Updates to dice roller on the way

Play hard, you'll forget the fear.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Updates to dice roller on the way

#1 Post by ToniXX »

Sometime in the next 24 hours, I'll be updating the dice roller site. The additions are major, so I'll have to take the site down for maybe an hour or so to do the update.

The additions will include: A beta-version of a character sheet. You can edit your PCs character sheets from the main 'roll the dice' page or the 'my characters' page. You'll then be able to embed a read-only version of this sheet into the forums. If you make changes to the character sheet, the changes will be immediately reflected in the forums as well. This is a beta-version, as it may have bugs or unintended omissions. You don't have to use it, but it's something that I've been working on for a while now, and I think it's a pretty cool feature :)

Another addition is a system that allows you to explicitly set the order in which the macros appear on the 'roll the dice' page. Currently they are sorted alphabetically, and you can keep them as such, or use this method to move them around if you'd like.

Once these changes have been made, please give your feedback and report on any errors that you find.

Thanks for your continued support
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Updates to dice roller on the way

#2 Post by ToniXX »

I've found a couple bugs that need sorting out, so this will have to wait another day or two. I should have it done by the weekend if not sooner.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Updates to dice roller on the way

#3 Post by ToniXX »

Okay, the beta version of the character sheet is up. You can now edit the character sheets for your PCs at the dice roller site. Just click on the sheet icon or the link 'char sheet' on the roll the dice page. Also, the ability to move macros up and down in the macro list is working.

See my character in Ron's Legacy of the Unknown game here:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=244&p=3586#p3586

I put my old character sheet in a 'spoiler' section so that's it's still there but doesn't take up as much space.

I invite you to try this out if you like it. I know I'm missing some stuff, like languages and gems/jewelry. I'm sure there's other stuff, so please give input. If you encounter a bug, please post the error text in the thread here (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=491#p8435), along with a brief description of what you were doing when the error occurred.

Thanks. I hope you guys like the new changes!

Return to “News and Announcements”