The Firehouse. Home sweet home.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Firehouse. Home sweet home.

#81 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta, for now, eschews the official GBI coveralls, and is dressed in professional, if dowdy, librarian garb, topped off with a Ghostbuster's circle-bar pin on her lapel.

To clarify, Etta doesn't want to move the library, but the archives, which are in the basement, and, presumably, empty at present.

Seeing one comrade rush downstairs, and another to the front door, Etta chooses to follow along to the door. She puts on a for-the-public smile.
Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#82 Post by Roamingvapor »

David McAuslan

A whole generation of Americans were sold on the romance of the open road on a bike. The wind in your hair (helmet laws permitting), the freedom of the saddle, the adventure. It has that, to be sure. But there's also the bugs in the teeth and beard, the heat, the cold, the rain, the noise, the perpetual fear that every distracted teenager driving their mom's suburban grocerytank is going to turn you into road salsa while checking their phone to see a picture of what their friend is eating. Good times.... good times. After 1507 miles from Mystic, Connecticut to Towson Ave in Fort Smith, Arkansas the illusion had shit the bed.
Dave McAuslan was over it. Over the wind, over the weather and over the humid morning air. But he supposed that this was a part of what he'd signed up for. Maybe, who know's? He'd never signed so much paperwork in his life as he had after finishing up at GBU and getting marching orders to go join up with Unit 316. Dave knew the ride was going to be worth it. He was going to be a Ghostbuster. He was going to do what few others in this world could and make serious bank doing it. Right now his whole world fit in a dufflebag strapped to the sissybar and the saddlebags on the bike. It was zen.... Spartan... Minimalist.... bullcrap. It was crazy debt to go run around with a nuclear accelerator on his back fighting potentially unspeakable horrors, but the pay. The PAY. It was going to be worth it all.
Dave pulled into the lot on the side of the building (was this the right place?) Put down the kickstand and eagerly stretched. HQ said this franchise had just started up, "a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor", but it didn't look like much yet. Were they even open yet? Only one way to find out after riding all this way.
Dave walked up to the front door and knocked enthusiastically.
Last edited by Roamingvapor on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I saw this in a cartoon once, but I'm pretty sure I can pull it off.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#83 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta opens the front door in response to Dave's enthusiastic knocking. "Welcome to Ghostbusters, Fort Smith. What can I do for you?"
Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#84 Post by Scott308 »

Lionel "Freight Train" Williams

After getting dressed, Lionel hears odd noises coming from the basement and goes to investigate.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson
Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#85 Post by Roamingvapor »

David McAuslan

Upon being greeted, Dave could only think one thing.
"This lady is probably real nice, until she needs not to be. Then she's probably the type that can tell you where to go in such a way as you're glad to be on your way."

Good morning ma'am. Pardon my appearance, I've been on the road for a couple days. My name is David McAuslan, but my friends call me "Mac". I've come out here from the home office to join this franchise. I'm not sure if y'all knew to expect me or not, but I have a hard copy of all my paperwork right here if you'd care to see it.

Dave starts shuffling around in his dufflebag.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta to Dave: "Another recruit! Well get yourself inside before you let the cool air out! I just showed up for work, myself! I'm pretty sure you're the last of crew. Let's take yourself in the back, and I'll introduce you to Julia, who can handle your paperwork. Then, you'll find showers on the second floor."
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#87 Post by Taaz »

Jason has walked into the back calling for Jacob. Jacob you in here? Hey Jake buddy! about the time he hears noise coming from the stair well,Hey man are you down stairs? I had an idea about the meeting, about that time he cleared the basement and could see inside.
Roamingvapor
Strider
Strider

#89 Post by Roamingvapor »

Hey team... Sorry for jumping the gun, and for my lack of tech savy with the dice roller. Got it all sorted out, thanks for bearing with me.
Scott308

#90 Post by Scott308 »

You may have noticed an unoccupied computer with this page on the screen. How could it have gotten there? Perhaps the firehouse has a ghost of its own?

https://www.tytax.com/shop/tytax-t3-x-gym/
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by Bluehorse »

Scott308 wrote:You may have noticed an unoccupied computer with this page on the screen. How could it have gotten there? Perhaps the firehouse has a ghost of its own?

