the mirror over-abruptly and tries to cover it by clearing his throat and looking around, obviously embarrassed she caught him looking. "Ahem... yes, well, anyways, the way I see it... our masters bid us come out here and get some answers, right? That was our mission. Well, I know these elves have some of those answers. They know these woods better than anyone and enjoy the favor and occasional audience with the Lady of the Forest herself. An ally of the divine kind is about as big as it gets, I figure. Heh, I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it! What about you?
"Anyways, they've already been confronting encroaching patrols of humanoids, and they knew about the gates, and the hag. We're all after the same thing here. Yeah, we were sent out here to investigate what's happening, and report back what we found, but we're way beyond that. Now it's personal,"
he explains with a look of resolve and a promise.
"We'll get even with that 'ol hag and her wyvern! I don't know how yet but we'll avenge Bartolo and Drake. I swear it. Her and her pet were looking for us alright. That was no random encounter that took your friends, that was an ambush! But for or in response to what? Against those that we serve? Our mere presence? Yeah, we're in the middle of all this all right. I don't know what's going to happen now, but no matter where this goes, Leesa, I'm in. Okay?"

Alethan wrote:... Greystone approaches Purvan and Thaleese and says, "Darkstar is in trouble. What kind of trouble, we do not know, but I need to leave with Cumber and Wood to go help him. If you do not care to help, I understand. However, if you want to earn the respect of the Lynx clan, this might be a good way to start..." He leaves it at that, pivots in place, and returns to the chamber, not looking to see if the two follow him.
"I care to help, Master Greystone. You can count on that," Purvan responds with more than a businessman-like nod of commitment. He follows the Wood elf back to the council.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by hedgeknight »

Argennian wrote:"Regardless of what it has to do with, Leesa, I think we owe our allegiances to these elves. What happened back in that field," he offers with an exhale of honesty and wonder still. He holds up the small surely-magical mirror to look at it with her. He has to put it away suddenly however, as he eventually finds himself looking at her through the reflection. He moves the mirror over-abruptly and tries to cover it by clearing his throat and looking around, obviously embarrassed she caught him looking. "Ahem... yes, well, anyways, the way I see it... our masters bid us come out here and get some answers, right? That was our mission. Well, I know these elves have some of those answers. They know these woods better than anyone and enjoy the favor and occasional audience with the Lady of the Forest herself. An ally of the divine kind is about as big as it gets, I figure. Heh, I wouldn't have believed it had I not seen it! What about you?
"Anyways, they've already been confronting encroaching patrols of humanoids, and they knew about the gates, and the hag. We're all after the same thing here. Yeah, we were sent out here to investigate what's happening, and report back what we found, but we're way beyond that. Now it's personal,"
he explains with a look of resolve and a promise.
"We'll get even with that 'ol hag and her wyvern! I don't know how yet but we'll avenge Bartolo and Drake. I swear it. Her and her pet were looking for us alright. That was no random encounter that took your friends, that was an ambush! But for or in response to what? Against those that we serve? Our mere presence? Yeah, we're in the middle of all this all right. I don't know what's going to happen now, but no matter where this goes, Leesa, I'm in. Okay?"

Thaleese blushes along with Purvan over the mirror "incident" but quickly recovers and says, "What happened back in the field, well, I don't really know how to explain that. But I want to get to the bottom of it. I want to find out why I lost two good friends. And I want someone to answer for that! So, yes, I'm in too!"
"I care to help, Master Greystone. You can count on that," Purvan responds with more than a businessman-like nod of commitment. He follows the Wood elf back to the council.
Purvan and Thaleese follow Greystone back to the council room where the wood elf Elders are waiting. Summer does not even look at the two newcomers when she speaks. "Like we transported you with the dryad, we can do the same to help you find your companions. Cumber, are you and Wood ready?"
Cumber nods and so does his stoic female companion, Wood. "Then give us a few minutes while we prepare the ritual of sending."
The five of you step outside the room onto the wide balcony which runs up the side of the ancient tree. While you wait, Cumber looks at Purvan and Thaleese and asks, "Why are you here? How do you know Greystone and Darkstar?"

Any preparations before you leave?
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#253 Post by Alethan »

Greystone nods and is about to indicate he is ready, but then says,"Wait... If Darkstar is badly hurt, I might have need of healing salve or potion. Have we any more to spare?"

