Re: The Firehouse - Home Sweet Home 2

#181 Post by Rex »

Mac

"Interesting, seems maybe we should take a closer look at D.O.O.R."
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#182 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy turns the tv off and goes to where everyone else is gathered "Sounds like the death of that official is a bit sketchy if you ask me. Also yes this group called D.O.O.R. weird name sounds like they might be deserving of some investigating."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#183 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker shakes his head at the story of Jeniveve. Psychic phenomena is so very rare.... I can see many holes in the logic. I know we deal with weird eggs every day- but I suspect Jeniveve has much more to do with that young woman's death than the man convicted.
Despite our line of work, I am a skeptic. To me it appears she framed the man- whether she did so by mundane means, or some form of magic, I don't know. But to me, she is a shadowed character.
FA FO
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#184 Post by Bluehorse »

Urson wrote:Joker
Joker shakes his head at the story of Jeniveve. Psychic phenomena is so very rare.... I can see many holes in the logic. I know we deal with weird eggs every day- but I suspect Jeniveve has much more to do with that young woman's death than the man convicted.
Despite our line of work, I am a skeptic. To me it appears she framed the man- whether she did so by mundane means, or some form of magic, I don't know. But to me, she is a shadowed character.
https://youtu.be/leiDzFiIkBk
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#185 Post by Taaz »

Urson wrote:Joker
Thats probably the best way to look at it to be honest, the mundane simple answer probably is more correct than the outlandish supernatural, like..uhhh...Spanglers Razor. Yeah I like that. Jason nods to himself. Lost for a minute, But also, its late and Friday, its been a long week and I think everyone could use some time to relax. We have the protocols if we get a call but remeber all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#186 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam looks up from his phone, I love that movie!

Sam visited the D.O.O.R. website and requested a quote for services through an online form. He looks back down at the phone and sees that it is ringing and he has dialed the number for the organization. He goes with it to see if anyone picks up.

Sam looks in the direction of Hrothgar and gives Lionel a little smile, pleased that there is someone taking warmly to his friend.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#187 Post by Urson »

Joker
So very true, Jason. I am more than ready for some ouzo and a cigar.

After dinner, Joker will head to the common room to watch some minor-league soccer on ESPN Turkey.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT

#188 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy a guy that has watched a lot of movies has no idea what movie is being referenced "What movie are we talking about?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#189 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Thunderbirds Are Go Sam says then gestures to the phone and exaggerates the shape of the words with his mouth, it's ringing, to Roy.
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#190 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

Lionel will leave the kitty alone (for now) and accompany Joker to watch tv. I admit, I don't know much about your style of football, but I like sports so do you mind if I ask questions if I have any as we watch? Or would you rather sit and watch by yourself? I just want to make sure we are able to watch Jamie's story on us tonight.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#191 Post by Taaz »

Seeing everyone settle back into the firehouse Jason goes and changes, showers and gets ready to head out.
Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#192 Post by Urson »

Joker
Joker is a loud and raucous soccer fan. Absolutely, friend! I am glad to teach!
He's a bit obnoxious about over-explaining stuff, but enthusiastic. His cheroot smells like someone's burning an insect- fogging machine.
FA FO
GreyWolfVT

#193 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy "Go West Ham!" he recalls vaguely when he was pretending to be a normal bloke with his old friend Moss back home, being the team he claimed to like.
Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#194 Post by Bluehorse »

Back to HQ
The Firehouse: Home Sweet Home
August 24, 2018, 5:15pm
Hot but Breezy

Jason heads out to have a drink with Gabby: viewtopic.php?f=628&t=10174&p=493727#p493727

Sam looks up some information on D.O.O.R. Working on something here. Will post soon.

Everyone else Settles in for a night of watching Sports on the TV Upstairs.

Actions?

Brownie Point Pool:
Roy O'Dowd: 115/115 @
Lionel 'Freight Train' Williams: 136/136 @
David "Mac" McAuslan 137/137 @
Dzjokar "Joker" Jelal 163/168 @
Jon 'Red' Roop 33/33
Sam Strickland 23/24

Effects in place:
@ - Action Point - ReRoll without a Ghost Die - Merry Xmas 2019!
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#195 Post by Bluehorse »

[b]Sam[/b] wrote: Sam visited the D.O.O.R. website and requested a quote for services through an online form.
Actually, Sam will find that the organization works on donations only.
[b]Sam[/b] wrote:He looks back down at the phone and sees that it is ringing and he has dialed the number for the organization. He goes with it to see if anyone picks up.
One Ringy Dingy... Two Ringy Dingy... Three R... You've called the D.O.O.R. Hotline. We are out on another investigation, but if you leave a message and number to get back in touch with you, we will consider your case as soon as possible and get back with you. BEEP!
Samwell Turleton
Ranger
Ranger

#196 Post by Samwell Turleton »

Sam Strickland

Sam sees that the organization works on donations after submitting his message through the Contact Us form. He feels a little embarrassed about the mistake but then also realizes the phone answering system has picked up and tries to quickly gather his thoughts for a message.

