AQuebman
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: General Character Creation

#81 Post by AQuebman »

Alethan wrote:
Alethan wrote:
Bhart wrote:Character Creation rules...

Max Hp at first level then roll for each level after.
Ah, dang, I missed this at first. So... what would you guys accept as "fair", considering I've already made all of my dice rolls? Replacing the first dice rolls for each class with the maximum and just recalculating it from there? Probably won't make that big of a difference, but I guess it might...
Bah... never mind. Not a big enough deal to worry about. I'm all ready to go, once I can remember where saving throws and To Hit tables are located in 1e when you don't have the DM Shield in front of you...

Isn't it middle of the DMG?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#82 Post by tkrexx »

Character Creation rules...

Ah, dang, I missed this at first. So... what would you guys accept as "fair", considering I've already made all of my dice rolls? Replacing the first dice rolls for each class with the maximum and just recalculating it from there? Probably won't make that big of a difference, but I guess it might...
Ka-JEEZ! Where does it say that? I missed it also, and it would make quite a difference on my Dwarf Fighter who rolled a ONE for his 1st level hp...mumble, grumble, moan, groan, mutter, sputter, etc.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#83 Post by Bhart »

tkrexx wrote:
Character Creation rules...

Ka-JEEZ! Where does it say that? I missed it also, and it would make quite a difference on my Dwarf Fighter who rolled a ONE for his 1st level hp...mumble, grumble, moan, groan, mutter, sputter, etc.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned that fairly early. No big deal. Just adjust your hp as if that first roll were max. This is why I should have made a "how to create a character" forum earlier, so it was all in one easy to find place. :)

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#84 Post by Bhart »

Alethan wrote:

Yes that sounds reasonable.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#85 Post by Bhart »

Alethan wrote:
Alethan wrote:

Bah... never mind. Not a big enough deal to worry about. I'm all ready to go, once I can remember where saving throws and To Hit tables are located in 1e when you don't have the DM Shield in front of you...
DMG pg 74,75,and 79

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#86 Post by Alethan »

Bhart wrote: DMG pg 74,75,and 79
Gracias!
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#87 Post by saalaria »

Couple of questions on character creation:
Which 1e book is secondary skills in as I only know them from 2e
What restrictions do you use on multiclassing? I am particularly wondering about spellcasting and armour..thinking of an MU/F as my alternate character
Thanks

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#88 Post by Bhart »

saalaria wrote:Couple of questions on character creation:
Which 1e book is secondary skills in as I only know them from 2e
What restrictions do you use on multiclassing? I am particularly wondering about spellcasting and armour..thinking of an MU/F as my alternate character
Thanks
Secondary Skills are on page 12 of the DMG.
Multiclassing is by the book. Ftr/Mu must be elf or half elf, so armor is allowed.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#89 Post by Bhart »

A reminder for those creating new characters. Be sure to PM both me and Ron (rredmond) when you need an approval or have a question. There are times when one of us is not around for a few days, so your PM may go unanswered unless you send it to both of us. :cry:

saalaria
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#90 Post by saalaria »

okay - thanks Bhart

Return to “Tomb of Horrors”