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by Argennian »

hedgeknight wrote:... The five of you step outside the room onto the wide balcony which runs up the side of the ancient tree. While you wait, Cumber looks at Purvan and Thaleese and asks, "Why are you here? How do you know Greystone and Darkstar?" ...
"We were sent to the Neverwinter Wood by our masters, to investigate the ongoing disturbances that continue to occur here. I hail from Neverwinter and my friend Thaleese from Longsaddle. When we came to arrive at a cabin towards the end of our first day here, we were ambushed by a large wyvern with a rider. Two of our companions were taken from our midst and slain by the winged beast before we could react. We fired upon it and it's rider, and although we did not succeed in returning the favor, they did at least fly off and away. While we searched for the remains of our lost companions along the hillside near the cabin, we came to meet up with Greystone and Darkstar. They were in the company of a human named Tarrin at the time. We all of us then spent that night at the cabin. Once we had the chance to speak of ourselves and our respective missions, and realized we had similar designs in finding out more about the disturbances and what might be behind them, my friend and I agreed to accompany Greystone and Darkstar back here. That's about it, really," Purvan offers, hoping his explanation will be enough. He looks to Thaleese to see if she wishes to add anything.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by hedgeknight »

Cumber gives a brief nod. "Good enough for me. If Greystone vouches for you, you're welcome to come along. The more help, the better."
Alethan wrote:Greystone nods and is about to indicate he is ready, but then says,"Wait... If Darkstar is badly hurt, I might have need of healing salve or potion. Have we any more to spare?"

"Absolutely! I'll be right back!" Elder Spring says, hurrying out of the chamber...only to return a minute or two later, gingerly holding three glass vials. "These are double strength and should heal any wound. Use them wisely." (3 potions of extra-healing - cannot be sipped or divided)

Once the five companions are ready, the Elders gather around them, hands joined, chanting while Cumber holds the bloodied coin in his palm. Threads of arcane power spring from the coin to mingle with other threads forming out of the air around the Elders. The threads begin to swirl, faster and faster, gaining momentum. A vortex of sorts forms around the group and the there is a "tug" on the inside of their stomachs, followed by the sensation of movement without actually moving. Seconds later, the group finds themselves standing on the side of a lightly wooded ridge...with a battle taking place around them!

(Move to the Crags thread for further revelations. But wait until I "introduce" you before you post. ;) )
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#256 Post by Alethan »

Greystone passes one of the vials to Purvan for safe keeping. "Never know who might need healing," he says, as he hands it over.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Argennian »

Alethan wrote:Greystone passes one of the vials to Purvan for safe keeping. "Never know who might need healing," he says, as he hands it over.
"Indeed. Thank you, Greystone," Purvan replies curtly before stealing a quick glance over at Thaleese.

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by hedgeknight »

Journey Back Home...

The journey back through the woods and to the camp of Lynx clan of wood elves takes the rest of the day and half of the following. Exhausted and bone tired, your group is greeted by a patrol of elves with two giant lynxes, one being Surefoot, who growls a warm welcome when Cumber and Wood ruffle and scratch his ears. The giant lynx sniffs Greystone and Darkstar and then Purvan and a very nervous Thaleese.
As the group approaches the camp proper, it is late afternoon. The breeze is cool and night is quickly approaching. It is time for rest and recuperation. It is time to count your blessings, repair equipment, regain your health...and prepare to leave again all too soon. The stone archway awaits Purvan and Thaleese...and Greystone and Darkstar have agreed to escort them there.

But for now, there is a tune in the air and a few voices raised to bring on the evening. The aroma of meat on the spit wafts toward you, causing your bellies to grumble, reminding you again of how long it has been since you sat down for a good meal. Cumber looks over his shoulder and smiles. "Nothing like coming home, eh cousins?"

Alright, fellers > time for a little R&R. Post any actions you plan to do for the rest of the night and the next day. In a day and a half, you'll be heading out for the stone archway!

Darkstar smile is strained as his thoughts drift to his own home being gone. The elves and noise around him suddenly seem colder as he thinks about not having a place or family of his own to return to.

Greystone stands next to Darkstar in silence for a moment, allowing the other elf his thoughts.