Why hello! This is Sam Strickland here at... he pauses a moment realizing he doesn't know his work number and looks around for a business card, Well, let me just give you my e-mail address, it is SamHrothgar@yahoo.net. I am calling because I share an interest in the paranormal having come from Marfa, Texas and long story short I have been hearing all about...

If you would like to re-record your message please stay on the line....beep

Sam restarts the message, skipping the pause at the phone number and gets a little more information in. devil worshippers and psycho magna-ether zeta wave radiating cat-like entities which I have in my care, I would love to talk to you about it.
GreyWolfVT

#197 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Roy totally lost as to what is what right now goes to the library finds a good lore book and sits and reads about old mythology gods and demons.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#198 Post by Bluehorse »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Roy totally lost as to what is what right now goes to the library finds a good lore book and sits and reads about old mythology gods and demons.
Roll me a straight up Brains.
GreyWolfVT

#199 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#200 Post by Bluehorse »

Roy thumbs through the rather heavy-handed text and finds an entry about how the angels fell from Grace* like lightning and the noblest among them were most distant from God**.

The section goes on to mention an account of a mortal man who made a pact with an arch-demon named Mephestofolies. The demon explained that for the damned, the truly damned, it is not the place that is the Abyss*** that makes it Hell. Hell, instead, is having known what it was to be in heaven with God, and to now be denied it.

More info: It was and is the lesser demons that more commonly find the ways out of Hell to harass and take vengeance on man, because they are closer to Earth than their more powerful brethren. It is rare but of great consequence when a Demon Lord crawls out of the deepest bowels of the Abyss and they are the hardest still to banish. It is best to trap them by anchoring them to some form of the Earth where the very dust of creation can hold them. There is then a long-winded explanation of something called The Rite of Saint Bríga****.

*Grace is the state of literally being in the presence of God.

**Reference Dante's Inferno: there are 9 rings of Hell, each on more horrific than the last. The first ring was for petty sinners. Not worthy of the wrath of God but no longer worthy of his Grace. Each layer below gave a worse punishment linked directly to the worst sins of those souls, as well as the Fallen Angels (Demons) in those places who stoke the flames of God's anger. At the 9th and final ring, the blafemers and those that acted against God are doomed to the frozen plain of ice where Lucifer (The Devil) himself and his most loyal officers (The Arch-Demons) reside. They are encased in infinite ice, farthest from Grace. All but forgotten. No longer worthy of even God's Anger. Each ring is harder for the wicked to escape, but it has happened before, leading to the Church developing Rites inspired by God to combat them.

***The Pit of Hell where the damned reside.

****Saint Briga (Spells Bridgett in the Celtic lands) molded after the Celtic Goddess who was a source of life and gave birth to the world in the folk tales before Christianity. She was a Goddess of Motherhood and Protection but is known as a saint who can be called upon to banish demons. Also ascribed to a 16th Century nun by the same name:
Brigid and Briga were sitting together when the Devil entered. St Brigid saw him, who fixed her eyes steadily on him for a while. She signed the eyes of Briga with the sign of the cross and Briga beheld a deformed monster. Brigid commanded him to speak and make known the purport of his unwelcome visit. The devil replied: “O Holy virgin, I cannot avoid speaking, nor can I disobey your orders, as you observe God’s precepts and are affable to the poor and lowly. He then avowed a desire to cause the spiritual death of a nun, who had yielded to temptations. He even told the name of the nun to the holy abbess, when the latter, charitably calling her, and signing her eyes with a sign of the cross, desired her to behold the monster. The nun was terrified at this sight, and shedding abundance of tears, promised to be more circumspect for the future. Brigid felt great compassion for the penitent, and banished the demon from their presence. Thus, on occasions of her visit, St Brigid procured the corporal restoration of one and the spiritual liberation of another, belonging to the sisterhood

Return to “Mission Archive”