Bloodcurse: Into the Woods

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Bloodcurse: Into the Woods

#341 Post by hedgeknight »

As you recall, it is nearly five days walk back to Rast's hut...but right now it's beginning to get dark. You left your horses in the Blood Grove...wonder if they are still there? Hmmmm.... :twisted:

You guys ARE beat up pretty bad, and healing potions/spells/salves won't do you much good when you're dead. Just saying... ;)
Winter is coming...

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#342 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin smiles in relief when he sees Dorn. "You, sir, are insane. But I am glad you are still alive. My condolences for your brothers, but hopefully we've stopped any further depredations."

He trailed off and looked at the rest of the group. "Hopefully. Alright. Time to take stock. Who here was wounded by one of the werewolves? We're going to need to go beg more elven slipper off of the elves, and we need to know how much.

"Also, we should find our horses, if they're still alive, and bring them back here. We can't get far enough away from here to escape pursuit if it comes, so we'll make use of the tor for defense against anything that might come at us tonight. Then tomorrow we can head back. I'll have healing spells for the worst wounded tomorrow morning as well."
He looked around, shaking off the last of the post-battle fatigue and clapped his hands quietly. "Let's get moving."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#343 Post by Alethan »

Greystone's eyes go wide with fear as the human mentions being wounded by the werewolves. He glances over at Darkstar, then looks down at his own wounds and says, "Darkstar and I have both been severely wounded by Feldar. But," he adds, "as far as I know, neither of us was bitten. I don't know if that makes a difference. Not sure I'm willing to take the chance, though." He glances at the others, "I can't speak for anyone else; I was too busy fighting to notice. We do have one dose against the disease that Rast gave us. We should at least use it now on... someone."

He nods in Darkstar's direction and says, "If it is just the two of us, then give it to my cousin." But inside his head, his body is screaming, "ME! ME! Give it to ME!"

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, concentrating on staying calm.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#344 Post by hedgeknight »

The wolves in the cavern snarl and howl, and the werewolf leader, Feldar, roars in fury and they attack with renewed savagery. Greystone slashes wildly at Feldar with his knife, but the werewolf grabs his wrist and pulls him close...biting into the elf's neck and shoulder! (8 pts)
(Pg. 16, battle post #10, bold for emphasis)

Dorn nods to Tarrin in a gesture of thanks, and says, "The rising dust from the collapse of the caverns and the smell of blood and death will attract monsters as sure as shit. And the Ogress may get hungry during the night too...and come looking fer a meal. We can camp here, but it be dangerous; same as the Blood Grove, I reckon."
He looks at Tarrin and Greystone, assuming them to be the group's leaders, and shrugs. "But we do whatever you say best."
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#345 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:
The wolves in the cavern snarl and howl, and the werewolf leader, Feldar, roars in fury and they attack with renewed savagery. Greystone slashes wildly at Feldar with his knife, but the werewolf grabs his wrist and pulls him close...biting into the elf's neck and shoulder! (8 pts)
(Pg. 16, battle post #10, bold for emphasis)

Dorn nods to Tarrin in a gesture of thanks, and says, "The rising dust from the collapse of the caverns and the smell of blood and death will attract monsters as sure as shit. And the Ogress may get hungry during the night too...and come looking fer a meal. We can camp here, but it be dangerous; same as the Blood Grove, I reckon."
He looks at Tarrin and Greystone, assuming them to be the group's leaders, and shrugs. "But we do whatever you say best."
Aw, fuckadoodledoo...

It looks like Darkstar only ever received slashes, though...
"But then, delivers a vicious backhanded swipe at Darkstar's face and chest, ripping deep into the archer's flesh! (8 pts)"
"Feldar snarls and slashes at Darkstar, raking the wood elf across the face and down his chest!"

Trying to recall the details of the fight, Greystone reaches up and gingerly touches his shoulder as he remembers the large werewolf pulling him in close and biting him on the shoulder.

"Wait... I was bit," is all he can say before he lapses into silence...

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#346 Post by Hoondatha »

"You get it, then," Tarrin said firmly. "Anyone else, and I'm still waiting to hear who got injured," he added, glaring about at the group, "will need to wait for the slipper."

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#347 Post by Alethan »

With shaking hands, Greystone accepts the packet of Carnation powder and... (snorts it? Inhales it?) he opens the pouch. Leaning forward, he puts the pouch up to his mouth and nose and inhales deeply from it for several minutes, until it feels like he is no longer inhaling any of the powder.

He sits back, head spinning wildly, waiting to see if he notices the effects of the powder immediately, wondering if he'll even be able to note a change.

"I could... use a bit of healing, it seems, as well,"he says, weakly.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#348 Post by Alethan »

As Greystone sits, wiping powder from his nose and mouth and leaning against a rock, unsuccessfully trying not to think about the fight with the werewolves, he suddenly sits upright as he remembers, "the ROOTS!"

He looks down at the green ivy bracelet again loosely wrapped around his wrist and, concentrating on the bracelet, thinks, "Thank you, friends of the earth. With your help, we have defeated this evil and returned balance to the land."

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#349 Post by rtdersch »

Still weary and barely able to pull himself up Nokrugh reaches into his belt pouch and produces a healing potion. "Here," he says weakly handing the potion to Greystone then falls back to the ground.

