Dice roller is moving to a new hosting provider

Play hard, you'll forget the fear.
ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dice roller is moving to a new hosting provider

#1 Post by ToniXX »

As some of you may now, the dice roller can, at times, be quite laggy or completely offline. So, I've done a lot of research, found a better (hopefully) hosting company, and will be migrating the dice roller to this new host. I'm hoping to make the switch around midnight this Saturday, pacific time. This will mean that the site will be down for a while, but hopefully it won't have much impact on anyone since it will happen in the middle of the night. By Sunday morning, all should be moved over and working well.

Because the new host uses a different server component that encrypts your password in the database, you will have to change your password at the new dice roller. To do this, follow these steps:
  • On the 'login' page, there's a link that says 'forgot your password?'. Click that and supply the requested info: your user name and the email address you used when you registered. If you've forgotten the email address that you used, please PM me and I'll look it up for you.
  • A new, randomly generated password will be emailed to you.
  • Use this new password to log in.
  • You should now see your stuff, with all of your rolls, campaigns (if you're a GM) and characters.
  • You can then change your password back to the old one if you like, as the new one emailed to you may be difficult to remember. If you change your password, you will be logged out and will have to log back in with the new password that you just set.
If you have any issues while doing this, please PM me and let me know more: did you get an error message of some sort? What step were you on when you get the error? etc.

Thanks for your patience and continued support for the Unseen Servant!
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dice roller is moving to a new hosting provider

#2 Post by ToniXX »

The migration to the new host was delayed by almost a day, but it has started. For a while, you will see the maintenance message, but it should be all resolved within four hours or so. Please PM me with issues.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

Return to “News and Announcements”