Bloodcurse: Into the Woods

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Bloodcurse: Into the Woods

#1 Post by hedgeknight »

Then he shoos everyone out of the king's chamber except for he and Elsa, and the adventurers who found the king. To Tarrin he says, "Once we get the king secured...release your spell, alright? I ask that you stay with me for the next couple of hours while I administer the elfinslipper. Gods only know what might happen while the healing does its work."
He looks at all of you with a firm gaze and whispers, "If the king should...resist the treatment...I'll need your help...your swords...your magic. We cannot allow him to escape again. Do you understand?"

Actions?
Winter is coming...

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Bloodcurse: Into the Woods

#2 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin nodded acknowledgement to both parts of the druid's instructions. "Of course." Then he settled down to wait, exceedingly curious to see how the elfinslipper was used.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by Alethan »

Greystone stands quietly, his back against an inner wall, hand resting lightly on the old knife at his waist. He stands ready to assist in whatever way he can while the medicine works.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#4 Post by rtdersch »

Nokrugh leaves the kings chamber and pats barbarians and riders of Nesme alike on the shoulders telling them "Good job" and "Well done."

As he nears Oggle he puts his arm around him and guides him towards the door. "Our work is done for now friend. Now it's time for the magikers and learned men to do their part. Let's join up with Thurgrum and celebrate with a few tankards of the Stone Bows finest!" With that Nokrugh leaves the Kings retreat and yells out to Thrugrum to wait up.
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by Alethan »

hedgeknight wrote:Then he shoos everyone out of the king's chamber except for he and Elsa, and the adventurers who found the king.
Soooo... You guys aren't going to hang about, then?

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by hedgeknight »

Alethan wrote:
hedgeknight wrote:Then he shoos everyone out of the king's chamber except for he and Elsa, and the adventurers who found the king.
Soooo... You guys aren't going to hang about, then?
I was wondering the same > Pollard invited you to stay...but, he won't keep you there if you choose to go.
Winter is coming...

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by rtdersch »

Oh, I thought the invitation was for Tarrin specifically; I completely misread it. If Pollard is requesting all of us then of course Nokrugh stays.
Nökrugh - Level 2 Half-Orc Fighter (Berserker) - Hedges Forgotten Realms HP 29/29 AC:3

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by hedgeknight »

rtdersch wrote:Oh, I thought the invitation was for Tarrin specifically; I completely misread it. If Pollard is requesting all of us then of course Nokrugh stays.
No pressure, dude. If Nokrugh (and Oggle) choose to leave, that's cool. Do what you think your character will do...and we'll roll with it! :mrgreen:
Winter is coming...

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by hedgeknight »

Some go, some stay, as Pollard checks on the king for the hundredth time until Elsa arrives, leading two barbarians carrying a small steaming cauldron supported by two stout poles. They set the cauldron done on the stones in front of the fireplace, and Pollard helps Elsa scoop the cooked contents out of the cauldron and into several small bowls. Using pestle and mortar, they grind the soft elfinslipper to a thick paste. While it is still hot, Pollard makes a poultice but leaves some of the paste in the bowl, and carries it to the king's bedside. He pulls a sharp knife from his belt and gives the king a stern look. "My apologies, my king, but I must open the wound to apply the poultice."
The king, covered in a sheen of sweat, only grits his teeth and nods. Pollard then takes a deep breath and with the knife, opens the ugly, black wound on the king's neck. The king hisses through his teeth as blood and some pus pour forth from the wound. Pollard immediately places the poultice on the wound, tying in off under his arm. He then feeds the remainder of the mash in the bowl to the king, coaxing it down the man, like a mother would a reluctant child.
Once the king has been administered to, Pollard instructs Elsa to go to the others in the temple who have been bitten and do likewise. After she leaves, the king is restless, struggling in his bed, kicking the sheets off of him, sweating profusely.

Pollard, sweating too, mostly from nervousness rather than the fire in the room, walks away and looks at all of you in the room. "Now...we wait and see what happens."

Outside the king's lodge...
Darkstar sees Thurgrum leave the lodge (and maybe Nokrugh and Oggle too...fellers?), and Adain calls to the dwarf and asks about the king. "He's in good hands, lad. They be working on him right now. I'm heading over to the Stone Bow to check on the other wounded. Come along with me, eh?"
"In awhile," Adain says, and then turns to Darkstar and asks, "Will you...will you help me with my mother and sister? I would appreciate your company."
Winter is coming...

Computer +1
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by Computer +1 »

Darkstar puts his hand over his heart. I would be honored to help you. Let us see to them.

