OTHERSPACE: Episode Three: DESOLATE Awaits

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OTHERSPACE: Episode Three: DESOLATE Awaits

#161 Post by max_vale »

Second level of Strange alien ship/station in 'Otherspace'

Vale Starcloud calls on the power of the Force and with his eyes closed and his hand thrust forward, he uses his Telekinetic Power to force Imperial Commander Bane Nothos to fail to hurl the primed grenade in his hand....

The Naval Officer's forehead is suddenly dripping with sweat as Nothos' eyes get huge and he stammers out a "What....what are you DOING TO ME!"; which is cut short by a blaster bolt fired from Professor Clark which tears a burn wound in Bane's side, causing him to drop the live grenade and a then a moment later it goes off with a deafening clap of sound and a bright flash of light that causes the Academic and the Jedi to look away for a moment....

When they look back, they see a hole torn in the webbing that makes up the floor and while blood lines the area around the edges of the newly-created pit; there is no sign of Nothos' body....

Meanwhile, Jackson Crodowski turns to see the bizarre sight of a wild-eyed Gavin slicing viciously with his activated Vibro-blade at a dodging Zuul. Luckily, the Barabel's reflexes are quick enough to avoid serious harm, but the Engineer sees only 1 quick way to stop this; he flicks a switch on his Blaster and then drills the one-time Smuggler in the back with a stun blast that drops him to the floor....

Suddenly, the room is eerily quiet as all the enemies are accounted for and the party gathers around the unconscious forms of Gavin and Zinn Valimar and Professor Clark looks at Zinn's obviously serious wounds and Zuul's bleeding wounds and sighs and says; "Okay, who's got any Medpacs left?" Vale hands over his last 2 (leaving only the 1 that Zuul still has in the party's collection); and the Academic goes to work.....

Soon, Zuul's cuts are cleaned up and feeling much better and Gavin comes back into consciousness with none of the crazy rage burning in his eyes or mind. Zinn slowly comes around and while he's no longer in a serious bad-way; he's still feeling pretty ginger and sore. (I.e. he is Wounded....this Status will continue for a day or so before he either recovers to normal status Naturally or can be treated again)

The obvious question was; now what? The Crawl tube entrance was exactly like the one that led from the First to the Second Level with a makeshift series of hand/foot holds serving as a 'ladder' to the next level above them.....

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#162 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "Huh? What happened? First I was fighting the crazy crab aliens then next thing I know my head is throbbing and I'm here on the floor?" the one time smuggler says holding the back of his head and noticing the bump "Someone or something hit me in the back of the head? With the butt of a blaster?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#163 Post by kipper »

"This place is crazy, and some of it worn off on you." Clark replies to Gavin. "You're OK now... I think."

Clark turns away to examine the crawl tube entrance. "Looks like the only way to go from here is up."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by max_vale »

(OOC: My apologies if I didn't explain it very well; but the aliens claws secrete a poison that can make someone go homicidal crazy for a little while. It wears off fairly quickly though. Zuul was able to suppress the effect because of his Stamina rolls; which are under STR, which for a Barabel is high; while Gavin succumbed to the effect after a couple of rounds. Clark would DEFINITELY have figured this out.)

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Starbeard »

Vale Starcloud takes a moment to lament Bane's death. "Such a waste. If only we had more time, we might have healed him of the wounds formed of his own hatred. Bane was an unwitting martyr of sorts, reminding us that we are always our own worst enemies. Our own hate could drive any one of us here to the same madness that consumed him. We must pity Bane, and strive to learn what he could not."

He looks about the room for a way out, and heads up the crawl tube after Clark examines it. "But we can meditate on these things later. Right now we must keep moving."

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#166 Post by kipper »

max_vale wrote:Clark would DEFINITELY have figured this out.)
Yeah, I got that, but the manner in which he explains it is as I posted above :D

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul looks at Gavin with anger in his eyes, not completely buying the "crazy" explanation. Thanking the Professor for the healing, he starts chatting. "You saw him. He attacked with that blade. Why should we ignore such treachery?"

He keeps his eyes on Gavin as he walks over to the tube. "You first, Gavin." He says with a wide toothy grin.

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#168 Post by kipper »

Monsieur Rose wrote: Zuul looks at Gavin with anger in his eyes, not completely buying the "crazy" explanation. Thanking the Professor for the healing, he starts chatting. "You saw him. He attacked with that blade. Why should we ignore such treachery?"
"I believe it was caused by the toxin from that alien, upon injection into his bloodstream it entered his brain and altered his thought processes, clouding his normal thinking. His body appears to have now metabolized the offending chemicals, and he is able to function again of his own will." Clark further elaborates to Zuul.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul

Zuul narrows his eyes at the Professor, attempting to reconcile the past actions with this information. Finally he throws his head back, produces a throaty chuckle and seems to be all smiles once again.

"No harm Gavin. We've all been in situationss where we acted odd. He rememberss thiss one time, at camp, where he ate some red mushroomss..."

Zuul rambles on for a little bit, but still motions for Gavin to go up ahead of him.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#170 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin a shocked look on his face "Sorry Zuul I didn't know what I was attacking everything looked like one of those crab alien things."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”