OTHERSPACE: Episode Two: CELESTIAL Found

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OTHERSPACE: Episode Two: CELESTIAL Found

#41 Post by ybn1197 »

Jackson turns to Clark and Gavin. "How long have we been here? We haven't seen one body, no life signs. If the imps escaped, they wouldn't have taken the time to drag bodies along with them. We just saw in the holo Nothos taking out the captain. Where is she?" He spins in a circle before giving everyone a questioning look. "I don't think rushing off to salvage parts is the best idea. Something is going on here and I for one don't like the idea of blundering around aimlessly."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "Look Jackson I don't like blundering around but unless you have any better ideas there are dead bodies missing, strange webbing everywhere, imps on the loose, a mysterious presence all around us according to our Jedi friend here...and of course two busted ships, and us being stranded in this strange otherspace rather than anything we have ever known. I for one don't want to die here."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Zuul looks a bit odd for a moment, then asks: "Do droidss show up on the scan, because we know of at least one droid that wass here and may still be here."

These big shipss usually have lifepodss. Maybe they all left?"

GreyWolfVT

#44 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "Good point Zuul, but that raises a question can droids be detected by the force? I'd think there would be some sensor scan we could do to see if there are any droids still on the ship or if any pods have been used. Rather than charging off head first to our deaths or a trap."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#45 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Zinn takes a deep breath. "Not running off half-cocked is the first good thing I've heard since we all landed here." He points at the strange, as-yet-undefined webbing. "We have exactly NO idea what that stuff is, how it got here, or what else it might mean." He looks every party member in the eyes as he speaks. "Jackson here was part of their crew, but was unconscious for an unknown amount of time. His intel is spotty at best. The security footage is even less so, because whatever left this webbing apparently shorted out the holocams' ability to continue recording, leaving us blind to whatever else might be on board this ship. I do NOT like this."

He runs his hand across his bald scalp, then continues to speak. "I think it is a catastrophically bad idea to split up at this point. Although we might be able to get more done, were we split up, that will set us up for failure. We should stick together, accomplish each minor bit of cannibalization we need in order to get our own ship going...but do it as a group. More eyes watching each others' backs will save us here. We need to stay vigilant, and keep our trigger fingers from getting carried away. Agreed?"

GreyWolfVT

#46 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin looking as if something just popped into his head "Question, what exactly is stopping anything from getting aboard the OutRunner exactly?"

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Starbeard »

Vale agrees about staying onboard long enough to get what they need. "Staying in this strange void for extended periods of time may be very harmful to us. We must leave as soon as we can, but to do that we will need to collect what we can from this ship. Ordinarily I would say that we are safe enough that dividing our forces would be best, but I sense a disturbance that makes me wary. We should stick together."

When Gavin makes his remark about the Outrunner, Vale starts up in alarm. "He's right! We should use the sensors here to scan our own ship. Who knows what's been happening to it since we've left. Is there some way to tap into its security network and view the inside of the ship? It's possible the Outrunner is also being 'cocooned' by this strange webbing as well."

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by max_vale »

Alliance Transport Celestial; Otherspace

The Rebels utilize the Celestial's scanners and access the Transport's holocam footage to learn the following: there are no readings of Droids onboard this ship or the Outrunner; nor are their any readings of any lifeforms on the latter as well. The security camera footage shows that 4 of the 6 Rebel Security guards are dead on the level below; it would appear that two of them had been shot by blasters, another looked as if he had been stabbed/sliced to his demise and the last looked as if she had suffered from blunt-force trauma to the head. There was no sign of the other two guards, nor of any of the other crew of the Rebel Transport. The hyperspace engines looked as if they had been melted down....there was very little chance of being able to find any usable parts needed to fix the Outrunner's engines from the mess that had once been the Celestial's engines....

While there were more strands of the strange webbing here and there onboard the ship; by far the largest concentration of webbing was located on the external cargo racks and entry to the cargo hold that was next to the racks. In some places, the strands had been laid thick enough to form 1 meter high and 5 times that long solid 'walls' of webbing. Blaster scorch marks proved that these strands were remarkably durable and that some kind of fight had gone down. One of the three Escape Pods; each capable of holding up to 10 people comfortably had recently been jettisoned from the Rebel Transport...

At about that moment, the sensors and the eyes of the Rebel team were drawn to a bizarre sight out of the front view-screen. What looked like a large rock/ship floated into view; huge, dark and alien to all known ship-design theories. Numerous small ships, all apparently dark and lifeless orbited the craft like tiny moons while other numerous wrecks of various small freighters, shuttles and starfighters lined the rocky 'hull' of the ship. Sensors detected nothing of value from the ship while Vale once again felt the strange foreboding presence that was not-quite-life but something sinister sending faint waves on the Force before feeling suddenly cold and nothing out there that he had felt before....

The young Jedi after a long moment DID feel faint echoes of more familiar life coming from the....asteroid/ship/craft/whatever; but they were very hard to pin down....

kipper
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by kipper »

"Maybe we can scavenge what need from one of those hulks on that... thing." Clark muses.

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "This just gets worse and worse doesn't it."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by ybn1197 »

Aye my friend, Jackson says to Gavin. As much as I am loathe to agree, I believe Dr. Clark is correct. We don't have any hope of getting what we need from this ship. So our only resolve at this point is to look elsewhere. Jackson's gaze drifts to the "ship" outside.

Starbeard
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Starbeard »

Vale looks out at the strange ship approaching. "I think we should get out of here. The quicker, the better."

GreyWolfVT

#53 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Gavin "I'm with Vale on this, soon we get off the ship the better."

Jedi Skyler
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#54 Post by Jedi Skyler »

Zinn nods in agreement. "If there's nothing to be salvaged from this ship, then let's get out of here. Perhaps we also ought to destroy it as well; this webbing is likely a manifestation of whatever is setting Vale's senses off. We have no way of knowing if it will continue to grow or what; vaporized, it has ZERO chance of coming back to bite us in the rear."

Return to “Star Wars RPG: Star Fall”