Character sheet updated.
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#350 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:As Greystone sits, wiping powder from his nose and mouth and leaning against a rock, unsuccessfully trying not to think about the fight with the werewolves, he suddenly sits upright as he remembers, "the ROOTS!"
Makes me think of this > http://youtu.be/6fq4UIu-r0Q LMAO!! :lol:
Winter is coming...

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#351 Post by rtdersch »

I WANT MY 2 DOLLARS!!!
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#352 Post by Alethan »

rtdersch wrote:Still weary and barely able to pull himself up Nokrugh reaches into his belt pouch and produces a healing potion. "Here," he says weakly handing the potion to Greystone then falls back to the ground.

Character sheet updated.
Greystone pulls the cork on the potion bottle. Then he takes a deep breath and tips the blue liquid down his throat; drinking healing potions has always made him a little uneasy. But he appreciates what they do.

Potion of healing (2d4+4=10)

Greystone feels much better after quaffing the drink.

Character sheet updated...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#353 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar, slightly dazed from the wounds he has received, has been quiet. At Greystone's mention of taking the healing dust he nods his head, unable to remember exactly how he was wounded. When Greystone mentions that he was indeed bitten and needs the dust he nods his head again.

Slowly he reaches into his pouch and takes out the healing ointment. He applies a dose to himself and then to Adain.

I'm back from my trip guys, sorry for the minimal posting. I will be back to normal now!

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#354 Post by hedgeknight »

Malar's Fist > Outside the Werewolf's Lair 2

@ Greystone:
Inhaling the carnation powder causes Greystone to immediately break out into a sweat and feel lightheaded and nauseated at the same time. Lying back, the elven scout blinks and wipes his face and arms for they feel "fuzzy" - like something is crawling or growing on them. His heart races and he can hear the blood pumping in his ears...and then those feelings slowly begin to recede.
When he remembers "the roots" and sends a mental thank-you while looking at his bracelet, he gets a mental reply: The Blood Grove is safest > go there...NOW!
After Greystone comes back to reality, from having inhaled the carnation powder, he drinks a potion of healing and feels much better. Likewise, Darkstar applies some of the magical ointment on himself and then on Adain, bringing the barbarian awake and alert. Ointment healing: [1d4+8] = 2+8 = 10 Darkstar & [1d4+8] = 1+8 = 9 Adain
Adain looks around nervously, his fingers working to find his axe. He sees Dorn and the bodies of his dead brothers...and then he sees his uncle, the king. A sob breaks out of him and he crawls to the body of King Gundar and leans over it, trying in vain to contain his sorrow.
It takes Adain about a minute to get himself together enough to speak and when he does, his voice is laced with anger. "Tell me...the dog bastard who did this is dead! Tell me we didn't fail!"

Actions?

Current Stats:
Cole - down 7 hp
Darkstar - at 15 hp
Dorn - down 4 hp
Greystone - down 6 hp
Nokrugh - down 14 hp
Tarrin - down 2 hp
Adain - at 9 hp
King Gundar - dead
Gorn - dead
Zorn - dead
Winter is coming...

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#355 Post by Alethan »

Greystone stands and quickly gathers his things, "We must move to the Bloodgrove. Now. It is safe. But I fear this place will soon not be." He begins hurrying down the trail, towards the Bloodgrove. He stops and looks back, "Quickly! We have to move now!"

He pauses, then jogs back towards the weary half-orc, "Lean on me, large one. We cannot stay here any longer."

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#356 Post by Hoondatha »

"We didn't fail," Tarrin said quietly. "It was a close-run thing, but we prevailed. Feldar and his mate are dead, and their lair has been swallowed by the earth. We nearly lost both you and Darkstar, but I pulled you back before Cyric could get his claws on you. I could do nothing for your uncle. I'm sorry. Before he died, he named you king."

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#357 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin looked at Greystone, then shrugged. This place was defensible, but who knew what might be coming back tonight. If Greystone thought the Blood Grove was safe, then they might as well try it. "Let's get moving," he said, quickly pairing people up to make sure all the dead bodies were being carried away. Once that was under control, he started chivvying people toward the Blood Grove.

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#358 Post by Computer +1 »

We didn't fail but if we tarry we still may. Darkstar quickly makes for the grove.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#359 Post by hedgeknight »

Slowly but surely, you make the Blood Grove before nightfall. Your horses are where you left them, and you waste no time finding a suitable spot to make camp. Darkness is falling fast and heedless of your weariness, you push yourselves to secure a place for the night far enough away from the stream so as not to affect your hearing, but also not right on the trail. The spot is curiously close to the large black slab of rock Greystone discovered in his first search of the area.
"We need to set up a watch," Adain says, trying not to grimace in pain from his wounds. "And we need to watch the bodies - the smell of blood...will likely attract predators. It will take all of us being vigilant to make it through this night."

Need a watch order and how you plan to spend the night in the Blood Grove...if you have any questions, ask in the OOC thread.
Winter is coming...

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#360 Post by Hoondatha »

"I'll take first watch," Tarrin said. "I need a full night's sleep to regain my spells, so better that I watch early that late."

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”