Is this something you intend to be purchased and on it's way?
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#92 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Uh well Roy plans to buy a bigger TV lol and maybe a laptop.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e
Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#93 Post by Bluehorse »

LOL! Well I think we have officially hit the point where I have to ask where the money is coming from. I have let a lot of early things float since we were starting off but we are a little deep so far. We have Mac with his bike. (Also had Jake) Jason has a library of books on the supernatural, I guess everyone can bring in one luxury item for the Firehouse or themselves and we need to cut it off there.
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#94 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta's priority would also be building up the firehouse's library.
Scott308

#95 Post by Scott308 »

Bluehorse wrote:
Scott308 wrote:You may have noticed an unoccupied computer with this page on the screen. How could it have gotten there? Perhaps the firehouse has a ghost of its own?

Is this something you intend to be purchased and on it's way?
No. Lionel Someone just left it on the screen so people can see it and if someone thinks it would be a good purchase, so be it. Plus, if others keep seeing it, maybe they'll be more likely to ok it sometime down the line. Lionel isn't spending any money without approval from the others.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#97 Post by Bluehorse »

The Firehouse
Making Connections
Aug. 9, 2018, 1:00 pm
Hot and Humid Outside

Realized you wanted to work from the Firehouse while everyone else was out so I am moving this here just to keep things orderly.
Taaz wrote:As the others head off to deal with the vehicle Jason begins trying to get into contact with Bur. He types up an email in the library after looking up his official email address online.

Greetings!

Hi Bur, I wanted to talk to you about anything we could do for you that you had spoken to my colleague. Whatever you need just be sure to let us know.

Thanks,
Jason O'Roarke, PHD

After sending, Jason reaches out to Gabby online to see if she is free tonight and then sets about cleaning up from the event and putting away equipment.

If you need any rolls let me know, sorry I had been logged out and didn't see the new message icons, my b.
There is no immediate reply back from Bur, but Jason was pleasantly surprised to see that within a few minutes he had a reply from Gabby.

Jason,
Tonight sounds good. I know a nice place. Lucy's Diner. It is south of your Firehouse on the same road on your left. Meet @ 8?

Julia Finds him sometime later. Hey, I don't know what is up with Etta but something about Father Belmonts place has her all shook up. I don't think she even went inside but she is on her way back.

Going forward from here we will consider your timeline and Ettas in sync if Pulpatoon wants to move to here to interact with Jason until the Ecto issue is hashed out.

Brownie Point Pool
Dr. Jason O'Roarke: 66/66
Dr. Vanette Conklin: 57/57
Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#98 Post by Pulpatoon »

Etta pokes her head in. "Jason! I didn't expect to find you here! The rest of the boys aren't back yet are they?"

She pulls a PKE reader out of her pocket and slides it over to O'Roarke. "What do you make of this?"
PKE reading log wrote:There is a Class 6 reading on the meter with high readings on ecto and kinetic energy... these reading are bouncing all over the place.
"I got that reading just sitting outside in the parking lot of Father Belmont's church. What on earth could be going on in there?" Etta actually looks a little wistful, contemplating it. Now that she is over the heebie-jeebies, she's burning with curiosity as to what the depressingly little church contains. "Do you have any insight into what readings like this might mean?"
Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#100 Post by Taaz »

Cool jason thought, as he typed up his response.

Sounds great, see you there. < Ghostbuster Smiling Emogi >

After Julia says Etta was shook up he switched into his game face, and started pulling...well basically everything to be safe. Not long after she finds him in the library looking thru The Roylance Guide to Secret Societies and Sects.

Wow, this was just from outside, theres a PKE flux in here that is just incredible. He clicks thru the menus and cross references his findings a few times but eventually settles on a pretty solid idea.

Return to “Mission Archive”