But he allows him not more than a few moments before saying,"This can be your home now, too, cousin. We would be proud to call you a clansman."
"And once we are strong enough, we will find out who killed your people and bring justice to them with swift arrow and keen edge."

Darkstar smiles sadly at Greystone and clasps him on the shoulder.

Purvan holds Thaleese's shaking hand when the giant lynx moves over to smell them, knowing that she is nervous around the massive felines and could use the support. The half elf investigator averts his gaze, trying not to look the big cat in the eye when it gets close. Seems he could use the support too...

When the tired party arrives at the elf encampment, Purvan watches the exchange between Darkstar and Greystone and considers their words if he can overhear them unintentionally. He looks over to Thaleese and smiles, happy that she wasn't hurt during their latest and fairly eventful mission. The half-elf considers everything that they've been through these last few days with a deep exhale of relief as he welcomes the safety of their surroundings. That he and his young fellow investigator from Longsaddle have befriended these elves, let alone being chosen to have audience with an immortal of the forest, is indeed a blessing, and not just to their respective missions.

Purvan will look to get his short bow repaired and top off his quiver if he can acquire or purchase any more flight arrows from Greystone or his clan. He will be sure to document everything he can in his journal, as well as his thoughts and ramblings about the incredible events that have transpired.

If he can gain the help of Greystone's elders in identifying exactly what the oval disk given him by the Lady of the Forest does, he will do so. He will encourage Thaleese to show them the magical accorn as well, in hope that it garners a sense of trust and understanding with the elves.
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by hedgeknight »

Evening in the camp of the Lynx clan...

The air is cool but the low fires and the elven wine keeps everyone warm. And if those aren't enough, there is always the company of another under the furs...

Lianalee finds Greystone as the evening wanes, a bottle of elven wine in hand. "I'm cold, Cerulean...and lonely. Won't you help keep me warm tonight?" She is wearing dark gray fur boots and a fairly short and thin dress of midnight blue. The dress hugs her body and Greystone remembers that body...every beautiful inch of it. "I've missed you..."

Darkstar watches as Lianalee attempts to rekindle an old love affair, and looks away, staring into the fire. But then, across the fire, the archer sees that two young wood elven females seem to be watching him, smiling, glancing up at him, and then shyly turning away. After a few seconds, both get up and walk over to him, blocking his view of the fire. "You are the friend of Greystone, are you not?" Says one of the young woman, dressed in soft doe skin leathers, with deep brown eyes.
"We're going for a walk > would you like to come with us?" asks the second woman, with short brown hair and wearing a shirt of sewn squirrel furs. "We won't bite...much." Both break into a fit of the giggles, and before they subside, the first speaker offers her hand...

Purvan and Thaleese are enjoying themselves by another fire where they are entertained by singers and dancers, acting out scenes of battle and love. Even in the cool of the night, the dancers are sweating, and wearing very little. And the way they move and they way they touch and hold each other...well, Purvan can sense that Thaleese is both a little embarrassed and excited. Of course, the way her arm is linked through his might also give him some indication.
"I have never seen...anything like this!"she whispers, looking at him. Her cheeks are flushed - could be from the cold...or the wine - and her hair is pulled back and held with a bow given to her by the little elven girl, Rin.
"I'm glad I'm here...and I'm glad you are with me."
And then she kisses Purvan lightly on the mouth.

Actions?
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#260 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar sees the exchange of Lianalee and Greystone and feels his own heavy heart grow that much heavier. As he stares into the flames the feeling of being watched overtakes him and he sees the two females looking at him. His pulse quickens in excitement as they move over. Their offer to join them stirs a memory from the beginning of this adventure of Min offering herself while under the influence of a sylvan creature. He think about Min seductive, flush with excitement and his own loneliness. Did the magic cause her to come to him or was she interested herself already he wonders.

He smiles at the two elven maids before him a sad smile, I fear I will be poor company tonight... is his reply as he looks back into the flames.

He thinks about the encounter with the werewolves and how close he came to dying. He remembers the voice of his father that he heard while only partially conscious. "Live my son. One day you we will hunt again but first you must live."

Darkstar stands up and puts his arms around both females Then again perhaps a little biting will lighten my mood he says with a smile.

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”