Belkregos
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by Belkregos »

Cole stays close trying to make sense of the situation and available if they need asistance
Stitches:- 1st lvl Halfling-Rogue: basics HP:9, AC:14, init.:+3, Sw/Bow: +5 to hit/1d6+3 dam +Sneak attack!

AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by AQuebman »

Oggle assisted with getting the young woman up to safety and then met the others in the king's room. He stands in front of the door both weapons out silently waiting. "Someone please tell my Captain I have one final duty here."

Oggle twirls the swords in his hands slowly. "If the king turns I will not let him leave this room until one of us is dead upon the floor, I promised Adain as much. After that I return to my duty with the Riders of Nesme."

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by Hoondatha »

Tarrin watched the proceedings impassively, concentrating on his spell. "Do we have any idea how long it will take for us to know?" He couldn't maintain the illusion forever, but he didn't particularly want to mention that aloud.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#14 Post by Alethan »

From above...
hedgeknight wrote:...To Tarrin he says, "Once we get the king secured...release your spell, alright? ..."

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#15 Post by Hoondatha »

((ooc: Except that he isn't secured. They did nothing to keep him in place. And since we don't know if the cure worked yet, the spell is staying up.))

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#16 Post by hedgeknight »

Hoondatha wrote:Tarrin watched the proceedings impassively, concentrating on his spell. "Do we have any idea how long it will take for us to know?" He couldn't maintain the illusion forever, but he didn't particularly want to mention that aloud.
Being a spellcaster and realizing the mental strain of keeping up a spell, Pollard remembers his earlier words and says to King Gundar, "Forgive me, my king, but to keep...you safe, I must bind your hands and feet. Will you permit it?"
The king grits his teeth as the effects of the elfinslipper begin to take affect, and nods brusquely. "Do it...my fr-friend...while I still have...my wits about me."

Pollard looks at Oggle with his blades and then asks Cole to help him bind the king. To his credit, Gundar does not resist and soon he is bound to the posters of the bed. Pollard, shaking from the effort of immobilizing his king, calls for ale and leans back against the wall.

OOC: My apologies, Hoon - completely forgot to type that up in yesterday's post. :oops:
So, I have Cole, Tarrin, Oggle, Greystone(?) in the room.
Darkstar is going with Adain, Thurgrum to the Stone Bow...what about Nokrugh? Not exactly sure where he is.
Winter is coming...

rtdersch
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by rtdersch »

Nokrugh is in the room with the King.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#18 Post by Alethan »

Greystone is still in the room, watching the king closely to see what happens.

(Yeah, I was just assuming he had been restrained at that point, though it wasn't specifically stated.)

Hoondatha
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#19 Post by Hoondatha »

As soon as the king was restrained, Tarrin released the magic with a flourish of his hands. It wasn't, strictly speaking, necessary, but there were appearances to be maintained. Then he settled back on his heels, leaning against the wall and keeping both Oggle and Nokrugh between him and the bed. "And now we wait, I suppose."

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by hedgeknight »

Computer +1 wrote:Darkstar puts his hand over his heart. I would be honored to help you. Let us see to them.
Adain leads Darkstar past the Stone Bow and down the street to a small lodge. Ducking under the door frame, Adain steps inside and when Darkstar follows him, his senses are shocked with the coppery smell of blood and the still, ravaged forms of a woman and a young girl. Adain has his back to Darkstar, but the young wood elf hears the barbarian say, "My mother...and sister. They didn't stand a chance. If I'd have been here..."

Adain sighs and wipes his face and then goes into the back room and brings out clean blankets, spreading them on the floor where there is little or no blood. He and Darkstar wrap his mother and sister in the blankets, and with Adain carrying his mother, and Darkstar carrying his sister, he leaves the lodge and walks southeast toward the edge of the village.
Other families with similar bundles are either walking in the same direction or have already arrived at a clearing on the outskirts of the low perimeter wall.
Wood and oil have been piled for biers and the solemn-faced families gently place their loved ones upon them. There is no loud wailing or screaming. Instead, the proud members of the Thunderbeast tribe sit or stand quietly, some with heads bowed, some with eyes toward the heavens, mourning their dead in silent respect.
"We wait for the shaman before lighting the biers," Adain says. "I know he is with the king...but he will be here in a little while. Care for an ale?" The barbarian walks to a table that has been set up with several kegs and horns for drink. "For your help, I shall always count you as a friend." Adain drinks down a horn and refills it and offers one to Darkstar.

More to come...
Winter is coming...

Return to “Hedge's Forgotten Realms Adventures”