Expectations and DM policies

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

Expectations and DM policies

#1 Post by Bhart »

ETIQUETTE: The first thing that we expect out of you as players is...don't be a dick. In PBP arguments can ignite very easily, very often out of some perceived slight that was never really intended. If someone angers you please take a moment and reconsider their post before blasting them. Then please work out your problems in the OOC thread or PM like adults BEFORE it becomes an issue in game. Most importantly remember it's a game and we are all here to have fun!

POST RATE: The pace of the game will be quick. Ron and I will make our IN game DM post on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you have not posted by then we assume your character stands there doing nothing.

ABSENCE: We know real life can get in the way sometimes. If you cannot post for some reason please post in the "Away from Table" thread and let us know how long you will be gone. The DM will NPC your character. We will try to keep them from dying, however, we will NOT pull punches or use DM fiat to protect them. We make NO promises or guarantees of survival.

If a player leaves the game or makes no posts for three weeks without having posted an away-from-table notice, his or her character will be offered to the next player on the waiting list. The current player will be sent a PM after two weeks of inactivity.

CHARACTER DEATH: This dungeon is a relentless and merciless meat grinder. There will be character death so be ready for it and remember there's no crying allowed in AD&D. If your PC dies then you will be expected to accept it with grace and move to the bottom of the wait list. When or if the party gets out of the dungeon they will pick up a new victim PC and the player at the top of the list joins the game.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Expectations and DM policies

#2 Post by Bhart »

COMBAT:
At the start of each combat round you will post your intended actions. Include all relevant die rolls with the post (e.g. All attack rolls and damage rolls). If you forget to make a roll the Dms will make it for you.

If you are the first PC to post then include a 1d6 initiative roll for the party. Ron and I will make all the monster rolls and then sort out the order of action and post the results. Hopefully this will keep things moving along.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#3 Post by Bhart »

CHANGES TO THE ORIGINAL MODULE:
Due to the nature of PBP games, some of the original mechanics laid out by Gary in this module will not work. Therefore some of the traps and encounters have to be modified. Other modifications have been made to help mitigate spoiler knowledge that has creeped into the gaming public knowledge over the last 3 decades.

In all cases I have made every effort to keep the traps and encounters as close to the original as I can.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Zhym »

I've updated the absence policy in the interests of keeping the game moving and giving the parties the best chance of survival. If a player doesn't make a post in this campaign for three weeks without posting an away-from-table notice, or if a player explicitly drops out of the game, the character will be offered to the next person on the waiting list. I will PM the current player after two weeks to ask if he or she wants to keep playing. Hopefully, this will allow people who want to keep playing to do so while making it easier to rotate new players in when old ones disappear or have to quit the game.

Please let me know if this would be a problem or if you have any suggestions for adjustments to the policy. Thanks!

Return to “Tomb of Horrors”