Roll of Honour:..champagne moments and hidden mysteries

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Roll of Honour:..champagne moments and hidden mysteries

#1 Post by Stirling »

McCloud emerges alive, surviving the Tomb of Horrors along with Brother Skarlos and doughty dwarven hero Urdak.

I thought it would be good to thank everyone for making the game so enjoyable and frustratingly challenging with so many literal dead ends.For McCloud I think his best memories will be using dead elf Erodhan as a dummy, playing a tuneful wake on Skiratchs' bagpuss familiar, emerging from the illusion of being crushed with the fake Acererack crown and the jewel heist from the mummy.

He could have died a few times, a saving throw to escape an entrance corridor pit, the green face threatened to swallow me whole as I floated along and he got electrified to near death with some magic bolt and the glowing eyes of Acererack saw Quinn a greater trophy to steal his soul.

Frustrating...all the attempts with the bronze key to open the final room, going around in circles and the flaming efreeti was in the end no help except he moved the mithril and I was so tempted as McCloud to take the easy way out and use the last wish to escape.

Unknowns...what happened to Bindle? The green devil faces and the gargoyle statue?

Cheers guys, Stirling

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Roll of Honour:..champagne moments and hidden mysteries

#2 Post by Zhym »

Thanks! I really appreciated McCloud's risk taking, BTW. You get to experience much more of the Tomb when you're willing to try things.

There were some ways the efreet might have been helpful. I don't remember the specifics of the exchange now (and I'm too lazy to go back and look), and I don't want to say more right now in case the other group would stumble across this thread in a search or something. I may make him more useful to the other group, though, since he was that frustrating.

Bingus ended up in a 10x10 room with no apparent exits. One one wall was three levers. Do the right thing with the levers, and it opens a trap door in the ceiling that leads to a crawl way back to the entrance hall. Do anything but that right thing and the floor falls open, dropping the occupant into a 100' deep pit. A round later, the floor closes again, trapping the victim at the bottom of the pit forever (or until the next victim falls in).

The devil faces and gargoyle statue I'll leave until the other group is done, again in case they happen across this thread when searching the board.

BTW, did one of the three survivors have the crown or scepter from the throne room? If so, they each can expect a visit from a Type I demon in their futures. ;)

Return to “Party 2”